News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real 4778

Quote from: Jack on June 09, 2018, 09:58:15 AM
Even though I agree with you about the Omnicitys being special, what is grey porridge at PB? The Platinums?

To be fair, there are still ALX and Gemini Volvos at PB, so it isn't the Trident desert that comprises much of the region  ;)
Don't you start.

John

@2206 Nothing unusual about OmniLinks on the 65 or 67. The later boards out of garage get them regularly as we run out of fit for service deckers

Quote from: John on June 18, 2018, 03:51:55 PM
@2206 Nothing unusual about OmniLinks on the 65 or 67. The later boards out of garage get them regularly as we run out of fit for service deckers
Thanks for the info, didn't know that and hadn't seen a  65/7 for some time till today, and they're not on the spreadsheet either.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

Any news your allowed to share on the new site yet

John

A few non Platinums on the Suttons today. 4491 and another on the X4s and 4854 on X14s

Jack

Not really sure where to post this but guess I'll post it here:

Yesterday while I was waiting for a bus on Bull Street, 6820 turned up on the 907 but it had to wait as 6737? Was loading up already at the stop. As soon as 6820 emptied its passengers it pulled away still in service, until it got to the top of Bull Street and a load of waiting passengers was shouting for the bus to stop, a man (who was waiting for the 907) was walking out to the bus to try and tell the driver there was people waiting at the bus stop. He was too late as the lights went to green and the bus started moving. A few people tried chasing the bus but had no luck.
I'm pretty sure @Steve3229vp will agree with me that 907 can (most of the time) never get into its stop as the X51's block and the 33/51's make it hard to get behind the X51's too. I can fully agree about the 907 moving, the 952 can most of the time never get into its stop either because of the 33's and 51's.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Jack on June 24, 2018, 11:41:53 AM

Yesterday while I was waiting for a bus on Bull Street, 6820 turned up on the 907 but it had to wait as 6737? Was loading up already at the stop. As soon as 6820 emptied its passengers it pulled away still in service, until it got to the top of Bull Street and a load of waiting passengers was shouting for the bus to stop, a man (who was waiting for the 907) was walking out to the bus to try and tell the driver there was people waiting at the bus stop. He was too late as the lights went to green and the bus started moving. A few people tried chasing the bus but had no luck.
I'm pretty sure @Steve3229vp will agree with me that 907 can (most of the time) never get into its stop as the X51's block and the 33/51's make it hard to get behind the X51's too. I can fully agree about the 907 moving, the 952 can most of the time never get into its stop either because of the 33's and 51's.
I agree, I'd move the 907 with the 934-7, 997/E routes, I know the stop is busy but the current stop with the X51 is just too tight and is virtually at the lights

Jack

Quote from: Steve3229vp on June 24, 2018, 11:48:37 AM
I agree, I'd move the 907 with the 934-7, 997/E routes, I know the stop is busy but the current stop with the X51 is just too tight and is virtually at the lights
I'd move the 952 as well, can never get into the stop with the 33's and 51's. It's either move them to the Streetly/997 Stop or let the 907 and 952 share their own stop, but they will never happen as they aren't that important.

Sh4318

Quote from: Jack on June 24, 2018, 11:41:53 AM

It does feel like, in the midst of Platinum upgrades and 952 changes, that the 907 has been forgotten about
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Kevin

I'll be honest, I'm regularly having the opposite issue, X51 can't get into the stop because of the 907

The problem is simply too many vehicles having to stop, pushing all bus routes to the edge of the city centre was such a badly thought through idea
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

V89MOA

Quote from: Kevin on June 24, 2018, 01:53:34 PM
The problem is simply too many vehicles having to stop, pushing all bus routes to the edge of the city centre was such a badly thought through idea
Be careful what you say, a certain orange high viz will be calling you bitter, it was 6 years ago remember!

Personally I'd go as far as to say it was the worst ever decision made about our public transport system...

Jack

Quote from: V89MOA on June 24, 2018, 02:09:01 PM
Be careful what you say, a certain orange high viz will be calling you bitter, it was 6 years ago remember!

Personally I'd go as far as to say it was the worst ever decision made about our public transport system...
I far by agree! All of the City Centre's bus network was great until it was all destroyed/messed around with 6 years back now.

winston

Quote from: V89MOA on June 24, 2018, 02:09:01 PM

It's Birmingham City Council & TfWM that are responsible for pushing buses further out of the City Centre in favour of the Metro, know one else.

As a result, you have more routes needing to use the same stops, with bus passengers now having to walk further from the shops to get their bus, which isn't good during the winter months

V89MOA

I 100% agree with both of you, said person I was referring to told me off on here for slating the holy tfwm before! You also have a worse environment for connections now, including less time to spare when changing from one bus to another as you're walking longer, and bus shelters that might as well be Windows!

The thing is if you guys think the 907/X51 stop is bad now, you'll love it when Lower Bull St is closed off too to make way for the Eastside extension, granted I don't think it has been approved yet but we all know it will be and then it will get really interesting...

Jack

Quote from: V89MOA on June 24, 2018, 05:07:03 PM
I 100% agree with both of you, said person I was referring to told me off on here for slating the holy tfwm before! You also have a worse environment for connections now, including less time to spare when changing from one bus to another as you're walking longer, and bus shelters that might as well be Windows!

The thing is if you guys think the 907/X51 stop is bad now, you'll love it when Lower Bull St is closed off too to make way for the Eastside extension, granted I don't think it has been approved yet but we all know it will be and then it will get really interesting...
I will agree connecting from bus to another for some services (not all) can be a real annoyance. The bus shelters are awful, all you can do is lean, not sit down!

I completely forgot about the Eastside extension, hopefully it doesn't get approved after all the realignments around there meaning more roads closed off. If it does get approved then more confusion, delays and mayhem is going to be expected 😒

I can see the Lower Bull Street services shoved to a Priory Queensway, as if that interchange isn't already a joke.

P.S. I'm sure TfWM have wasted more than enough money on new bus shelters around the West Midlands that are missing walls so they can just a fit a poxy advert board up, and replacing busy bus shelters with pole stops, cough Perry Barr, Station Bridge cough.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk