News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Depot visits

Started by Tony, July 26, 2013, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James4368

what garage are planning to visit and when? I break up from school on Friday 23rd may
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

winston

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on April 30, 2014, 04:09:17 PM
what garage are planning to visit and when? I break up from school on Friday 23rd may

See Tony's post further up this thread:

One of the managers at Acocks Green has offered to do the next group tour around a garage. I will be sorting details out So it happens during a school holiday again in the near future

James4368

thanks Winston

I hope its WN or BC
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

winston

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on April 30, 2014, 04:18:59 PM
thanks Winston

I hope its WN or BC

James, the clue is in Tony's post.....

P419 EJW

No, nxwmbusfan1999. Read properly. Tony said "Acocks Green".

CL

Technically, Tony said 'a garage'. He said the Acocks Green manager has agreed to do this, but maybe not at AG. Maybe the AG manager will come down to another depot? I'm not sure...  ;)  :P
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4609

I should be able to attend the Visit to AG whatevever date it is organised for :) Will mean getting up a bit early ;)

nitromatt1

Quote from: Nathan on April 30, 2014, 10:03:13 PM
I should be able to attend the Visit to AG whatevever date it is organised for :) Will mean getting up a bit early ;)

Wolverhampton to Acocks Green, quite a trek!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Matt on April 30, 2014, 10:05:48 PM

Suppose it would be

59 into Wolverhampton
126 to Bearwood
and 11 to Acocks Green!  :)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

P419 EJW

Quick way: Metro to Snow Hill, 31 or 37 to Acocks Green, 11C or walk to garage.

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 30, 2014, 10:08:28 PM

Suppose it would be

59 into Wolverhampton
126 to Bearwood
and 11 to Acocks Green!  :)

I'd use the train

Trident 4609

Yes i thought i'd walk all the way there lol ;)

Think i might use the tram to speed up the journey then the Outer Circle.

I wouldn't be surprised if i wasn't the only one travelling over from W'ton.  I travel that far on my travels mist Weekends so i will manage it lol ;)

Trident 4609

Or i can catch the 69/89 into W'ton :)  I will catch the tram (Would it be quicker going into Brum then catching the 31/7 or interchanging with the Outer Circle at one of the stops along the line?)

nitromatt1

Quote from: Nathan on April 30, 2014, 10:12:07 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if i wasn't the only one travelling over from W'ton.  I travel that far on my travels mist Weekends so i will manage it lol ;)

If you mean the tram Wolves to Soho then the Outer Circle, that would take an awfully long time. I'm not sure which way round the circle would be quicker. If you mean the tram to Birmingham then that takes forever, not far off an hour I think.

I'd just get the train, it'll get there in no time. In the time the 59 takes from Wednesfield to Wolves, the express trains can do Wolves to Birmingham

P419 EJW

Quote from: Matt on April 30, 2014, 10:18:25 PM
Quote from: Nathan on April 30, 2014, 10:12:07 PM

If you mean the tram Wolves to Soho then the Outer Circle, that would take an awfully long time. I'm not sure which way round the circle would be quicker. If you mean the tram to Birmingham then that takes forever, not far off an hour I think.

I'd just get the train, it'll get there in no time. In the time the 59 takes from Wednesfield to Wolves, the express trains can do Wolves to Birmingham

The tram takes 37 minutes to Birmingham.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk