News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Questions for the NXWM Operations Director

Started by NX OD, July 24, 2013, 10:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: NX OD on August 19, 2013, 04:50:43 PM

I am not aware of anything and am sorry if you were not able to catch the bus you wanted.

AVL is manned until 22.00 Monday to Saturday but with reduced levels of staff.  I will ask them and the late night Inspectors to look at the 97.

Fair enough. Cheers for that & i'll try my luck again later in the week.

Stu

Hi again!

Do you know of any plans to look at the 3, 31 and 31A services in Acocks Green and Shirley again?

I know that some residents of Yardley Wood felt a bit put out when the 3 was revised to serve Acocks Green (replacing the 3A variant) which meant that they lost a direct link to Solihull (not counting the 76, as that serves different parts of Yardley Wood).

There were also many complaints at the time about the use of single deck vehicles on the route, as it would get very busy between the city centre and Yardley Wood (the part of the route shared with the 2) and overcrowded, due to the overall frequency reduction on the combined services. However as a result, we now have half-empty double-deck buses running between Acocks Green and Shirley, and this is from someone who posted on the Acocks Green Village Facebook page:

QuoteHi can anyone help with my concern? I live on pool farm rd! We have a double decker bus going back and forward from 6am -7pm Monday -Saturday the most iv ever seen is about 10 people if that!! Our road runs a long side a park that children play in also we right next to dolphin lane? So why the bus needs to come down pool farm? Iv had my car hit by this bus when parked outside. I live with two young children one disable & the bus stops right outside my house so we find it difficult to park my car safe!.. How can I get the bus moved to next road ( dolphin lane? ) which is much wider and not next to park?

I appreciate that the 3A (now 3) service was introduced to replace part of the old 32 service, which served Pool Farm Road and Gospel Oak, but do the passenger loadings on this part of the route justify the level of service being provided currently?

Could the current 31 service be revised to operate this part of the route daytimes only, or is there any feasibility to reintroduce at least most of the old daytime 32 service (between the new development at Swan Island and Shirley Station), thus allowing the 3 to continue to Solihull via Robin Hood Island instead of Acocks Green?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4609

Quote from: NX OD on August 19, 2013, 04:45:20 PM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 15, 2013, 08:55:39 PM
NX OD, Don't know if i have asked already but are WN going to change the TWM logos on the tridents as there doesn't seem to be any progress being made. But saying the WN tridents are being repainted at a rapid rate

Yes, all garages should be working through applying NX fleet names.

But WN garage don't even seem to be making a start on applying new fleetnamed. Probably by the time they start all of them will be repained! (Is this why they WN aren't applying NX fleetnames because they are repainting them at a quick rate)

JB93

Hi Simon,
I just wondered if there was some kind of priority system in place with which buses get refurbished next, as it still seems odd to me that relatively brand new E400s and Omnilinks are being prioritised for refurbishment when buses like many Tridents which are over 10 years old and the ALX400s have gone their entire lives without a single refurb. I rode 4300 today on the 94 and I have to say, it was in a disgraceful state, but the worst part is I've seen WB ALX400's in far worse condition. Is the amount of time it's taken to get only a fraction of the fleet in full NXWM livery justified?

Westy

How come no mention of the Bloxwich Road diversion on your website?

Its on NWM's site though.

By the way, the diversion is advertised as going via Leamore Lane & Green Lane, unless theres traffic issues, then it gets diverted via Harden Road & Coalpool(your old 319 route, now Arrivas 19!)

Why cant you divert all the time of the diversion via Harden anyway, as you miss out less stops, especially as Arriva 19 can operate as normal anyway, as the diversion stops at Forest Lane anyway?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on August 19, 2013, 10:15:50 PM

By the way, the diversion is advertised as going via Leamore Lane & Green Lane, unless theres traffic issues, then it gets diverted via Harden Road & Coalpool(your old 319 route, now Arrivas 19!)

Why cant you divert all the time of the diversion via Harden anyway, as you miss out less stops, especially as Arriva 19 can operate as normal anyway, as the diversion stops at Forest Lane anyway?

Forest Lane is closed so no, Arriva's 19 is not operating normal route! Have NWM or Arriva not mentioned that?

Westy

Nothing on Arriva.

NWM suggests 19 is normal.

Can you take a look at NWM website & see what you think?

SMK

Hi Simon.

Do you know if there is any possibility of an extension of the 34 from it's current Stowlawn terminus to Wolverhampton?

I'm asking because, since the Wolverhampton bus review, the curtailment of the 526 (now 26) at Bilston means that Stowlawn no longer has a bus to Wolverhampton.
Granted, the 34 covers the section between the estate and Bilston, however it means having to catch two buses to get to Wolverhampton.
I'm guessing the main reason why the 526 was curtailed at Bilston was due to the low passenger usage of Stowlawn residents to get to and from Wolverhampton.
However, that was probably due to the route being unreliable and going round the wrekin to get to and from Wolverhampton.

In my opinion the 34 could possibly be extended to Wolverhampton from it's current terminus via the rest of Green Lanes (there are still old bus stops along there) to Wellington Road and then follow the 39/79 route (i.e. like the 334 before it's curtailment at Bilston).
This would also help deal with the full buses on the 39/79 that can occur at peak times, due to the Wolverhampton college students.
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

NX OD

Quote from: Stu on August 19, 2013, 07:52:15 PM
Hi again!

Do you know of any plans to look at the 3, 31 and 31A services in Acocks Green and Shirley again?

I know that some residents of Yardley Wood felt a bit put out when the 3 was revised to serve Acocks Green (replacing the 3A variant) which meant that they lost a direct link to Solihull (not counting the 76, as that serves different parts of Yardley Wood).

There were also many complaints at the time about the use of single deck vehicles on the route, as it would get very busy between the city centre and Yardley Wood (the part of the route shared with the 2) and overcrowded, due to the overall frequency reduction on the combined services. However as a result, we now have half-empty double-deck buses running between Acocks Green and Shirley, and this is from someone who posted on the Acocks Green Village Facebook page:

QuoteHi can anyone help with my concern? I live on pool farm rd! We have a double decker bus going back and forward from 6am -7pm Monday -Saturday the most iv ever seen is about 10 people if that!! Our road runs a long side a park that children play in also we right next to dolphin lane? So why the bus needs to come down pool farm? Iv had my car hit by this bus when parked outside. I live with two young children one disable & the bus stops right outside my house so we find it difficult to park my car safe!.. How can I get the bus moved to next road ( dolphin lane? ) which is much wider and not next to park?

I appreciate that the 3A (now 3) service was introduced to replace part of the old 32 service, which served Pool Farm Road and Gospel Oak, but do the passenger loadings on this part of the route justify the level of service being provided currently?

Could the current 31 service be revised to operate this part of the route daytimes only, or is there any feasibility to reintroduce at least most of the old daytime 32 service (between the new development at Swan Island and Shirley Station), thus allowing the 3 to continue to Solihull via Robin Hood Island instead of Acocks Green?

Hi,

We are looking at the 3 and 31 again yes but with no firm plans as yet.  I will pass your comments on to Network Planning as I am sure they will help.  Thanks very much.

NX OD

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 19, 2013, 07:52:58 PM
Quote from: NX OD on August 19, 2013, 04:45:20 PM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 15, 2013, 08:55:39 PM
NX OD, Don't know if i have asked already but are WN going to change the TWM logos on the tridents as there doesn't seem to be any progress being made. But saying the WN tridents are being repainted at a rapid rate

Yes, all garages should be working through applying NX fleet names.

But WN garage don't even seem to be making a start on applying new fleetnamed. Probably by the time they start all of them will be repained! (Is this why they WN aren't applying NX fleetnames because they are repainting them at a quick rate)

I will talk to the Engineering Manager and see what his plans are.

NX OD

Quote from: JB93 on August 19, 2013, 08:53:23 PM
Hi Simon,
I just wondered if there was some kind of priority system in place with which buses get refurbished next, as it still seems odd to me that relatively brand new E400s and Omnilinks are being prioritised for refurbishment when buses like many Tridents which are over 10 years old and the ALX400s have gone their entire lives without a single refurb. I rode 4300 today on the 94 and I have to say, it was in a disgraceful state, but the worst part is I've seen WB ALX400's in far worse condition. Is the amount of time it's taken to get only a fraction of the fleet in full NXWM livery justified?

Hi,

There are lots of reasons why some buses get prioritised above others and sometimes it just comes down to the garage being able to release them.  Often there are campaigns that need doing such as repainting the Coventry singles that went to PB or to get buses ready for branding (like the 529).

NX OD

Quote from: Westy on August 19, 2013, 10:15:50 PM

Hi,

Just a cock up why it is not on our website.  I have asked for it to be put on and believe it now is.

NX OD

Quote from: SMK on August 20, 2013, 07:00:34 PM
Hi Simon.

Do you know if there is any possibility of an extension of the 34 from it's current Stowlawn terminus to Wolverhampton?

I'm asking because, since the Wolverhampton bus review, the curtailment of the 526 (now 26) at Bilston means that Stowlawn no longer has a bus to Wolverhampton.
Granted, the 34 covers the section between the estate and Bilston, however it means having to catch two buses to get to Wolverhampton.
I'm guessing the main reason why the 526 was curtailed at Bilston was due to the low passenger usage of Stowlawn residents to get to and from Wolverhampton.
However, that was probably due to the route being unreliable and going round the wrekin to get to and from Wolverhampton.

In my opinion the 34 could possibly be extended to Wolverhampton from it's current terminus via the rest of Green Lanes (there are still old bus stops along there) to Wellington Road and then follow the 39/79 route (i.e. like the 334 before it's curtailment at Bilston).
This would also help deal with the full buses on the 39/79 that can occur at peak times, due to the Wolverhampton college students.

Hi,

Nothing that I am aware of or have heard talked about but I can pass it on.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Stuharris 6360

Hi Simon

Was wondering if there are any plans for the X96.

Heard a couple of drivers talking a couple of weeks ago, they were saying that the Mercs were really struggling on it, especially in the hot weather and that some buses were being turned at Merry Hill so the Mercs could cool down some what before there next journey.

Have noticed lately that the time keeping is quite poor again.

Thanks
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

NX OD

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 20, 2013, 08:28:41 PM
Hi Simon

Was wondering if there are any plans for the X96.

Heard a couple of drivers talking a couple of weeks ago, they were saying that the Mercs were really struggling on it, especially in the hot weather and that some buses were being turned at Merry Hill so the Mercs could cool down some what before there next journey.

Have noticed lately that the time keeping is quite poor again.

Thanks

Hi,

Again, nothing I am aware of but I will ask someone to have a look.

It looked about normal last week on the weekly punctuality stats I get.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk