News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

As far as I know! the 72 and 72E will still be AG

Stu

I can't work out the exact figures, but as the 72 gets an overall frequency decrease to 30 minutes, while the 71 gets an increase to 15 minutes, as well as the extra short workings as 72E, I think overall there might not be that much of a PVR increase.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

Just came about because looking at the new TT, it looked like the 70 was either going to interwork with the 72 in the city or get quite a long layover time.

Gareth

The old 590 used to have long layover time. They were usually parked up opposite The Black Horse on Jennens Road.

monkeyjoe

Remember almost 30 mins, and at some point i'm sure used to be near the town hall Paradise circle or could be imagining that.

trident4370

Didn't see any Central vehicles on the 35 today so that business seems to have stopped already. 4148 was today's 11.

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on October 25, 2013, 05:12:59 PM
Remember almost 30 mins, and at some point i'm sure used to be near the town hall Paradise circle or could be imagining that.

Yes, it was extended to Paradise Circus for a time so it could park up out of the way

Sayeed

Don't know how to put it right in terms of sentence but I'll try my best.

Basically it's about the dead mileage on 22/3, when they start running on evening timetables, buses terminates at Kitwell and Woodgate instead at City centre and they have to drive all the the way to BC garage as NIS. It's been going on like this long time and would like to see operate as final daytime journey to city.
Век живи - век учись

spudnick

Quote from: Sayeed_M on October 27, 2013, 01:34:28 AM
Don't know how to put it right in terms of sentence but I'll try my best.

Basically it's about the dead mileage on 22/3, when they start running on evening timetables, buses terminates at Kitwell and Woodgate instead at City centre and they have to drive all the the way to BC garage as NIS. It's been going on like this long time and would like to see operate as final daytime journey to city.

I think I know what you're getting at and there are certainly a number of examples not just at BC of this, for instance there are quite a few 18's which run dead from YW to Bartley Green and visa versa which on the face of it could go back in service. However the main problem with doing this is the drivers duty, we are paid 7hrs 36 minutes (38 hours a week) a day regardless of how long the duty actually is, the idea being that on average the duties must come to 7hrs 36 mins or slightly below, if you decided to run those 22/23's back in service its inevitably going to result in a longer duty as its going to take more time to go back in service to Colmore Row and then dead to BC than it would to go straight to BC which would likely push the average over 7hrs 36 mins.

What you're suggesting does already happen to a certain extent if you look at the 22/3 timetable the night frequency of every 15 minutes doesn't really kick in going into town till after 8 o'clock so there already will be quite a few which will terminate in town then run back to the garage, compare that to the YW 6 where the night frequency of every 20 minutes kicks in going into town from Solihull just after half 6.

Hope this helps!

John

Saw 4152 today. It has lost its LED display for a normal Dot Matrix one, as seen here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/10514312384/

trident4370

I wonder if it had 4368s Dot Matrix...

Tony

Rob H

Quote from: Tony on October 27, 2013, 09:09:23 PM
seemed strange seeing a 70E in Birmingham today
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4225-4474/4318.html

Its going to be strange to see Tridents at The Radley's especially BC Tridents as the last time Tridents went to The Radleys they was operating on the 69 and they were YW Tridents I'll be having a ride on the 70 tomorrow from Sheldon to Birmingham but I'm glad Tridents are operating on the 70 :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

monkeyjoe

That interesting according to NXWM website the 70 will be run by BC & PB. So crap old buses all the way then, ha ha.

http://nxbus.co.uk/routes/west-midlands/B070/?timetable[day]=&tab=

Know anything about this yet?

Rob H

Quote from: monkeyjoe on October 27, 2013, 10:20:02 PM
That interesting according to NXWM website the 70 will be run by BC & PB. So crap old buses all the way then, ha ha.

http://nxbus.co.uk/routes/west-midlands/B070/?timetable[day]=&tab=

Know anything about this yet?

Now that I didn't know ??? I'll keep an eye out for any PB Buses tomorrow that will be interesting ;)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk