News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

4140 still has its mega side ad for 'Pacific Rim', from June. Surely this must be a candidate for the next refurb from Central, or at least getting the advert removed?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: John on September 26, 2013, 07:21:22 PM
4140 still has its mega side ad for 'Pacific Rim', from June. Surely this must be a candidate for the next refurb from Central, or at least getting the advert removed?

Or the next batch to shift to PE? Or isn't that happening now?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

John

Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 26, 2013, 09:20:28 PM

I think it is still happening when new deliveries arrive, in around 6 weeks time has been suggested

Mike K

Quote from: John on September 26, 2013, 09:38:11 PM

I think it is still happening when new deliveries arrive, in around 6 weeks time has been suggested

Anyone any ideas which garage and routes the next delivery is for? PB and Sutton Lines has been suggested but if that is the case I can't see what cascades would happen to allow BC Tridents and B7RLEs to move to PE. And the trees on Wheeleys Road and Edgbaston Park Road still need a serious trim if the plan is for the 98 to go double deck.

winston

Quote from: Mike K on September 26, 2013, 10:06:27 PM

Anyone any ideas which garage and routes the next delivery is for? PB and Sutton Lines has been suggested but if that is the case I can't see what cascades would happen to allow BC Tridents and B7RLEs to move to PE. And the trees on Wheeleys Road and Edgbaston Park Road still need a serious trim if the plan is for the 98 to go double deck.

If PB / Sutton Lines are the intended recipient for the new deliveries, the only option as I see would be for PB to loose its early E400's 4698, 4718-4732 - BC allowing for Tridents & B7RLE to cascade out to PE. No other PB types are suitable for cascade to BC

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on September 26, 2013, 10:19:07 PM

If PB / Sutton Lines are the intended recipient for the new deliveries, the only option as I see would be for PB to loose its early E400's 4698, 4718-4732 - BC allowing for Tridents & B7RLE to cascade out to PE. No other PB types are suitable for cascade to BC

Well actually the B7-ALX400 would be suitable, as all drivers apart from ones started Oct12-onwards wouldn't have been type trained.

Bring back the 42hundreds!! Lol.

In all seriousness it would probably be PB buses direct to PE.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Mike K

Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 26, 2013, 10:23:44 PM

Well actually the B7-ALX400 would be suitable, as all drivers apart from ones started Oct12-onwards wouldn't have been type trained.

Unless of course the batch due for delivery in the near future are for something like the Bristol Road or Pershore Road, rather than the Sutton Lines.

winston

LS,

I know what you're saying, but in terms of BC it would introduce another type to a Trident/E400 dominated fleet etc

winston

Quote from: Mike K on September 26, 2013, 10:26:57 PM

Unless of course the batch due for delivery in the near future are for something like the Bristol Road or Pershore Road, rather than the Sutton Lines.

I think it has been suggested that Pershore Rd is due an upgrade but not until Feb 2014, so I would have thought those would come from NX's 2014 bus order?

Mike K

I know Winston but NX seem to change their plans more often than some people change their undercrackers.

Liverpool Street

No no, its deffo Sutton Lines upgrade.

Quote from: Winston on September 26, 2013, 10:27:05 PM

LS,

I know what you're saying, but in terms of BC it would introduce another type to a Trident/E400 dominated fleet etc

It has been done before, but I understand where you're coming from. It is unlikely either way.

Quote from: Winston on September 26, 2013, 10:28:29 PM

I think it has been suggested that Pershore Rd is due an upgrade but not until Feb 2014, so I would have thought those would come from NX's 2014 bus order?

Well that would be the most apparent situation with orders anyway.
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Mike K on September 26, 2013, 10:30:45 PM
I know Winston but NX seem to change their plans more often than some people change their undercrackers.

I agree, they are all as bad as one another......

Surely if the numbers / business case stacks up one week, it don't see how it can change the next

Mike K

Thanks for the confirmation on the Sutton Lines LS. Karl posted in the PE thread that there would be more Tridents and B7RLEs to replace Mercs and logically you would think these would come from BC. I'm interested to see what sequence of vehicle cascades might happen to allow that.

Would love to see B7 Geminis at BC but very much doubt that will ever happen.

nitromatt1

Quote from: Mike K on September 26, 2013, 10:46:44 PM
Thanks for the confirmation on the Sutton Lines LS. Karl posted in the PE thread that there would be more Tridents and B7RLEs to replace Mercs and logically you would think these would come from BC. I'm interested to see what sequence of vehicle cascades might happen to allow that.

Closest you've come to that is one being on the 900 once!

Why did that happen, does anyone remember?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on September 26, 2013, 10:46:44 PM

Oh no it will never be Geminis, the engineers put a stop to that ages ago! But as Winston said it will be early E400's (which could be a possible temporary transfer until the Pershore E400 comes, then they might move somewhere else)
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk