News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C Driver

Quote from: RW on October 14, 2016, 05:51:18 PM
Had a good look round 6799 at Gracechurch Centre today. Very impressed. Only grumble is that my Sutton to City route is the poor old 907 which is now the only non Platinum route between Sutton and Birmingham. The poor relation route. Why users of that service are being treated as second class escapes me. So I guess it's no wifi and knees pressed into seat in front for the forseeable future. Seems a bit petty by NX. What have 907 users done to upset NX? Any thoughts Tony?

The 907 was previously the 107 and was all stops from Sutton to City. Since the 907 started people now have a fast bus into the City using the flyover at Perry Barr and underpass at Six Ways Aston.
Just cus it is City to Sutton like the 904 doesnt mean it has to be Platinum too. There are people in Aston who have to catch 2 buses to go to Sutton now as they would have previously caught the 107 so its not just you who's hard done by.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Stu

The thing is that you can't please everybody at once. Everyone would love their local route to get new buses, but if some people had their way, NX would be buying 1500 new buses every year, which isn't going to happen.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on October 14, 2016, 08:07:01 PM
The thing is that you can't please everybody at once. Everyone would love their local route to get new buses, but if some people had their way, NX would be buying 1500 new buses every year, which isn't going to happen.

Not me. I'm quite satisfied with the Geminis down this way. These B7TL ALX400s are quite interesting too.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: RW on October 14, 2016, 05:51:18 PM
Had a good look round 6799 at Gracechurch Centre today. Very impressed. Only grumble is that my Sutton to City route is the poor old 907 which is now the only non Platinum route between Sutton and Birmingham. The poor relation route. Why users of that service are being treated as second class escapes me. So I guess it's no wifi and knees pressed into seat in front for the forseeable future. Seems a bit petty by NX. What have 907 users done to upset NX? Any thoughts Tony?
I'm disappointed that the 907 has been left out of the platinum buses, it's been my route for years and has suffered from delays especially around New Oscott, this service needs new life and not to be left out. It needs to removed from One Stop and New Oscott (Tesco) to improve reliability and give it a future with a small local service to link One Stop with New Oscott (not commercially viable is not an excuse as the only reason the 52 and 52a doubled the frequency from 3 to 6 buses an hour was so it would fit in with the 33 and 51 when it was revised last year). I have attached my idea for the 907 for you to look at (my services are 42, 906 and 907)

Dom

Quote from: Steve3229vp on October 15, 2016, 07:53:31 AM
I'm disappointed that the 907 has been left out of the platinum buses, it's been my route for years and has suffered from delays especially around New Oscott, this service needs new life and not to be left out. It needs to removed from One Stop and New Oscott (Tesco) to improve reliability and give it a future with a small local service to link One Stop with New Oscott (not commercially viable is not an excuse as the only reason the 52 and 52a doubled the frequency from 3 to 6 buses an hour was so it would fit in with the 33 and 51 when it was revised last year). I have attached my idea for the 907 for you to look at (my services are 42, 906 and 907)

I'm sure you attatched the same document less than a year ago.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Dom on October 15, 2016, 07:54:43 AM
I'm sure you attatched the same document less than a year ago.
I did

The Real 4778

This 907 debate is a load of cobblers.  As a kid I lived just off Chester Road by Monmouth Drive, and we had the 113 (or 377), then the 107 at the Bush, and by the College the 42, as my daily options to get to school across town.  We moved back a year ago, and my son has to do an equivalent journey, with the only option being the 907.  He doesn't care if it's Platinum, connecting bars B7, Miller Street Fleetline or a red D9, he just needs it to run.
Don't you start.

Dylanbusboy45

Any new Platinums on the 904/5/914 today ?

markcf83

From what I read of their Twitter feed it will be a phased introduction onto the rest of the Sutton corridor. Suspect by the end of the month there will be more of them in service.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Tony

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on October 16, 2016, 09:25:00 AM
Any new Platinums on the 904/5/914 today ?

6798 & 6800 out so far with two boards not showing yet

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Tony on October 16, 2016, 10:36:01 AM
6798 & 6800 out so far with two boards not showing yet

Ok many thanks @Tony

B.C Driver

I must say PB have wasted no time on getting the Platinums out on the road.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on October 16, 2016, 11:34:24 AM
I must say PB have wasted no time on getting the Platinums out on the road.

Whilst pensnett are forever waiting

Gareth

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 16, 2016, 12:12:44 PM
Whilst pensnett are forever waiting

There's a big difference here. Mainly being Perry Barr have Platinums, Pensnett don't!

Squiz1971

Quote from: Gareth on October 16, 2016, 12:19:16 PM
There's a big difference here. Mainly being Perry Barr have Platinums, Pensnett don't!
Plus PN are waiting for BC to get their new Platinum's so the YX15 plate Platinum's can transfer over to PN

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk