News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

This is a random question but does the 38 operate on one of the highest profit margin in terms of route @ PB. In terms of low cost due to low PVR vs number carried always wondered as always seem to get allocated the better vehicles in the PB fleet vs some other routes.

Rob H

4919 payed a visit to Sheldon and Cranes Park this morning.

Pic - https://www.flickr.com/photos/114083385@N05/15648557467/

Vid -
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Solo1

What happen to the bendibuses yesterday as my friend didn't c any

The Fox 4846

Shouldn't the 16 have new buses?

I mean it has a bit of competition!
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

The Fox 4846

Which routes at PB should have new buses?

monkeyjoe

94 but will probably get Sutton line cast offs

Tony

The LED adverts that seem to adorn the 33 route every December are back

Stu

Saw the same O2 advert (with LED lights) on a bus in London last weekend.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

CL

E400 MMC at Perry Barr today. Strange how it went to Wolves first, instead of PB. Which would make more sense as it is closer to Miller Street. What next? Coventry, then Walsall? ::)

Phot Evidence (Not my Photo):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/126627257@N02/15758864860/in/photostream/

EDIT: My bad. Seems like it paid* a visit to Pensnett before PB.  :P

*wrong spelling
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

The Fox 4846

I think routes 7,16 should get new enviro 400's.
And some citaro's for PB.

danny

You'll be waiting a long time for citaros with NX and ADLs exclusive contract.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

The Fox 4846

Here are some changes I've thought of for PB:

66A - 111     907 - 977    38 - Withdrawn  952 - Withdrawn   94 PB - BC   

115 - change, now runs along Aston Expressway instead of Lichfield road.
Combined with 914 to make it every 15 mins between:
Sutton Coldfield, Falcon Lodge and Walmley.

46 & 654 - joined together as 1 route numbered 46
46 from Birmingham, Heathfield road then Brichfield road (towards Birmingham)then upto Aston six ways where it goes down Victoria road and carries on the old 654 route and the same in the opposite direction too.

New Routes:

44 - same as 111 from Erdington to Court lane then Chester road then Kings road (to Kingstanding circle), then Kingstanding road then Bakers lane, then Aldridge road, Hundered Acre road, then Bridle lane, Blackwood road, then Foley road West, Foley road East, then Thornhill road, Streetly lane, then Belwell lane, Lichfield road, then to Sutton Coldfield town centre.

978 - same as 977 from Birmingham to New Oscott then Chester road north, then Chester road to Streetly Hardwick Arms then Chester road back to Birmingham.

979 - same as 977 from Birmingham to New Oscott then down Kings road, Quesslett road, Old Horns crescent, then Aldridge road, Quesslett road then back to Birmingham.

992 - same as 934 from Birmingham to Kingstanding Circle then Kingstanding road, Cooksey lane, then Wandsworth road, Bandywood road, then Lambeth road, Romey way, then Bonnington way, Wimperis way, then Beacon road, Collingwood drive, then Hillingford Avenue, Beacon road, then Quesslett road, Old Horns crescent, then Aldridge road, Beacon road, then back to Birmingham.

994 - same as 934 from Birmingham to Perry Barr (BCU), then the same as 33 from Perry Barr (BCU) to Cooksey lane then Wandsworth road, Bandywood road, then Lambeth road, Quesslett road, then Birmingham road, then a 360 around M6 J7 Island, then back to Birmingham.

Extensions:

33 - from Collingwood drive, Hillingford avenue, Beacon road, Quesslett road, Old Horns crescent, Aldridge road, Beacon road and back to Birmingham.

66 - from Kingstanding Circle, Kings road, Collingwood drive, Collingwood drive lay-by.

monkeyjoe

With no real logic behind any of them, why change all those 93xx series routes when they have received loads of investment and seen growth.

P419 EJW

The Fox 4846, just wow. I'm glad you're not the one who does the route changes. Keep on fantasising. :)

P419 EJW

Quote from: Tony on December 03, 2014, 08:05:53 PM
The LED adverts that seem to adorn the 33 route every December are back

Awesome. Will the 33 have the LED adverts displaying "Merry Christmas" like last year? I haven't been down to Birmingham for a while.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk