News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

The idea of putting a stumpy on the 52/52A is extremely daft, school holidays maybe because it's not as busy as normal but today was a joke, I saw 764 at least 4 times each time with a standing load, one further time I saw it was with the revenue on, even then it had a couple standees.

Jack

Quote from: Dom on November 02, 2017, 04:36:29 PM
The idea of putting a stumpy on the 52/52A is extremely daft, school holidays maybe because it's not as busy as normal but today was a joke, I saw 764 at least 4 times each time with a standing load, one further time I saw it was with the revenue on, even then it had a couple standees.
It's always busy! Though it's the same when an Omnilink gets the thrown onto the 33. Don't see why they put the spare one on the 46.
Then again the 52/A just gets lumbered with Omnilinks, of which everyone in Newtown, Perry Barr moan about them being too full.
I don't get why PB have 3 three running boards on Saturdays that are Deckers. Is there not enough Omnilinks in the garage on Saturdays?

Dom

Quote from: Jack on November 02, 2017, 04:43:31 PM
It's always busy! Though it's the same when an Omnilink gets the thrown onto the 33. Don't see why they put the spare one on the 46.
Then again the 52/A just gets lumbered with Omnilinks, of which everyone in Newtown, Perry Barr moan about them being too full.
I don't get why PB have 3 three running boards on Saturdays that are Deckers. Is there not enough Omnilinks in the garage on Saturdays?

I hardly saw a full omnilink today, all quite low after the morning peak.

Jack

Quote from: Dom on November 02, 2017, 05:11:13 PM
I hardly saw a full omnilink today, all quite low after the morning peak.
It does quite down during the day but once the schools come out they are rammed!

Dom

Quote from: Jack on November 02, 2017, 05:21:45 PM
It does quite down during the day but once the schools come out they are rammed!

Even this morning, I wouldn't say rammed, busy yes but not over crowded except for 764

Tony

Quote from: Dom on November 02, 2017, 05:28:05 PM
Even this morning, I wouldn't say rammed, busy yes but not over crowded except for 764

No, the 52 copes quite easily with Omnilinks unless there are delays on the 33/51 and I have never seen the E200 completely full even in the peaks

Dom

Quote from: Tony on November 02, 2017, 05:41:09 PM
No, the 52 copes quite easily with Omnilinks unless there are delays on the 33/51 and I have never seen the E200 completely full even in the peaks

I did this morning Tony. Several times.

karl724223

Jack

Quote from: Tony on November 02, 2017, 05:41:09 PM
Have a look at the photo of 4487 on the 15th March, that's what they're like most of the time, worse!
If the 52 copes then why is there 3 Deckers on it every Saturday. Everytime I catch a Decker on it they seem to be quite full, the 52 gets the same number of people as what the 33/51 gets.

The only good thing about putting a stumpy on the 52/A is that it can get around the roundabout on Booths Farm Road, it's pretty tight in an Omnilink.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on November 02, 2017, 07:28:39 PM
Have a look at the photo of 4487 on the 15th March, that's what they're like most of the time, worse!
If the 52 copes then why is there 3 Deckers on it every Saturday. Everytime I catch a Decker on it they seem to be quite full, the 52 gets the same number of people as what the 33/51 gets.

The only good thing about putting a stumpy on the 52/A is that it can get around the roundabout on Booths Farm Road, it's pretty tight in an Omnilink.

They're not like that 'most of the time' Dom was surveying them today, I bet they never counted more than 43 on a bus. Our commercial department have the actual figures, not what someone happens to see once or twice when the 51 happens to be screwed

Jack

Quote from: Tony on November 02, 2017, 07:38:32 PM
They're not like that 'most of the time' Dom was surveying them today, I bet they never counted more than 43 on a bus. Our commercial department have the actual figures, not what someone happens to see once or twice when the 51 happens to be screwed
I've been on many buses on the 52 to see what it's like. Back when it was Deckers the whole lower deck could be full, whether the 51 was screwed or not. The reason it probably doesn't get that much now is because it's Omnilinks and people prefer Double Deckers. I've seen many people hop off and jump onto a 33/51. But they're all just as busy as each other, that's my experience. When the 52 came back 2 years ago, people said it wouldn't cope with being fully SD, that's why the Deckers came back.

Quote from: Jack on November 02, 2017, 07:42:53 PM
I've been on many buses on the 52 to see what it's like. Back when it was Deckers the whole lower deck could be full, whether the 51 was screwed or not. The reason it probably doesn't get that much now is because it's Omnilinks and people prefer Double Deckers. I've seen many people hop off and jump onto a 33/51. But they're all just as busy as each other, that's my experience. When the 52 came back 2 years ago, people said it wouldn't cope with being fully SD, that's why the Deckers came back.
People don't prefer deckers over single deckers, to passengers a bus is a bus as long as they get a seat then they don't care.
The only people I see letting empty single deckers go past for a decker are the people who think its fine to smoke on a bus as long as it's at the back of the top deck, something I've heard quite a few times, once someone lit a ciggerate at the back of a 37 and a group of other passengers told them to put it away as it was a single decker, they were saying its fine "as long as it's a double decker and at the back of the top deck"
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on November 02, 2017, 07:53:46 PM
People don't prefer deckers over single deckers, to passengers a bus is a bus as long as they get a seat then they don't care.
The only people I see letting empty single deckers go past for a decker are the people who think its fine to smoke at the back of the top deck.
I see them swapping off them all the time. When the 6/37 stopped on Carrs Lane, you would see people getting off and running for a Decker on the 2/3/5/31.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on November 02, 2017, 07:42:53 PM

When the 52 came back it was allocated 4 doubles and four singles because it was the route that didn't matter whether it was double or single. There was no particular running boards allocated the double decks. It obviously varied some days depending on the availability of different bus types. Most people that normally head from a half empty single deck to a half empty double deck are the people those remaining on the single deck are glad they did

Jack

Quote from: Tony on November 02, 2017, 08:02:34 PM
When the 52 came back it was allocated 4 doubles and four singles because it was the route that didn't matter whether it was double or single. There was no particular running boards allocated the double decks. It obviously varied some days depending on the availability of different bus types. Most people that normally head from a half empty single deck to a half empty double deck are the people those remaining on the single deck are glad they did
Most of the time it was just 2 Omnilinks of which it was fine with. Though the Omnilinks were put on the quieter boards. If PB have enough Omnilinks then I see no excuse of why they chuck Deckers on the 52 on Saturdays, unless there's more spare Deckers sitting in the garage, but Saturdays carry less. When riding 4289 last Saturday, it was carrying no more than 7 people. So I'm not sure why PB can't put Deckers on it during the week days. A stumpy would cope with this!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk