News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

69 Service (Kings Heath)

Started by jnl1984, March 26, 2012, 11:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnl1984

I read from the link that current route 649 is to be cancelled and route 69 introduced and operated by Johnsons...

Does anyone have any further information on this i.e. route, frequencies etc?

Thanks.

MW

Quote from: jnl1984 on March 26, 2012, 11:43:59 AM
I read from the link that current route 649 is to be cancelled and route 69 introduced and operated by Johnsons...

Does anyone have any further information on this i.e. route, frequencies etc?

Thanks.

Looks like the dead 69 is about to make a comeback, in a shortened form. It was killed ever since it was axed from entering Solihull I believe, and then nobody used it and they finally killed it.

ilovetea4370

The old original 69 via Yardley Wood was a fantastic route, Shame they ever got rid of it :(

Stu

Yeah, unless you didn't know any better! I was in Solihull the once with my brother, up from London, and we wanted to get to Moseley to meet some friends! I foolishly suggested we get the 69 from Solihull to Kings Heath, and then take a short trip on the 50 to Moseley. Little did I know that it would take us 40 minutes to get to Kings Heath lol  :o
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ilovetea4370

lol yeah it was nice and long =] Was a nice ride in the summer though with the windows open, the sun glaring and a fast driver! :P

Justin Tyme

I think the 69 is going to be a combination of the 649 and 669.

settlerman

69 Nice route to drive, 4 hours round trip, never got bored.

sonic84

I remember when the 69 used to run from Weoley Castle - Heartlands Hospital and we also got the 69B variant running to Weoley Castle - Wythall.

I might be wrong, but I believe in the first south Birmingham review, the original plan was to run the 69 to the QE Hospital, and service 76 would run to Pool Farm, but it was decided to swap the terminus at the last minute.

MW

Yeah, it's weird how things have moved on!

69 Weoley Castle - Heartlands Hospital

Then shortened to solihull and the 169 was born (Solihull to Heartlands)

Then the 73 and extended to Birmingham with the 69 dead and forgotten.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk