News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Depot visits

Started by Tony, July 26, 2013, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Quote from: P419 EJW on April 30, 2014, 10:20:43 PM
Quote from: Matt on April 30, 2014, 10:18:25 PM
Quote from: Nathan on April 30, 2014, 10:12:07 PM
Quote from: Matt on April 30, 2014, 10:05:48 PM
Quote from: Nathan on April 30, 2014, 10:03:13 PM
I should be able to attend the Visit to AG whatevever date it is organised for :) Will mean getting up a bit early ;)

Wolverhampton to Acocks Green, quite a trek!

Yes i thought i'd walk all the way there lol ;)

Think i might use the tram to speed up the journey then the Outer Circle.

I wouldn't be surprised if i wasn't the only one travelling over from W'ton.  I travel that far on my travels mist Weekends so i will manage it lol ;)

If you mean the tram Wolves to Soho then the Outer Circle, that would take an awfully long time. I'm not sure which way round the circle would be quicker. If you mean the tram to Birmingham then that takes forever, not far off an hour I think.

I'd just get the train, it'll get there in no time. In the time the 59 takes from Wednesfield to Wolves, the express trains can do Wolves to Birmingham

The tram takes 37 minutes to Birmingham.

Really? It feels a lot longer, although I'm used to the train doing it in 15 minutes I suppose!

P419 EJW

Quote from: Matt on April 30, 2014, 10:21:57 PM
Quote from: P419 EJW on April 30, 2014, 10:20:43 PM
Quote from: Matt on April 30, 2014, 10:18:25 PM
Quote from: Nathan on April 30, 2014, 10:12:07 PM
Quote from: Matt on April 30, 2014, 10:05:48 PM
Quote from: Nathan on April 30, 2014, 10:03:13 PM
I should be able to attend the Visit to AG whatevever date it is organised for :) Will mean getting up a bit early ;)

Wolverhampton to Acocks Green, quite a trek!

Yes i thought i'd walk all the way there lol ;)

Think i might use the tram to speed up the journey then the Outer Circle.

I wouldn't be surprised if i wasn't the only one travelling over from W'ton.  I travel that far on my travels mist Weekends so i will manage it lol ;)

If you mean the tram Wolves to Soho then the Outer Circle, that would take an awfully long time. I'm not sure which way round the circle would be quicker. If you mean the tram to Birmingham then that takes forever, not far off an hour I think.

I'd just get the train, it'll get there in no time. In the time the 59 takes from Wednesfield to Wolves, the express trains can do Wolves to Birmingham

The tram takes 37 minutes to Birmingham.

Really? It feels a lot longer, although I'm used to the train doing it in 15 minutes I suppose!

<being pedantic> It's 35 minutes, not 37. D: I guess it feels longer because it has 23 stops. :)

Steve6544

I might not be able to attend the depot tour😢

Rob H

Quote from: Nathan on April 30, 2014, 10:16:00 PM
Or i can catch the 69/89 into W'ton :)  I will catch the tram (Would it be quicker going into Brum then catching the 31/7 or interchanging with the Outer Circle at one of the stops along the line?)

I'd get the tram into Brum then get the 37 as P419EJW said Metro takes 35 minutes into Brum then I'd say the 37 takes about 20-30 minutes into Acocks Green. :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Steve6544

Isn't there a train you can get to a cooks green

Trident 4609

I don't really like using the train (Just prefer the tram ;)) It will all depend what Type of Pass i buy i guess on that particular week of the visit? Whether my Usual N-Bus, Bus and Tram or N Network

I'd rather buy an N-bus+Tram as i would probably use the bus&tram during that half term week so i wouldn't want to pay extra for the N Network if i would only use the train a couple of times just for one day during that week. The tram then then the 37 seems the best options :)

Thanks to everyone for the replies :)

Rob H

Quote from: Daniel w on April 30, 2014, 10:27:15 PM

You mean Acocks not cooks ;)

Yes if you wanted to use the train then it would be Wolverhampton - Smethwick Galton Bridge then a Dorridge bound Train to Acocks Green :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

trident4370

Don't forget Rob we are all going to little chef after a cooks green :D

Trident 4609

Quote from: trident4370 on April 30, 2014, 10:44:07 PM
Don't forget Rob we are all going to little chef after a cooks green :D

I bet they have the best canteen at cooks green garage? (Jokes in bad taste?)

trident4370

Put it this way, if the cook is green I don't fancy the food much... "BACK ON TOPIC!"

Trident 4609

It will be nice to see some of the forum members again from the WA visit and hope to see some new faces (Its nice to put a face to a name) :)

Ps Lets hope LS shows up ;) (Are you planning to tag along to the AG visit?)

the trainbasher

Quote from: Nathan on April 30, 2014, 11:17:01 PM
It will be nice to see some of the forum members again from the WA visit and hope to see some new faces (Its nice to put a face to a name) :)

Ps Lets hope LS shows up ;) (Are you planning to tag along to the AG visit?)

Indeed, it would be interesting to meet LS!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

MW

Quote from: Rob H on April 30, 2014, 10:30:17 PM
Quote from: Daniel w on April 30, 2014, 10:27:15 PM
Yes if you wanted to use the train then it would be Wolverhampton - Smethwick Galton Bridge then a Dorridge bound Train to Acocks Green :)

Acocks Green station is pretty far from the bus depot, whereas Spring Road is literally behind the bus depot, pretty much.

Matt.N0056

I'll probably show my face this time ;)

James4368

I make a appearance as its my local garage
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk