News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Swift Card on NXWM buses

Started by Trident 4609, July 14, 2013, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 12, 2013, 05:28:38 PM
So is it to eliminate travel cards? In the end?

The aim it to eliminate paper travelcards and most cash.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on December 12, 2013, 05:30:19 PM

What's NX's cut of money as these are 'any bus' - are they not
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

vinh1000

Yah I got sent one I kept it in the travelcard holder NX use lol :-)

Stu

I don't suppose anyone has any idea when NXWM will introduce their monthly tickets onto SWIFT?

(As a current direct debit ticket holder, I imagine I'd get sent a letter at some point anyway?)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

vinh1000

Quote from: Stu on December 12, 2013, 06:00:56 PM
I don't suppose anyone has any idea when NXWM will introduce their monthly tickets onto SWIFT?

(As a current direct debit ticket holder, I imagine I'd get sent a letter at some point anyway?)
NX Coventry had a smartcard trial if I remember with anyone on the DD scheme

Notice that the Wayfarer shows what product is on the card and at the bottom has two boxes saying Cash or DD (presuming meaning which type of card it is)

Tony

Quote from: Stu on December 12, 2013, 06:00:56 PM

Several are already so I wouldn't imagine it will be too long

Stuharris 6360

Interesting Tony you say "most cash", how long will it be before most cash becomes all cash similar to the proposals in London?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Eliminating cash would be a massive advantage to everyone apart from the passengers!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Kevin

Quote from: 4006 on December 13, 2013, 01:15:51 AM
Eliminating cash would be a massive advantage to everyone apart from the passengers!

Correction... It would be a massive advantage to everyone apart from occasional passengers and tourists
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on December 13, 2013, 12:22:51 PM

Correction... It would be a massive advantage to everyone apart from occasional passengers and tourists

No,  those are the ones who it will be a big advantage to. Being caught out by the exact fare system will end because you will be able to wave your debit card over the same as London by then.

vinh1000

Quote from: Tony on December 13, 2013, 02:29:53 PM

No,  those are the ones who it will be a big advantage to. Being caught out by the exact fare system will end because you will be able to wave your debit card over the same as London by then.

I saw today whilst speaking to a inspector a red branded swift card which says National Express West Midlands on with swift on top left
Also he had black country swift didn't work on 101 so that's all good and a regional nBus swift which comes up on Wayfarer as nBus Regional Adult like the concession passes come up as Centro Pen Zero

Stuharris 6360

What if you don't have a debit card!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 13, 2013, 04:27:34 PM

What if you don't have a debit card!

You get a PAYG swift card!

It will be a few years off yet. Times change. When I started work for WMPTE every member of staff was paid in cash, for many years now nobody has. Bus companies won't just one day say no cash! London stopped Central London drivers accepting cash years ago, and there are a lot more tourists/casual users in London than Birmingham.

CL

Is it just me, or who else would like a ticketing mobile app for the smartcard? - Typically, like Arriva's M-Ticketing system, however it shows your balance, lets you top-up via PAYG and withdraws money after boarding a bus. It seems like a handful, but I'd like it. Also, this could be a lifesaver if you were to lose it...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk