News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

John

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 26, 2017, 07:52:33 AM
4280, 4283 and 4288 are all on PB33.

B7TLs no longer noteworthy on the 33, as there has been more than one on there every day for at least the last week. There is at least 1 branded bus off the road at the minute

Jack

4279 has just done a nice big loop of the Chester Road Island with Queslett Road East. Not sure what it's doing though. It's just gone down Chester Road North heading towards New Oscott.

Quote from: Tony on May 25, 2017, 08:34:50 PM
4166; 4179; 4290; 4334 & 4523 will be getting megarears soon as well
4523 is on the 11C today, now with its megarear for a news channel.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Michael Bevan

4280 has now had it's all-over Samsung advert taken off. It looked quite a mess, with bits of the paintwork appearing to be damaged when it was on the 65 this afternoon.

Gareth

Quote from: Michael Bevan on July 05, 2017, 06:34:10 PM
4280 has now had it's all-over Samsung advert taken off. It looked quite a mess, with bits of the paintwork appearing to be damaged when it was on the 65 this afternoon.

Deliberately heavy handed in taking the ad off in order for the ad agency to pay for its repaint?  ;)

Jack

Quote from: Michael Bevan on July 05, 2017, 06:34:10 PM
4284 has aswell, doesn't look as messy as 4280. 4291 still carrying it Samsung all-over advert, on the 52/A today if anyone wants a photo.

Quote from: Jack B on July 14, 2017, 05:10:10 PM
7031 - 67
Not rare anymore @Jack B.
Omnilinks get onto the 65/67 regularly (every day at the minute), especially in the peaks.
Quote from: John on June 12, 2017, 06:02:40 PM
Not unusual @2206 as one comes off the 71S school service and now that we have less double decks, they will appear more on peak extras
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

John

Quote from: 2206 on July 14, 2017, 06:48:46 PM
Not rare anymore @Jack B.
Omnilinks get onto the 65/67 regularly (every day at the minute), especially in the peaks.

Yes there has been one on the 65 every day this week. PM Peak boards on both the 65 and 67 can regularly be an OmniLink

John

Quote from: Jack B on July 18, 2017, 10:33:20 AM
E400 - PB 46
4488 - 52/A
Quote from: Jack B on July 20, 2017, 11:51:39 AM
4777 - 46
Quote from: Jack B on July 20, 2017, 06:40:40 PM
Both 4279 and 4284 are on the 46.

@Jack B

None of these are really noteworthy. Even though they should be OmniLink operated, deckers are still common on the 46/52. The OmniCitys are used all over still, on the same routes as B7TLs

Jack

Quote from: John on July 20, 2017, 06:45:41 PM
@Jack B

None of these are really noteworthy. Even though they should be OmniLink operated, deckers are still common on the 46/52. The OmniCitys are used all over still, on the same routes as B7TLs
Thanks for updating me. However, theres 2 B7TLS (ALX400) on the 52 every Saturday. Geminis have near enough vanished. The 46 seems to be everything now. Still it makes no sense when PB want to make these routes fully single deck, when they don't have enough.

Kevin

So apparently PB have 2134 on loan
How are aby of their drivers type trained on them? Or does being trained for the Gemini suffice?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

MW

Quote from: Kevin on July 22, 2017, 02:56:52 PM
So apparently PB have 2134 on loan
How are aby of their drivers type trained on them? Or does being trained for the Gemini suffice?

No, the cabs on the Geminis and the Mark 2 B7RLE is pretty different.

Separately trained when they were at AG.

j789

Quote from: MW on July 22, 2017, 08:49:46 PM
No, the cabs on the Geminis and the Mark 2 B7RLE is pretty different.

Separately trained when they were at AG.

Without wishing to be too controversial and start an argument, I would say as a bus driver myself I do not know why some drivers feel the need to have to drive a new vehicle type before taking it out in service. I have driven many different vehicle types from Metrobuses and Olympians to StreetDecks and despite different cab layouts it should only take a 5 minute static demonstration to know where all the key buttons are. Yes there may be a few buttons that you don't know but they won't. E important and most are fairly obvious. I do not buy into the argument that says that vehicle types have different braking etc so practice is needed. If you are a professional driver you should be driving carefully so as to be able to react to all occurrences and not use jerky brakes or similar as an excuse. I have witnessed people in my own company who have refused to drive a new vehicle type because they haven't been type trained and I think that is the wrong attitude to have. No bus in current use is so different to any other to justify that (excepting electric or hybrid perhaps).

MW

Quote from: j789 on July 22, 2017, 09:38:13 PM
Without wishing to be too controversial and start an argument, I would say as a bus driver myself I do not know why some drivers feel the need to have to drive a new vehicle type before taking it out in service. I have driven many different vehicle types from Metrobuses and Olympians to StreetDecks and despite different cab layouts it should only take a 5 minute static demonstration to know where all the key buttons are. Yes there may be a few buttons that you don't know but they won't. E important and most are fairly obvious. I do not buy into the argument that says that vehicle types have different braking etc so practice is needed. If you are a professional driver you should be driving carefully so as to be able to react to all occurrences and not use jerky brakes or similar as an excuse. I have witnessed people in my own company who have refused to drive a new vehicle type because they haven't been type trained and I think that is the wrong attitude to have. No bus in current use is so different to any other to justify that (excepting electric or hybrid perhaps).

When you're type trained as a new driver, they take you for a spin around the block in all the buses. When it's a new vehicle to the garage and you're a current driver, they do the 5 minutes check to show you the controls.

The reason when you're a new driver is probably because you've just been driving clapped out relics and the service buses are vastly different in terms of controls being a lot lighter etc.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk