News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service Disruption

Started by Stuharris 6360, July 09, 2013, 06:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Noted today that the MM has been suspended between Birmingham Snow Hill & Winson Green (Outer Circle) due to overhead line damage.

What amazes me is that you never ever see anybody out & about checking the overheads. Whenever i have been in Blackpool, you always see the engineers out & about checking the over heads, adjusting the tension, checking the pantographs of the trams. Plus if there is a problem with the overheads, it takes them very little time to solve the problwm.

The latest i have heard for the MM is for normal service sometime tomorrow???
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Means increased passenger traffic on the buses then.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

Quote from: The Rat on July 09, 2013, 06:31:36 PM
Means increased passenger traffic on the buses then.

Unlikely, they'll all get the train Snow Hill to the Hawthorns and use the tram from there, it's only a few stops really affected
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

notepanel

Quite bad timing for National Express/the Metro with many people looking at possible alternatives ahead of the impending tunnel closures.

This will no doubt have lost the Metro a few fans, but it could have been worse! It could have happened during the tunnel closures!

vinh1000

been like this for few days now :@
good thing hawthorns to snow hill train exists

seen engineers between Soho Benson Road and Jewellery Quarter with tram 14 sitting there blocked
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: vinh1000 on July 09, 2013, 10:25:56 PM

seen engineers between Soho Benson Road and Jewellery Quarter with tram 14 sitting there blocked

Do MM have there own overhead engineers?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 10, 2013, 05:57:12 PM

Tram 13 was doing test runs up and down that section this afternoon so looks like it has now been repaired

D10

Yes, it has been repaired, I was at Snow Hill (rail) Station just after 5 this evening and the trams were running into the Metro stop there again.

vinh1000

Quote from: Tony on July 10, 2013, 06:09:42 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 10, 2013, 05:57:12 PM

Tram 13 was doing test runs up and down that section this afternoon so looks like it has now been repaired
Yah
Engineers were gathered around Tram 14 on that day orange hi viz as came pass on train towards BSH
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk