News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

Quote from: Steve3229vp on October 15, 2016, 07:53:31 AM
I'm disappointed that the 907 has been left out of the platinum buses, it's been my route for years and has suffered from delays especially around New Oscott, this service needs new life and not to be left out. It needs to removed from One Stop and New Oscott (Tesco) to improve reliability and give it a future with a small local service to link One Stop with New Oscott (not commercially viable is not an excuse as the only reason the 52 and 52a doubled the frequency from 3 to 6 buses an hour was so it would fit in with the 33 and 51 when it was revised last year). I have attached my idea for the 907 for you to look at (my services are 42, 906 and 907)

The only problem with this is traffic is particularly bad on chester road on Sunday, yet you plan for the 907 to serve beggars bush then

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Lukeee on October 16, 2016, 06:02:11 PM
The only problem with this is traffic is particularly bad on chester road on Sunday, yet you plan for the 907 to serve beggars bush then
I agree with you there, the problem is how to deal with this when the PVR on Sunday is 3 buses, I know I've increased it on Monday to Saturday where NXWM would possibly (I stress possibly !!!) would increase the PVR but I don't think they'll want to do that on Sundays.

Stu

Its all very well coming up with detailed proposals like this, but you really need to present them to the bus operator for any chance of making them happen.

If you really feel so strongly about this, take it up directly with NX, or pass it on to your local councillor or MP to look at.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Stu on October 16, 2016, 06:32:02 PM
Its all very well coming up with detailed proposals like this, but you really need to present them to the bus operator for any chance of making them happen.

If you really feel so strongly about this, take it up directly with NX, or pass it on to your local councillor or MP to look at.
I did, I sent it to NXWM by email, guess what ...... no reply !!1

Nxwm

Anybody know if all the platinums delivered so far will be out in service 2mrw

Lukeee

Quote from: Steve3229vp on October 16, 2016, 06:06:15 PM
I agree with you there, the problem is how to deal with this when the PVR on Sunday is 3 buses, I know I've increased it on Monday to Saturday where NXWM would possibly (I stress possibly !!!) would increase the PVR but I don't think they'll want to do that on Sundays.

The only other way around it would be to add extra running time to each journey, the problem is this would require either a 4th bus or a route for the 907 to interwork with (I'm believe it did/does interwork with the 914 on evenings/Sundays) to try make a 4th bus profitable

John

Quote from: Lukeee on October 17, 2016, 12:19:18 AM
The only other way around it would be to add extra running time to each journey, the problem is this would require either a 4th bus or a route for the 907 to interwork with (I'm believe it did/does interwork with the 914 on evenings/Sundays) to try make a 4th bus profitable

Only evenings they interwork. That is stopping when the 914 goes Platinum

Squiz1971

Quote from: Nxwm on October 16, 2016, 07:40:30 PM
Anybody know if all the platinums delivered so far will be out in service 2mrw
6798 is out saw in Erdington on a 902 to Hill Hook about 12:35 today @Nxwm

Lukeee

Quote from: John on October 17, 2016, 08:57:38 AM
Only evenings they interwork. That is stopping when the 914 goes Platinum

Cheers john any idea if the 907 will interwork with something else or just on its own?

John

Quote from: Lukeee on October 17, 2016, 10:04:40 PM
Cheers john any idea if the 907 will interwork with something else or just on its own?

There wouldn't be anything else suitable to interwork the 907 with, so I guess it would remain separate

John

re. OmniLink on the 67 in the noteworthy thread. Pretty sure this comes off the afternoon 71S so happens every day

Nxwm

Quote from: John on October 17, 2016, 10:17:17 PM
There wouldn't be anything else suitable to interwork the 907 with, so I guess it would remain separate
Correct me if am wrong but some years ago the 107 inter work with the 905 didn't it?

Tony

Quote from: Nxwm on October 19, 2016, 01:36:37 PM
Correct me if am wrong but some years ago the 107 inter work with the 905 didn't it?

It was the 904 when it terminated in Sutton

B.C Driver

Quote from: Tony on October 19, 2016, 01:58:06 PM
It was the 904 when it terminated in Sutton

I know when I worked briefly at PB the 107 would change into a 114 at Sutton and visa versa.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Solo1

4287 new advert bus on 16 see photo  link  for photo  of it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk