News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

4799 on the Suttons today

4687 and 4688 are on the 67 today.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Nxwm

How come the bus stop on moor street at the bus gateway has the got the 7 9 9S 22/3/4 on the bus stop flag are the routes changing how they enter city and leave city? Not sure what bus stop number IT is as I didn't get to see it! Sorry in advance of this posted in the wrong group

CL

Quote from: Nxwm on August 23, 2016, 10:29:48 PM
How come the bus stop on moor street at the bus gateway has the got the 7 9 9S 22/3/4 on the bus stop flag are the routes changing how they enter city and leave city? Not sure what bus stop number IT is as I didn't get to see it! Sorry in advance of this posted in the wrong group
On an electronic totem, or a physical flag?

Have yet to see it, as IIRC, it was mentioned before. I surmise it may be an error as I don't understand how the 7 would ever make it down to Moor Street.. There has been errors on the totem stops before; such as stop NS13 on Station Street (when new) had displayed the 87.

On the other hand, some have speculated (and it rather does make sense), that the 22/3/4 would mirror its route into city (turning right at the end of Broad Street when going towards City Centre) - instead of doing a "loop", like it does so now.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Quote from: clayderman on August 23, 2016, 10:59:06 PM
On an electronic totem, or a physical flag?

Have yet to see it, as IIRC, it was mentioned before. I surmise it may be an error as I don't understand how the 7 would ever make it down to Moor Street.. There has been errors on the totem stops before; such as stop NS13 on Station Street (when new) had displayed the 87.

On the other hand, some have speculated (and it rather does make sense), that the 22/3/4 would mirror its route into city (turning right at the end of Broad Street when going towards City Centre) - instead of doing a "loop", like it does so now.
Electronic totem at MS10.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Crimson Gemini on the 07:30 67 ex city
The journey I normally catch to work, had my X51 not been late....
Son of a.... Having no luck with these at all
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Squiz1971

Quote from: Kevin on August 24, 2016, 07:36:24 AM
Crimson Gemini on the 07:30 67 ex city
The journey I normally catch to work, had my X51 not been late....
Son of a.... Having no luck with these at all
4688 that is/was as I saw it on Chester Road by the Bagot Pub heading to the Vale about 7:50 this morning while I was on a 28 to Erdington @Kevin

CL

Let me start off by saying "Don't shoot me down, but.."

Genuine question. Is the whereabouts of 4687/4688 still of paramount interest to some? I would've thought the commonplace for them is the 67, by now - judging by the number of reported sightings. Not that I'm complaining, but the pair have been mentioned at least once on the every page since the start of their service. [Page 182] On the one hand, I guess it's nice to know their whereabouts; on the other, consistent posting about them could be starting to fill the PB thread with monotony..

*Waits for 4690 4689 to begin PB service.*  ;D
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: clayderman on August 24, 2016, 07:58:35 PM

Genuine question. Is the whereabouts of 4687/4688 still of paramount interest to some? I would've thought the commonplace for them is the 67, by now - judging by the number of reported sightings. Not that I'm complaining, but the pair have been mentioned at least once on the every page since the start of their service. [Page 182] On the one hand, I guess it's nice to know their whereabouts; on the other, consistent posting about them could be starting to fill the PB thread with monotony..

*Waits for 4690 to begin PB service.*  ;D

4689 will beat 4690 to PB

Stu

Quote from: clayderman on August 24, 2016, 07:58:35 PM

*Waits for 4690 4689 to begin PB service.*  ;D

I'm equally mystified by the surge in interest in these two particular buses. Is there anything particularly special about the Geminis that were at Coventry? A Gemini is a Gemini, doesn't matter what paint job it has really, in my opinion.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on August 24, 2016, 08:15:59 PM
I'm equally mystified by the surge in interest in these two particular buses. Is there anything particularly special about the Geminis that were at Coventry? A Gemini is a Gemini, doesn't matter what paint job it has really, in my opinion.

They are unique in having Voith gearboxes

Stu

Quote from: Tony on August 24, 2016, 08:18:05 PM
They are unique in having Voith gearboxes

I hope this is not going to start another debate about which automatic gearbox is better!  ???

The average passenger won't notice any difference to be honest, as the buses will look the same regardless of what gearbox they use!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on August 24, 2016, 08:32:04 PM
I hope this is not going to start another debate about which automatic gearbox is better!  ???

The average passenger won't notice any difference to be honest, as the buses will look the same regardless of what gearbox they use!

Surely a gearbox is a gearbox who ever makes it!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Kevin

Because the sound is different and we're all just bus wankers

There. I've said it
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tiptonian

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 24, 2016, 08:34:01 PM
Surely a gearbox is a gearbox who ever makes it!

To a bus enthusiast, surely not.

A significant amount of the character and sound of a bus originates from the gearbox. The Voith tends to have a high pitched howl at all times which follows the engine speed; the ZF whine depends on which gear is selected. The Voith in the Streetdeck gives it a long-legged lazy character, whereas the ZF in E400s tends to higher revs and more frequent gear changes, making it sound fussy.  This is just to mention todays most popular options. When you consider older gearboxes of automatic, semi-automatic and manual types, e.g. various Allisons, Daimatic, SCG, Bristol, AEC, Leyland, Guy etc., the influence of the gearbox is fully realized. For those of you who have not experienced older buses, take a look and listen at a few YouTube videos of old and preserved buses, and all will be clear.

Bus enthusiasm has many aspects. The sound, ride quality and character or "feel" of a bus is my thing. My anorak credentials are now firmly nailed to the wall. Happy hunting!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk