News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nxwm

I see the 757 is not being withdrawn then

Dom

Quote from: Nxwm on October 06, 2016, 06:16:32 PM
I see the 757 is not being withdrawn then

A) wrong garage
B) Why would it be?

John

Dom

Stu

Quote from: John on October 06, 2016, 07:22:21 PM
We do run the 757, It is not very well used, but it is being given one last chance until new year

http://www.suttoncoldfieldobserver.co.uk/u-turn-on-decision-to-scrap-school-bus-route-linking-erdington-with-streetly-academy-and-arthur-terry-schools-in-sutton-coldfield/story-29784232-detail/story.html

It's interesting to see the comparison: NX claim the service has 'poor loadings', while someone claims that 'around 50 children from both schools' regularly use the service so in their eyes it is "well used". So that averages to 25 children per school, and don't forget that children only pay half fare. I would imagine that the service is operated commercially too, hence why NX wants to make the journey earlier, presumably so they can fit into another schedule to make it more cost-effective.

I also love the following quote: "Questions are being asked about this. This has triggered and highlighted an issue that bus companies can do what it wants and hopefully some good will come out of this." And again, if its a commercially operated bus route, then I'm afraid the bus operator can do what it wants, and if the service is not commercially viable they are entitled to drop it, or adjust it to a schedule where they feel they can keep it viable. Use it or lose it, I'm afraid.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

karl724223

Quote from: Stu on October 06, 2016, 08:13:13 PM
It's interesting to see the comparison: NX claim the service has 'poor loadings', while someone claims that 'around 50 children from both schools' regularly use the service so in their eyes it is "well used". So that averages to 25 children per school, and don't forget that children only pay half fare. I would imagine that the service is operated commercially too, hence why NX wants to make the journey earlier, presumably so they can fit into another schedule to make it more cost-effective.

I also love the following quote: "Questions are being asked about this. This has triggered and highlighted an issue that bus companies can do what it wants and hopefully some good will come out of this." And again, if its a commercially operated bus route, then I'm afraid the bus operator can do what it wants, and if the service is not commercially viable they are entitled to drop it, or adjust it to a schedule where they feel they can keep it viable. Use it or lose it, I'm afraid.
i agree use it or loose it  no good moaning after

the trainbasher

This explains why the 904 is going from Castle Vale on one trip (from NXWM site)

School service 71A - This school days service is withdrawn and replaced by a service 904 journey starting at Castle Vale at 0725

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

Service 46A - This school days service is withdrawn and replaced by an additional 997 journey

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

4800 is on the 914 today.
A ticket branded 484*/485* E400 is on the 902/904/905 today.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Nxwm

Have the platinums gone into service yet?

winston

Quote from: Nxwm on October 08, 2016, 11:20:27 PM
Have the platinums gone into service yet?

If they had, don't you think someone would have already posted ???

Nxwm

Quote from: Winston on October 08, 2016, 11:33:44 PM
If they had, don't you think someone would have already posted ???

True say @Winston  still member know lol!

Solo1

The new buses on 902/4/5  I've heard will  start 24 oct

John

Quote from: Solo1 on October 10, 2016, 02:02:00 PM

I've heard earlier

Adam 404

Quote from: Adam 404 on October 04, 2016, 05:03:56 PM
I'm thinking 23rd October to coincide with the timetable changes "Morning peak changes" and new 07:25 journey from Castle Vale on 904 service.

Information for NWM Email: PDF link: https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/ways-to-travel/bus/upcoming-bus-changes/  - Not on Website at the moment...

Quote from: Dom on October 04, 2016, 05:10:32 PM
19 days for around 22 more buses to arrive, be  checked, branded. Really? Yes some may be in service by then but not all, and they wouldn't focus it around a route change anyway.

Quote from: Solo1 on October 10, 2016, 02:02:00 PM

Looks like my wonderful prediction skills were right  ;D - No, I don't have next weeks lottery numbers...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk