News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Sandy Lane on May 14, 2023, 08:36:28 PMHow about a new service from the hospital to the rail station via full length of CBR, Binley Rd, Sky Blue Way, Gosford St, via Severn Trent building/Council House, New Union St, Warwick Rd and rail station? Needs to be 30 min Freq. Why not take vehicles off the very frequent 13 service?

Maybe that would take vehicles off a service people use and put them on a service that people probably wouldn't use.
I expect it probably is very frequent for a reason.

Also you can always change at Pool Meadow for the 11 service anyway for the railway station.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Sandy Lane on May 14, 2023, 08:36:28 PMInteresting situation for those living nr Clifford Bridge Rd 'CBR'. The X30 is the last of a few direct services that called at the rail station - if this goes I guess the locals will go on the war path with TfWM. Another reason for going along CBR was to get local people to Ansty business park as it is nearby and walking is awkward if not dangerous.

Wonder if Diamond would give it another go? One for Simon to consider?  Noted that NXC struggled with the timings that Diamond ran to so NXC
reduced the timetable.

I think the CBR locals may have asked for the 85 to run through to the rail station and city centre shops again like it used to with DeCourcey?  NXC terminate the 85 today at the far end of Pool Meadow - so not that close to the shops and again timetable hacked back to hourly.

I bet the CBR locals will want to continue to have a direct service to the rail station. One for TFWM to sort PDQ before Coventry declares war on to geographically remote TfWM. How about a new service from the hospital to the rail station via full length of CBR, Binley Rd, Sky Blue Way, Gosford St, via Severn Trent building/Council House, New Union St, Warwick Rd and rail station? Needs to be 30 min Freq. Why not take vehicles off the very frequent 13 service?

What makes you think another operator would have a go at the X30 commercially when it was a tendered service finishing at the end of the tender?

NXC didn't reduce the timetable, then ran to the times of the tender, similarly NXC haven't 'hacked' the 85, they are running to the times in the tender award

Sandy Lane

Just reflecting the way the locals seem to see the situ as the bus has the NXC logo on it. 

Coventrybususer95

I see people are complaining about the reliability of the 2 again and the many late/ missed trips many emails to the company/ tfwm and mps yet nothing seems to be resolved 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Tony

Quote from: Sandy Lane on May 14, 2023, 09:06:20 PMJust reflecting the way the locals seem to see the situ as the bus has the NXC logo on it.
More like expressing your own opinion, nothing wrong with that at all, but at least get facts correct. Similarly you state NXC terminate the 85 at the far end of Pool Meadow. No NXC don't 

Coventrybususer95

If Coventry get promoted to the premier league is there a possibility of the company naming a bus after the manager?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Mike K

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on May 27, 2023, 08:42:35 AMIf Coventry get promoted to the premier league is there a possibility of the company naming a bus after the manager?
Well maybe they could name one after Luton manager and former Villa and Wolves player Rob Edwards instead...

Mayfield

UID BX54??? Gemini heading down the A14 to wards A1/M11 this afternoon 

Danthebusman

Quote from: Mayfield on June 01, 2023, 06:49:58 PMUID BX54??? Gemini heading down the A14 to wards A1/M11 this afternoon
potentially 4671

Tony

Stu

Quote from: JPC on May 06, 2023, 10:32:48 AMThe current 4 year contract for the X30 service is coming to it's natural end next month and Bustimes confirms NXC intend their last day of operation on Friday 2 June, as yet I haven't seen any word of continuation with another provider/service.
It would appear that NXC will continue to operate the X30, a new registration was received yesterday:
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/610810/

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

Do you think they may be putting a route change in as Clifford Bridge Road is going to be subject to a lot of roadworks soon when they start to construct the bypass of that roundabout?

Tony

E120 hs entered service today, but not tracking on Bustimes

Danthebusman

I have noticed recently that the 9:24, 12:06 and 14:54 17/As to the hospital have a bus swap to do the 10:24, 13:09 and 15:54 to fenside respectively. is there any particular reason for this?

Tony

Quote from: Danthebusman on June 07, 2023, 01:20:32 PMI have noticed recently that the 9:24, 12:06 and 14:54 17/As to the hospital have a bus swap to do the 10:24, 13:09 and 15:54 to fenside respectively. is there any particular reason for this?
Not sure what you are referring to, so cannot answer.

2154 has operated the 09:24 today and is doing exatly as scheduled (07:24; 09:24 & 11:24)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk