News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

£81 Million Investment in West Midlands Bus Network

Started by winston, July 03, 2013, 12:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real 4778

Quote from: Driver03 on July 08, 2013, 11:18:35 AM

We have so many buses in different livery's its mind boggling, NXWM as a brand should have just that... A BRAND. The refurb program needs to be consistent and done properly, no different shades of white, no repaint on the outside, old interior inside, that type of thing.

If NXWM got their brand correct and consistent on all vehicles and had a good refurb program every X amount of years, I think that it self would be a good medium to long term solution.

Couldn't agree more.  Irrespective that I think the 'white bus dipped in pot of red at an angle' is both uninspired, impractical and irrelevant to the city it serves, I do think the mish-mash we have currently is shocking.

I don't think I could make up enough two letter codes to cover all the variants rolling round our streets at present.
Don't you start.

winston

Quote from: Driver03 on July 08, 2013, 11:18:35 AM

If NXWM got their brand correct and consistent on all vehicles and had a good refurb program every X amount of years, I think that it self would be a good medium to long term solution.

The latest refurbs seem far superior, reverting to cargo white with the brighter orange/red seems to make a big difference, it will be interesting to see how much this shade of red goes pink over the years. I hope that this now the very last variation in livery and wish they would stop changing the fleet names, few number fonts etc. They need to be consistent if they want to achieve a higher quality operation, NX should also instruct all garages to paint in accident damage in the correct shades of colour

Liverpool Street

Really, all things considered, they need to scrap this current livery, give Birmingham some proper colours and cut there losses. Damn NX Coach ruining the bus side. (The original livery was going to be all white with JUST the front red.)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: The Rat on July 08, 2013, 02:11:32 PM
Really, all things considered, they need to scrap this current livery, give Birmingham some proper colours and cut there losses. Damn NX Coach ruining the bus side. (The original livery was going to be all white with JUST the front red.)

I agree with what you are saying, but I think that is highly unlikely to happen given the time it has took to get to where we are now, I think Dean Finch has reluctantly decided to run with the current livery with modified colours to help reduce some of the current problems with it

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on July 08, 2013, 02:16:10 PM

I agree with what you are saying, but I think that is highly unlikely to happen given the time it has took to get to where we are now, I think Dean Finch has reluctantly decided to run with the current livery with modified colours to help reduce some of the current problems with it

I know mate, its a highly unlikely situation we'll find ourselves in.

Only thing we can do is wait 15 years until the natural changes come about.

Or how hard is it to add like a wad of blue to that damn white slab? I don't know why they've put a mass exodus against on Birmingham's colour, totally lost the identity.

It was always (well, this is my kids opinion) London = red / b'ham = blue.

So in effect where the red is now, should be darker blue and therefore a large wedge of red under the lower saloon windows.

Here cometh the year 2022 when it'll get changed again. Probably.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: The Rat on July 08, 2013, 02:27:06 PM

Or how hard is it to add like a wad of blue to that damn white slab? I don't know why they've put a mass exodus against on Birmingham's colour, totally lost the identity.

So in effect where the red is now, should be darker blue and therefore a large wedge of red under the lower saloon windows.

With the Julie exercise (aka 4177) and NX requesting feedback on livery, I suggested WMPTE blue & cream in NX current format i.e. cream where red, blue where white, needless to say they didn't like it!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on July 08, 2013, 02:33:06 PM
Quote from: The Rat on July 08, 2013, 02:27:06 PM

With the Julie exercise (aka 4177) and NX requesting feedback on livery, I suggested WMPTE blue & cream in NX current format i.e. cream where red, blue where white, needless to say they didn't like it!

Nope! Because they've 'moved on' from the WMPTE days - moved on from that unprofessional era, or so they think. Also, they'll moan about 'going backwards'.

All it is is a money saving exercise, less colour = less money. So that means they're also against extravagant liveries. But they could've made the red sort of 'swoop' around the side and rear of the bus, but nooooo.

But please Winston use my mates paper bus on the E400 page and use it to make your own livery. Cheers mate it'll mean a lot. I'll even email someone up top RE: these liveries.

I think Tony will set us all straight though.
until it cought fire

williamposh

On the basis it takes 5 years to repaint the fleet at a normal rate I would have thought they are trying to get everything in to one livery before launching another one.

They may have had a coach imposed livery but once a decent number were in it then it kind of sticks.

winston

Quote from: williamposh on July 08, 2013, 03:48:55 PM
On the basis it takes 5 years to repaint the fleet at a normal rate I would have thought they are trying to get everything in to one livery before launching another one.

They may have had a coach imposed livery but once a decent number were in it then it kind of sticks.

The current livery application has being on-going for the past six years already, NX still have around 300 buses in TWM colours and have still yet to remove the TWM fleetname

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on July 08, 2013, 03:59:19 PM
Quote from: williamposh on July 08, 2013, 03:48:55 PM

The current livery application has being on-going for the past six years already, NX still have around 300 buses in TWM colours and have still yet to remove the TWM fleetname

Don't forget in the garage a lot of the paper work / forms are still in ye olde WMT format. Well it is in BC. Seems to have been upgraded slightly since the muster room refurb.
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: The Rat on July 08, 2013, 02:38:46 PM

But please Winston use my mates paper bus on the E400 page and use it to make your own livery. Cheers mate it'll mean a lot. I'll even email someone up top RE: these liveries.

The Rat, I'd Love to have a go at coming up with an alterntive livery, but I'm swamped with work that I need to get finished this week before I go on holiday

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on July 08, 2013, 04:31:55 PM
Quote from: The Rat on July 08, 2013, 02:38:46 PM

The Rat, I'd Love to have a go at coming up with an alterntive livery, but I'm swamped with work that I need to get finished this week before I go on holiday

That's fair enough mate, keep safe on holiday get plenty of bus pics for us nuts haha
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: The Rat on July 08, 2013, 04:37:22 PM

That's fair enough mate, keep safe on holiday get plenty of bus pics for us nuts haha

Cheers mate, I'll still log in, I'll be in Western greyhound / Summercourt Travel Land, and if the weather stay's like this is will be pukka  ;)

Andrew1991

I know this would never happen but it's different.

Andrew1991

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk