News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Depot visits

Started by Tony, July 26, 2013, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

Like others on the forum, I quite liked the event. The number of stalls that were set out this time round were a marked improvement on the last Open Day and the cup cake stand was a "icing" on the cake  ;D

Was kind of hoping of for a AG Gemini to be there although seeing as I catch them daily, I can look past that. I also found the constant horn noises to be a strain on my audible sense. I can't be the only person who thinks the singles & deckers were parked a tad too close to each other given how much room was left in front of the singles.
Another thing which I found to be positive was the presence of the training vehicle. I spoke to a few managers who were kind enough to answer questions and I was given a fair bit of info.
I found myself inside for a bit deciphering the driver duty sheet.

Overall, can't complain. Kind of wish their was more variety in terms of NX buses being there but my only regret was not sitting in the cab of the B5 as that was constantly "in use".
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Westy

Interesting how the little darlings managed to work out how to set the destinations!

A Wolves driver tried to explain at their open day but it lost me!

Kevin

The constant horns and alarms at the previous event put me off
Also I was busy
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

DJ

Quote from: Kevin on August 13, 2017, 01:09:40 PM
The constant horns and alarms at the previous event put me off
Also I was busy

I saw a video of the last one and it did seem a little annoying. I did plan to come down to this one but I managed to oversleep so I had to head straight to the West Brom match. Maybe next time though!

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

karl724223

Is the thief on here who stole a vcr on one of the nx visiting buses ??
Also is the moron on here who was caught by management writing down drivers names and roll numbers ?
Just been told CCTV is being viewed to find out who the thief is

DJ

Quote from: karl724223 on August 13, 2017, 04:48:26 PM

People still use VCRs?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

Quote from: karl724223 on August 13, 2017, 04:48:26 PM
Also is the moron on here who was caught by management writing down drivers names and roll numbers ?
Just been told CCTV is being viewed to find out who the thief is

Was that in the main building, where the loos were?

There was a chaplain guy in there at one point, talking to some guy in a wheelchair.

Was that information on a noticeboard by the way, opposite the display that explained the history of the garage?

Surely that information should have been moved for the day, especially as that building housed the only toilets available?

Anyone could've had that information as they went through to the loo!

I was probably not the only one who had a look at that board, as I went to the loo, the only difference was I never took a note of the information.

I couldn't even tell you what was on that board!

By the way, talking about restricted areas, I presume as long as we stayed the one side of the fence near the one gate, we were ok taking pictures of the withdrawn buses, as there was no one there official stopping us, in other words you stayed by the cars.

ARBB

Quote from: Westy on August 13, 2017, 07:12:14 PM
Was that in the main building, where the loos were?

There was a chaplain guy in there at one point, talking to some guy in a wheelchair.

Was that information on a noticeboard by the way, opposite the display that explained the history of the garage?

Surely that information should have been moved for the day, especially as that building housed the only toilets available?

Anyone could've had that information as they went through to the loo!

I was probably not the only one who had a look at that board, as I went to the loo, the only difference was I never took a note of the information.

I couldn't even tell you what was on that board!

By the way, talking about restricted areas, I presume as long as we stayed the one side of the fence near the one gate, we were ok taking pictures of the withdrawn buses, as there was no one there official stopping us, in other words you stayed by the cars.

I've got loads of photos of the scrap buses, inside and out.

BK63 YWP

I enjoyed myself yesterday, and what karl has said about someone stealing a VCR and writing down peoples details has annoyed me that someone would do that I know there's being a bus enthusiast but to the point of stealing and breaching the data protection act for a hobby is insane!!!

Whoever it is need to hand themself in and if this discourages more open days I will not be happy! How the reckless actions of one individual would destroy the happiness of the many normal bus enthusiasts.

Sorry for the rant but when I was there everyone was enjoying themselves
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

sonic84

Quote from: Chris on August 13, 2017, 08:07:38 PM
I enjoyed myself yesterday, and what karl has said about someone stealing a VCR and writing down peoples details has annoyed me that someone would do that I know there's being a bus enthusiast but to the point of stealing and breaching the data protection act for a hobby is insane!!!

Whoever it is need to hand themself in and if this discourages more open days I will not be happy! How the reckless actions of one individual would destroy the happiness of the many normal bus enthusiasts.

Well said! It's really disappointing that someone has gone too far on what was a lovely day, especially when the garage didn't have to open their doors to the public at all.

Really hope whoever it was writing down driver info comes forward, and same for the missing vcr.

WMT3000

Quote from: Chris on August 13, 2017, 08:07:38 PM

I'd be extremely surprised if the theft of said vcr was down to an enthusiast. Without wanting to be too unkind, several of the clientelle attending didn't appear to be enthusiasts of anything other than taxpayers money and their ratty, feral tax credits, er..sorry i mean children (one of whom is probably watching Power Rangers on the vcr right now.)

As for the drivers' info, which i daresay was down to an "enthusiast", sadly only NX can be blamed for this. If it is a breach of data protection, it has been caused purely by information which is not meant for the public being on display in unrestricted areas. (The fact that some saddo would want to know drivers' details is a bit creepy to say the least, however.)

On a more positive note, i greatly enjoyed the day myself. It was good to see a few familiar faces and great to attend another well-organised event. From what i saw other people had a good time too. Thanks must also go to the depot staff who were very friendly and helpful.

Westy

I've mentioned on here before that I occasionally catch the morning bus to Wednesbury Parkway with a woman who works on the same estate as me, whose other half works at PB on the Suttons.

I mentioned to her about the open day, whether her hubby was likely to be going to Pensnett either privately or for work purposes & she wasn't sure.

I can foresee her response, on her hubby's behalf, when I tell her next time I see her & frankly I wouldn't blame her & him!

AndrewLee

Quote from: WMT3000 on August 13, 2017, 08:44:40 PM
I'd be extremely surprised if the theft of said vcr was down to an enthusiast. Without wanting to be too unkind, several of the clientelle attending didn't appear to be enthusiasts of anything other than taxpayers money and their ratty, feral tax credits, er..sorry i mean children (one of whom is probably watching Power Rangers on the vcr right now.)

Sir, I must admit I had a chuckle at this! The VCR isn't a video recorder. It's a Vehicle Condition Report - a piece of paper! 😂

WMT3000

Quote from: AndrewLee on August 14, 2017, 10:47:18 AM
Sir, I must admit I had a chuckle at this! The VCR isn't a video recorder. It's a Vehicle Condition Report - a piece of paper! 😂
Hahaha! Looks like i got the wrong end of the stick on this one! I must admit, i did wonder why there would be a video recorder on a bus. I really must familiarise myself with these terms and abbreviations.

Oh well, hopefully i've given a few forum members something to laugh at anyway!

AndrewLee

Quote from: WMT3000 on August 14, 2017, 10:56:38 AM
Hahaha! Looks like i got the wrong end of the stick on this one! I must admit, i did wonder why there would be a video recorder on a bus. I really must familiarise myself with these terms and abbreviations.

Oh well, hopefully i've given a few forum members something to laugh at anyway!

No worries fella. Actually there is a VHS recorder on the Tridents. Behind a panel under the stairs. Records the CCTV images. So you weren't that far off the mark 😛

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk