News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

YW and AG open day

Started by fleetline6477, July 11, 2013, 07:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetline6477

I understand that YW and AG are planning a joint open day on Saturday 5th October. Can anybody confirm this or add any details?

Westy

Whats the chance of Walsall having one?

Last time they had one, they had just opened their new bodyshop(which is now owned by someone else!).

nitromatt1

Wish there'd be one at Pensnett, Wolverhampton or Walsall :(

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: nitromatt1 on July 12, 2013, 01:55:57 PM
Wish there'd be one at Pensnett, Wolverhampton or Walsall :(

Exactly Matt, why can't PN, WN or WA have an open day. They could charge a little entrance fee and give the money to charity. Then we get to see a depot and a charity benefits!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

We WN is massive and if anyone gets the chance to go there then you will love it ! ;)

Tony

Quote from: Westy on July 12, 2013, 05:35:35 AM

Last time they had one, they had just opened their new bodyshop(which is now owned by someone else!).

Not quite true, the garage was open on the last day of Metrobuses

Westy

Quote from: Tony on July 12, 2013, 06:43:00 PM
Quote from: Westy on July 12, 2013, 05:35:35 AM

Not quite true, the garage was open on the last day of Metrobuses

Well I only heard about the last runnings, nothing about an open day.

(Not that it wouldve made a difference to me, as I was ill that weekend anyway!)

By the way, Aston Manor has an Open Day this Sunday I noticed on Facebook!

monkeyjoe

People love to moan don't they, including myself lol.

D10

Quote from: fleetline6477 on July 11, 2013, 07:03:22 PM
I understand that YW and AG are planning a joint open day on Saturday 5th October. Can anybody confirm this or add any details?

Confirmed, briefly saw an article in todays latest NX staff newsletter.

Apparently this is to celebrate the 75th birthday of YW and 85th for AG. Buses will be running between the 2 depots on the day.

Ashley 4569

Is it too early to ask what buses will be operatong? Hopefully some metros

Dylan4579

YW have a crossely I think

John

Quote from: dgss1 on July 22, 2013, 10:27:27 AM

Yes, 3225 is a Daimler CVG6/Crossley, old BCT bus

Tony

Quote from: John on July 22, 2013, 07:06:04 PM
Quote from: dgss1 on July 22, 2013, 10:27:27 AM

Yes, 3225 is a Daimler CVG6/Crossley, old BCT bus

Any one owning a bus that whats to attend should contact Andy Walcott at Acocks Green garage, although he will probably be doing another 'rare working' for the next couple of days, it was him driving the gemini on the 900

John

Quote from: Tony on July 22, 2013, 07:28:25 PM
Any one owning a bus that whats to attend should contact Andy Walcott at Acocks Green garage, although he will probably be doing another 'rare working' for the next couple of days, it was him driving the gemini on the 900

I had a feeling it was. Wasn't it Andy who also put a Spectra and 0405N on the 37 a few years back? (4022 and 1701?)

There was some pics of them somewhere, if I can find them, I will link them

Tony

Quote from: John on July 22, 2013, 07:31:45 PM
Quote from: Tony on July 22, 2013, 07:28:25 PM

I had a feeling it was. Wasn't it Andy who also put a Spectra and 0405N on the 37 a few years back? (4022 and 1701?)

And had a Spectra out on a Sunday last year on V Festival. It was also him that drove the Citaro Bendi along the 71 route for the trial, but unfortunately without passengers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk