News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Depot visits

Started by Tony, July 26, 2013, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Possible open day at pensnett on 31st August 2015 all tbc

GeminiFan1991

Has their been any news of any potential depot visits ?!
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Ronnoc

I will pop in to Yardley Wood garage today and have a look around and maybe even take a tour. Is that okay to do?

CL

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on October 10, 2015, 02:27:40 PM
I will pop in to Yardley Wood garage today and have a look around and maybe even take a tour. Is that okay to do?
Has to be planned beforehand, doesn't it? If that weren't the case, surely many enthusiasts would've visited every/most garage(s) by now. Though, i'm not 100% sure...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

winston

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on October 10, 2015, 02:27:40 PM

No, you can't just turn up.

You have to ideally get written permission from NX or have phoned management at the garage beforehand to agree a date/time

MW

Get a high viz, and go in. If you ask at YW, they'll say no. So sod it and don't ask. They won't find out. Or go on the 18, sit upstairs at the front with your high viz on. It goes into the garage as part of the route. At least it did approx 6 years ago.

Tony

Quote from: MW on October 10, 2015, 08:19:55 PM
Get a high viz, and go in. If you ask at YW, they'll say no. So sod it and don't ask. They won't find out. Or go on the 18, sit upstairs at the front with your high viz on. It goes into the garage as part of the route. At least it did approx 6 years ago.

The 18 has never gone into the garage as part of its public route. Comments like that will see you visiting your manager very sharpish!

Driver03

I would not recommend that idea at all, ever heard of something called trespassing??

Ask for permission via the correct channels if your interested in visiting.

Tony

Quote from: Tony on October 10, 2015, 08:23:22 PM
The 18 has never gone into the garage as part of its public route. Comments like that will see you visiting your manager very sharpish!

And yes they may notice, last time I was in YW I got asked to see my employee 'passport' by someone who didn't recognise me

Bryan

I'm sorry to say this but MW should be barred from this forum with comments like that.

Trident 4194

winston

Good advice there, especially considering you're an employee!

That maybe what you used to do which also  included starting up buses & posting a video on YouTube......

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 10, 2015, 08:48:33 PM
I think he's joking

Probably is, the only problem is that somebody might take him seriously and land both themselves and MW into trouble.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

GeminiFan1991

I was thinking of going AG tomorrow, going inside to the reception and asking for a potential guided look around or photos from a safe position, a refusal is understandable if it no prior notice has been given.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Bryan

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 10, 2015, 08:50:51 PM
Probably is, the only problem is that somebody might take him seriously and land both themselves and MW into trouble.

I agree.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk