News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VIP

Started by danny, April 30, 2012, 01:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny

Has anybody else noticed VIP operating on the 101, also has the route been diverted to serve the bullring as I'm sure I spotted a dart their recently.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Tomjusttom

Ex AMPM T51KLD was allocated Friday to it and yes it serves the bull ring

D10

Quote from: danny on April 30, 2012, 01:41:35 AM
Has anybody else noticed VIP operating on the 101, also has the route been diverted to serve the bullring as I'm sure I spotted a dart their recently.

They run about once an hour during the day on the 101 now.

Nathan4775

Do NXWM 101 serve the markets now or is it just V.I.P
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

D10

Quote from: NathanJC on May 05, 2012, 11:00:19 AM
Do NXWM 101 serve the markets now or is it just V.I.P

No, NXWM just serve the area around Colmore Row now.

danny

They probably should tbf 101 is useless now as I did serve the entire city centre at one point.

Tony

Quote from: danny on May 05, 2012, 07:47:38 PM
They probably should tbf 101 is useless now as I did serve the entire city centre at one point.

101 is hardly 'useless' and can someone tell me what the point of starting a new service down Coproration Street is now, when Corporation Street is being closed altogether in 3 months?

danny

Well personally I think when it gets into brum it is useless, and that's my opinion, it is also my opinion that colmore row isn't a sutible terminus for most route, we have a world class shopping and leisure facility in the shape of the bullring and I feel quit strongly that when constructed a proper bus station should have been built to acomodate most routes, it worked back in the day, for those who live on that side of town, elderly, disabled ect the treck from snow hill can appear daunting,

However this only an opinion

Tony

Yeh, let's build a bus station in Birmingham capable of taking all of Birmingham's routes. Just think about what you are asking for and how much land it would take. No large city has one for one simple reason, just to buy the land would probably run into billions of pounds before you had even built the roads to feed it and caused chaos with hundreds of buses trying to enter and leave every hour.

danny

Ok, you make a fair point a bus station is probably not an ideal solution, but maybe a revision of services so that people are dropped closer to the main locations in town, I work with the elderly and they all have a similar view, I mean what will happen when corporation street is closed to buses because I don't think colemore row will deal very well with more services nor will it be benificial

MW

Quote from: danny on May 05, 2012, 09:08:22 PM
Ok, you make a fair point a bus station is probably not an ideal solution, but maybe a revision of services so that people are dropped closer to the main locations in town, I work with the elderly and they all have a similar view, I mean what will happen when corporation street is closed to buses because I don't think colemore row will deal very well with more services nor will it be benificial

Yes well there was a Stationlink service which ran all the way around the Birmingham City Centre. I cannot remember if it was free or not, but it wasn't used and was scrapped in the end with the Solos sold to Rotala (MX06 ones).

MW

Quote from: Michael on May 05, 2012, 09:13:32 PM
Quote from: danny on May 05, 2012, 09:08:22 PM

Yes well there was a Stationlink service which ran all the way around the Birmingham City Centre. I cannot remember if it was free or not, but it wasn't used and was scrapped in the end with the Solos sold to Rotala (MX06 ones).

Not sold to Rotala, Rotala took over Zaks who ran the service under contract (according to wiki)

Isn't the 101 getting re-routed in August anyway?  :)

Quote from: danny on May 05, 2012, 07:47:38 PM

danny

It was a free service handy for getting from snow hill to the coach station

D10

Quote from: 4504 on May 05, 2012, 09:16:38 PM
Isn't the 101 getting re-routed in August anyway?  :)

It will stay the same route but lose the stop in Colmore Row! The new main stop will be at the top of Livery Street and a new stop will be introduced too in Newhall Street supposedly near to the Colmore Row junction.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk