News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Questions for the NXWM Operations Director

Started by NX OD, July 24, 2013, 10:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: NX OD on July 24, 2013, 09:57:01 PM

Winston,

Not really my area but I expect next years order to be Euro 5.

Simon,

I had anticipated NX may choose to order further Euro 5 models for 2014 deliveries, given the significant cost differences between Euro 5 & Euro 6, additionally it would give NX time to weigh up its options re future buying policy whilst allowing manufacturers time to iron out any teething troubles.

One further question, is the intention still to sell Lea Hall garage? Or is this now being retained to provide additional garage capacity to allow for future growth of the fleet?

Bob

I really wish you would reintroduce a Walsall to Cannock service, itd knock spots off arriva's 1 service and a daysaver would provide links to loads of places in the west midlands :)

the trainbasher

Hi Simon,

I would like to ask why NXWM are not competing against Diamond on some of the areas/routes they run commercially that have gaps  between existing NXWM routes, for example 002, the 4H section between Hayley Green and Halesowen, 142 (Stourbridge) and similar, especially as NXWM have the travelcard which is more useful (because of the better validity than the diamond period ticket).

Also, will BC be getting a bus painted in Birmingham Corporation Tramways or Birmingham City Transport livery next year, especially as it would be 100 years since the first motorbus in Birmingham in 2014?

If you cant answer any of these then thats ok, its just a matter of curiosity (killed the cat :-)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

domino.99

Any chance of the 82 becoming full volvo b7rle operated sick of mercs

vinh1000

Any idea when Swift will be fully implemented onto the NXWM network?
Thanks
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Steve3229vp

Hello Simon,
I'm a regular user of the 28 and 907, the 28 has always suffered from delays especially if there is an RTA on the motorways which impacts on the 28 both at the Scott Arms and Castle Bromwich. May I suggest the following:

28 Bordesley Green to Dyas Road only (every 15 mins)
38 Castle Vale to Scott Arms (every 15mins), replacing 638.

This would mean each service would only be impacted ONCE if there is an RTA on the motorway (28 at Castle Bromwich, 38 at the Scott Arms) and would combine 7/8 mins between Chester Road and Dyas Road which is the busiest section of the route.

Finally please STOP Perry Barr garage putting single deckers on the 907 especially in peaks, the amount of times I've had to walk to Livery Street to get the 7 or jumping on a 934 etc to Hawthorn Road then walking or getting a 28 because the 907 was full or coming from Sutton they can be full before reaching the Crossways, the 15 min frequency in peaks is inadequate as it is (it was every 10 mins 3 years ago) , this route has been neglected for too long the fact is that passengers have been driven away.

Sh4318

Quote from: uniquicity on July 24, 2013, 10:08:35 PM
1) Are the current Soho Road vehicles going to be refurbished and branded?

2) Do the 83/89 break the emissions rule by using Mercs?

No, they don't they're classed as two separate routes running every 30 minutes
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Sh4318

Quote from: NX OD on July 24, 2013, 09:25:20 PM
Quote from: Sh4166 on July 24, 2013, 06:40:12 PM
Hi Simon,

Are there any plans for the 289? Patronage is poor between Rowley Regis Hospital and Old Hill, and residents of Brickhouse Farm don't have a direct (NXWM) service to Merry Hill anymore

Hi Sh4166,

We are still monitoring the 289 from the recent change so no plans at present.

Could I also ask about the future of the 83 & 89, as far as vehicle allocations are concerned? Both routes appear to be allocated more and more double deckers, with at 5 of the 9 buses today being double decker. Will both routes eventually become fully double deck?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

BU07 LGO

Hi Simon, A friend of mine has asked me to ask if the 35 will be getting any kind of frequency increase soon as there are a lot of journeys that struggle to cope now. He also said is there a chance of an earlier Sunday morning journey being introduced soon as the first one currently doesn't arrive into city until 9 o' Clock. Thanks

Westy

In case it was missed first time!

Quote from: Westy on July 24, 2013, 06:53:45 PM
Hi Simon.

Must admit I'm surprised a 'big boss' has come onto what is essentially a 'hobby' site, but anyway welcome.

(What is the current relationship between NX & the Beeb, as since Ed Doolan stopped doing regular shows, I haven't heard of any phone in involving you & Centro, like the ones Phil Bateman used to do with Ed, lately!)

How come 'traditional' circular services, like the old 370/371/372/373 in Walsall have fallen out of favour?

While it is good to see the likes of the 302 operate all day, restoring a evening & Sunday link between Lower Farm & Walsall via Leamore, the same as the daytime service, it seems to have had the reverse effect on the 70 evening service, the entire service being cut back a few years ago to run Walsall - Beechdale - Bloxwich only anyway.

While it appears to have healthy loadings during the day, the loadings have detiorated on the evening service to the point, where you have withdrawn the journeys, & being offered up for tender to be won by another company.

Surely it would've been easier to keep the services as 'Circulars', running back to Walsall via Leamore & perhaps look at the timetable again for the 301 service, as there seems to be lot of half empty buses during the daytime on this service. (I'm taking a guess that the frequency for this timetable seems to be for the benefit of the drivers going to & from the depot!)

There has been comments elsewhere about the reliability of the 302 service, compared to the 301. There is a guy called 'Stuart Williams', who runs a Facebook/Twitter/website called 'The Bloxwich Telegraph', who I believe has been in touch with local management via Walsall Council, plus I have a friend on Lower Farm, who has moaned about reliability too. (I know this service has changed recently, so hopefully that's fixed)

I do have a suggestion. Why don't you run the 301 & 302 as a circular service north of Bloxwich, so both services could serve Turnberry Road after serving Mossley & Lower Farm? (Interworking, I believe you call it?)

On behalf on my sister, who works in Birmingham, once the tunnel works are over, can you look at the to & from Cannock X51 journeys, as they seem to be unreliable.

Not for the first time, that the first journey leaving City after 5pm to Cannock seems to go 'missing', leaving her to either catch either a 'short' journey to Walsall or at worst, catch a 51 instead, which takes ages, as you're probably aware.

One day last week, the 2nd journey from Cannock was at least 15 mins late. (Followed 5 mins later by the 3rd journey! I know, as I saw both journeys pass the stop outside my house in Bloxwich!)

Surely there should not be an issue on journeys running straight from the garage to the outer terminus onwards?

By the way, definetely agree on the fleetname issue already raised.

nx4737

Simon,

Good to see you here.

Do you know when the Scania Omnicity/link deckers at Perry Barr will be in for repaint?

NX OD

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on July 24, 2013, 10:27:20 PM
Hi Simon, really glad you've come here to answer our questions.
Is there plans for some more new midibuses? I ask this because the B6LE are deteriorating fast and it won't be long before they're not going to be able to run. (I say this having travelled on two today)

Hi NXWM Spectra,

We had a meeting where this was discussed this week.  They had a refurb some 3-4 years ago and are pretty good inside and out.  It is the mechanical reliability that is a challenger for us.

NX OD

Quote from: Winston on July 24, 2013, 10:32:10 PM
Quote from: NX OD on July 24, 2013, 09:57:01 PM

Winston,

Not really my area but I expect next years order to be Euro 5.

Simon,

I had anticipated NX may choose to order further Euro 5 models for 2014 deliveries, given the significant cost differences between Euro 5 & Euro 6, additionally it would give NX time to weigh up its options re future buying policy whilst allowing manufacturers time to iron out any teething troubles.

One further question, is the intention still to sell Lea Hall garage? Or is this now being retained to provide additional garage capacity to allow for future growth of the fleet?

It is still our intention to sell Lea Hall unless a better plan comes along.

NX OD

Quote from: DJ trainbasher on July 24, 2013, 10:36:17 PM
Hi Simon,

I would like to ask why NXWM are not competing against Diamond on some of the areas/routes they run commercially that have gaps  between existing NXWM routes, for example 002, the 4H section between Hayley Green and Halesowen, 142 (Stourbridge) and similar, especially as NXWM have the travelcard which is more useful (because of the better validity than the diamond period ticket).

Also, will BC be getting a bus painted in Birmingham Corporation Tramways or Birmingham City Transport livery next year, especially as it would be 100 years since the first motorbus in Birmingham in 2014?

If you cant answer any of these then thats ok, its just a matter of curiosity (killed the cat :-)

The first question is not one that I can answer really but thank you anyway.

The idea for a bus in heritage livery is a good one so maybe.

monkeyjoe

Thanks for answering questions. Are their still plans for a WB out station to house routes like 16/ 101 & soho Rd routes. To free up space at PB & WB?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk