News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Michael Bevan on May 28, 2020, 01:27:44 PM
Had a message from a driver saying they saw 4780 on PBX3 earlier. Looks like it only did half a trip to Birmingham before being swapped. I think there's a 15ft bridge on the Birmingham Road towards Lichfield though? So don't think it would have started in Lichfield.

@Michael Bevan

Scanias are banned off the X3 because of that bridge, they will fit as they are 14 foot 8 but its too close to risk them on the X3. There was a breakdown on Clarence Road this morning so probably replaced that for the inbound trip

Tony

Quote from: John on May 28, 2020, 02:09:02 PM
@Michael Bevan

Scanias are banned off the X3 because of that bridge, they will fit as they are 14 foot 8 but its too close to risk them on the X3. There was a breakdown on Clarence Road this morning so probably replaced that for the inbound trip

It did do the full journey from Lichfield at 11:23

CL

After given the go-ahead, it seems, works to 'upgrade' the Snow Hill public realm will begin from next week

https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/news/article/632/construction_work_set_to_begin_on_snow_hill_public_realm_project?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn

As far as I'm concerned, buses are still allowed to use Colmore Row, following the completion of the works - however, as the website above does state, the right turn from Livery Street onto Colmore Row will be removed.

QuoteThe first phase will focus on improving public realm along Colmore Row and Livery Street, work will include removal of the right turn from Livery Street onto Colmore Row, meaning all traffic will turn left onto Colmore Row.

Artist impressions:
https://twitter.com/TDBbirmingham/status/1268948997043040257?s=20

This will also see the Livery Street bus stop moved to the main pedestrian entrance for Snow Hill Station and taxi ranks on Colmore Row being moved to create a new rank at the top of Livery Street.

I don't see this as much of a problem for the 7 & 52, which uses the left turn anyway, but I've got some concerns in regards to the 101. No doubt, there will be amendments to the route; it'll be interesting (to me, at least) how drastic these changes are.

Artists' impressions
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Busboy105

Quote from: CL on June 05, 2020, 06:36:55 PM
After given the go-ahead, it seems, works to 'upgrade' the Snow Hill public realm will begin from next week

https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/news/article/632/construction_work_set_to_begin_on_snow_hill_public_realm_project?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn

As far as I'm concerned, buses are still allowed to use Colmore Row, following the completion of the works - however, as the website above does state, the right turn from Livery Street onto Colmore Row will be removed.

I don't see this as much of a problem for the 7 & 52, which uses the left turn anyway, but I've got some concerns in regards to the 101. No doubt, there will be amendments to the route; it'll be interesting (to me, at least) how drastic these changes are.

Artists' impressions
The 101 could turn left onto Great Charles Street Queensway instead of continuing onto Newhall Street and terminate on Colmore Row.
Or it could remain on its current route but just turn left at Colmore Row head down onto Snow Hill to St Chads, turn round to go back up to Colmore Row to continue on its usual route.

Quote from: Busboy105 on June 05, 2020, 07:14:42 PM
The 101 could turn left onto Great Charles Street Queensway instead of continuing onto Newhall Street and terminate on Colmore Row.
Or it could remain on its current route but just turn left at Colmore Row head down onto Snow Hill to St Chads, turn round to go back up to Colmore Row to continue on its usual route.
Last time I checked the left turn onto Great Charles Street Queensway is banned.
Simalarly the right turn off Great Charles Street Queensway onto Newhall Street is also banned.

It would have to go down Lionel Street and Ludgate Hill I think to get onto Great Charles Street Queensway.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on June 05, 2020, 07:14:42 PM

As 2206 says, that turn is banned, for very good reason, as when the lights are on green for Newhall Street the green man shows for pedestrians to cross Great Charles Street, so an extremely dangerous manouvre

Busboy105

Quote from: 2206 on June 05, 2020, 07:39:31 PM
Last time I checked the left turn onto Great Charles Street Queensway is banned.
Simalarly the right turn off Great Charles Street Queensway onto Newhall Street is also banned.

It would have to go down Lionel Street and Ludgate Hill I think to get onto Great Charles Street Queensway.
Didn't know that. Thanks.

Was told that the 16:12 28 from Ward End towards Great Barr failed to operate today. And disappeared of the app.
Wander what happened to it?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on June 08, 2020, 04:57:48 PM
Was told that the 16:12 28 from Ward End towards Great Barr failed to operate today. And disappeared of the app.
Wander what happened to it?

Well you were 'told wrong' 1904 left the Fox & Goose stop at 16:15:37

Is 4777 currently out of use?
Only ask as I can't remember the last time I saw that one. But have seen 4778, 4779 and 4780 in use over the past few weeks.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on July 21, 2020, 07:37:43 PM
Is 4777 currently out of use?
Only ask as I can't remember the last time I saw that one. But have seen 4778, 4779 and 4780 in use over the past few weeks.

No. Currently at Perry Common terminus on the 7

Quote from: Tony on July 21, 2020, 07:52:40 PM
No. Currently at Perry Common terminus on the 7
Thanks for confirming that its in use. Hopefully it will make an appearance on the 94 soon then.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Squiz1971

Quote from: 2206 on July 21, 2020, 07:53:42 PM
Thanks for confirming that its in use. Hopefully it will make an appearance on the 94 soon then.
@2206 Saw 4777 yesterday by Drews Lane heading inbound on the 94 around 8:50

ellspurs

After passing Wellhead Lane on the A453 multiple times this week and seeing the building work going on, I thought that they had finally started to build the new garage. Checking via google however shows that this isn't the new garage, as that is planned for the other end of Wellhead Lane at the junction of the A4040.

Have they actually started construction on this yet? It's getting a little tight on time for the current premises to be vacated, demolished and rebuilt as athlete's accommodation.

Nxwm

Could perry Barr be having the new sprint service looking at this plan?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk