News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Depot visits

Started by Tony, July 26, 2013, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Quote from: BusFan94 on July 20, 2017, 07:10:07 PM
Yeah if I can come Can I wear Converse or do we need Protective Shoes

Great question Busfan.

For those who are out of touch with any part of society under 50 (mental as well as physical age - and I'm betting there are some - look at the Brexit vote demographic) he's asking do you need to bring PPE footwear or are soft shoes like trainers and Converse Ok. As I say good question.

Bus Fan I once walked round a Midland Red garage in white trainers, 19 in flares and a Levi jacket - you can guess it was a v long time ago - however I am in a photo in this gear in one of Malcolm Keeley's books on this visit to the Midland Red depot..... v embarrassing!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: don on July 20, 2017, 07:51:07 PM
Great question Busfan.

For those who are out of touch with any part of society under 50 (mental as well as physical age - and I'm betting there are some - look at he Brexit vote demographic) he's asking do you need to bring PPE footwear or are soft shoes like trainers and Converse Ok. As I say good question.

Exactly, it is a good question, I just find it very offensive that members of this forum are trying to make Busfan look a fool. Instead some people need to empathise, to be a member of this forum you need to be a lover of public transport, nothing more or less.

IMO some people owe him an apology. To me the rule is, treat people on here the same as you expect to be treated yourself.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

Quote from: MW on July 20, 2017, 08:01:05 PM
To be a member of this forum, you need to be literate.

Correct?

Literacy helps but is not a requirement. What is expected is for members to be respectful to each other, and to follow the Forum Rules.

Can you all please grow up a little, and keep this thread on topic? Thank you!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mike K

Quote from: don on July 20, 2017, 07:51:07 PM
Bus Fan I once walked round a Midland Red garage in white trainers, 19 in flares and a Levi jacket - you can guess it was a v long time ago - however I am in a photo in this gear in one of Malcolm Keeley's books on this visit to the Midland Red depot..... v embarrassing!!

Bringing things back on topic...
You'd still look fashionable around Pensnett dressed like that these days.*

* Apologies to the good folk from the Black Country on this forum. I couldn't help myself.

don

Quote from: Mike K on July 20, 2017, 10:49:53 PM
Bringing things back on topic...
You'd still look fashionable around Pensnett dressed like that these days.*

* Apologies to the good folk from the Black Country on this forum. I couldn't help myself.

Crikey Mike K - I nearly choked on my coffee when I read that hahahaha. Talk about villages losing their idiots (sorry Karl and Pensnett driver - couldn't resist and I hope they are still serving up that wonderful Bathams over there!!)

I have just realised I've made a gross error quoting an imperial measurement - probably only applicable to Americans (I was tempted to say something disparaging but I won't to avoid upsetting overseas visitors) and the over 50s.

19in = 520 mm (or thereabouts)!! You are welcome to guess which Midland Red garage - but disclosure would inevitably give the identity of the photo away (we must all have Malcolm Keeley's books!) - if you don't know him you should meet him (at Wythall) he's a great guy.

Westy

I've only got the one Malcom Keeley book, the WMPTE one from around 1985/1986, so it wont be there surely.

don

Quote from: 2206 on July 21, 2017, 09:37:37 AM
Huh!!!??? I don't understand what your going on about
I don't come on here to read your political views, this is a bus forum, i'm not interested in your political views.

No political view has been stated - it is your presumption that a remark about any implied stereotype about Americans is stating a political view - it's not. In the same way as Busfan 94 has not anywhere displayed illiteracy but some people's sensibilities have been somehow been pricked by him.

The picture is in a Midland Red book - that WMPTE book is excellent btw. Lots of pics by t w moore who posts in the Coventry bit.

Anyhooooo - back upon topic - is anyone going to the Pensnett open day? Any news on what's going to be on display?

GeminiFan1991

I personally hope to be there at the open day. I think the recruitment stand being there as well is a good idea and the last open day was a good event. Will their be a shuttle bus to the garage ? I heard a Streetdeck might do the honours this year round.

I kind of hope to see (This is being hopefully optimistic) every bus type at NX. Something not to dissimilar to the banner photo of this site. We often forget just how varied of a fleet NX have here in the West Midlands.

As for the main attraction. I firmly believe Geminis should be the main attraction !  ;) :P A red/ White, Crimson & a 11 Branded Gemini should be a located at the gate to give a positive impression of the company !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on July 21, 2017, 12:49:42 PM
I personally hope to be there at the open day. I think the recruitment stand being there as well is a good idea and the last open day was a good event. Will their be a shuttle bus to the garage ? I heard a Streetdeck might do the honours this year round.

I kind of hope to see (This is being hopefully optimistic) every bus type at NX. Something not to dissimilar to the banner photo of this site. We often forget just how varied of a fleet NX have here in the West Midlands.

As for the main attraction. I firmly believe Geminis should be the main attraction !  ;) :P A red/ White, Crimson & a 11 Branded Gemini should be a located at the gate to give a positive impression of the company !
There will be 2 hourly shuttle buses, one from Dudley and Russels Hall Hospital plus one from Stourbidge, Wordsley and Kingswinford @GeminiFan1991 .
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stuharris 6360

Don't know if it would be possible, but maybe one of the vintage buses that will be present could offer trips around the trading estate for a cost with the money being donated to charity, just a suggestion.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 21, 2017, 01:10:25 PM
Don't know if it would be possible, but maybe one of the vintage buses that will be present could offer trips around the trading estate for a cost with the money being donated to charity, just a suggestion.
If it was possible, it'd be nice to maybe see 3225 operate one of the shuttle bus services @Stuharris 6360 ?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: 2206 on July 21, 2017, 01:13:43 PM
If it was possible, it'd be nice to maybe see 3225 operate one of the shuttle bus services @Stuharris 6360 ?

If Tony could bring 3225 that would be amazing and a ride on it, even more amazing.

BN

6795 will be there, maybe something else from WN if they are feeling generous.

BusFan94

I would like to go to Pensnett. Do they still have the line of Withdrawn veichels?, as I might go inside them and take a look I know at Walsall's they did it's on YouTube. I would also like to visit BC, PB, AG, YW, BY and CV and if you can still visit Lea Hall.  Also how would I get to Pensnett from Darlaston and I plan to go away a couple of days after the open day. 
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: BusFan94 on July 21, 2017, 06:01:08 PM
I would like to go to Pensnett. Do they still have the line of Withdrawn veichels?, as I might go inside them and take a look I know at Walsall's they did it's on YouTube. I would also like to visit BC, PB, AG, YW, BY and CV and if you can still visit Lea Hall.  Also how would I get to Pensnett from Darlaston and I plan to go away a couple of days after the open day.

The number of withdrawn vehicles at Pensnett has dropped significantly, think there maybe the a few Mercs and Presidents there, but can't tell you 100%.

As for travel, would go on something like the Network West Midlands website and go to the journey planner. No buses actually use the trading estate on a Saturday, but the 205 service from Dudley will drop you close to the Trading Estate entrance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk