News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Tunnels

Started by williamposh, July 12, 2013, 04:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Well yes but if you knew the truth you wouldn't be so mellow about it! It is terrible.

They don't tell you this at Walsall. Or on your assessments etc.

DO NOT APPLY FOR DRIVING VACANCIES AT NXWM. /Simple.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Nathan4775

Quote from: The Retiring Rat on July 12, 2013, 08:15:40 PM
Well yes but if you knew the truth you wouldn't be so mellow about it! It is terrible.

When I'm able to drive im going to apply to work at NXWM. I have freinds that work at PB and AG an dpn't seem to have many problems.
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

vinh1000

Quote from: NathanJC on July 12, 2013, 09:12:09 PM

When I'm able to drive im going to apply to work at NXWM. I have freinds that work at PB and AG an dpn't seem to have many problems.
I know a few PB and AG but some inspectors complained about one of my friends wrongly which senior management seen and obv saw wrongly judged
Notice a lot of EX-NXWM drivers apply for Diamond and VIP for example
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Nathan4775

Quote from: vinh1000 on July 12, 2013, 09:28:15 PM

I know a few PB and AG but some inspectors complained about one of my friends wrongly which senior management seen and obv saw wrongly judged

To me NXWM is a good company alongside Diamond.

Is there a reason NXWM are Laying off a substantial amount of Drivers ?
My Flickr;

Andrew1991

Quote from: NathanJC on July 12, 2013, 09:31:14 PM

Pay scale most probably, like a lot of companies new staff members don't get paid as much as experienced staff

Nathan4775

Quote from: Andrew on July 12, 2013, 09:38:02 PM

Pay scale most probably, like a lot of companies new staff members don't get paid as much as experienced staff

But wouldn't it be benifical to NXWM to have Experienced staff to train the new staff in a way ?
My Flickr;

PM

Are they laying off lots of drivers? There was a thing recently about their new recruitment drive-they need/will need lots of new drivers in the future so I doubt that they are laying off lots of drivers??

Mike K

I don't work in the industry and neither will I ever, so I can only go by what you read but NXWM do sound like they have a culture where drivers lose their job for the smallest indiscretion. I really don't envy anybody that does that job. The early starts, late finishes, weekend working, split shifts, other road users, the crap they have to put up with from some of the general public. Then to top it all off you can get fired for any number of reasons. I take my hat off to those who do it but I'd be inclined to listen to someone who actually does the job if they say steer clear of it.

The Real 4778

Can that fascinating essay on industrial relations have its own thread, please.

Back to the tunnel closures that are going to cripple the city centre for workers in it and those travelling further afield.  I fully expect that by 0715 on Day One the tailbacks on the Expressway will have brought the M6 to a standstill in both directions.

The Toll Road should be brought under HA control and made free during this period, for starters, to give the north-east side a fighting chance of keeping moving.
Don't you start.

The Real 4778

Quote from: uniquicity on July 12, 2013, 11:41:13 PM
This tunnels thing is great. Got a 2 month bus pass for 80 quid and it doesn't affect me as I don't commute into the city.

I'm delighted for you, however that is like kicking sand in the face of those of us whose mortgages and education depend on a cross-city commute, twice a day, five days a week.
Don't you start.

The Real 4778

Example.  Great Charles Street will effectively come to a standstill.  Paradise Circus and the new multi-phase traffic light controlled junction by St Chads will be constantly full of traffic off the A38.  This affects the West Brom services, Hagley Road, 101, 7 - in fact everything that has to cross that route on the flat, or join it for any distance.
Don't you start.

Kevin

My view is, yes it will cause traffic chaos, especially on Bath Row and Holloway Circus. But, when else could they do it? Schools are on holiday so less traffic in general, better than taking half a year to do it with only night closures

Quote from: The Real 4778 on July 12, 2013, 10:38:17 PM
Can that fascinating essay on industrial relations have its own thread, please.

Back to the tunnel closures that are going to cripple the city centre for workers in it and those travelling further afield.  I fully expect that by 0715 on Day One the tailbacks on the Expressway will have brought the M6 to a standstill in both directions.

The Toll Road should be brought under HA control and made free during this period, for starters, to give the north-east side a fighting chance of keeping moving.

Personally quite enjoying the prospect of the M6 being clogged up, will give car drivers another chance to moan
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dylan4579

School's aren't on holiday

nitromatt1

Quote from: dgss1 on July 13, 2013, 08:10:14 AM
School's aren't on holiday

They will be by the time the tunnels close

Mike K

School holidays are from 24 July to 3 Sept so there are only 2 weekdays of tunnel closures where schools are still open.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk