News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dw1308

4464 is on the 73 today saw it in solihull at about 2pm......also i noticed a 14 branded trident on the 97 in chelmsley at about 1pm

Jack6101

5502 was broken down with bonnet up in helsowen this morning round 9 :30 near the kfc roundabout
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

CL

Quote from: Mike K on June 28, 2016, 06:13:41 PM
That looks like it's had the offside branding applied to the nearside in error. The others have the longer Harborne branding with the picture of the bus on the nearside.
In a late reply to that, I've just seen 5512, and it seems to in the following fashion; shortened branding.

A lot of the Harborne branding seems mismatched or missing at the moment; 5516(?) IIRC doesn't have the 4 minute frequency branding on the upper deck rear windows. I was thinking, with the instalment of advert frames, could this mean they're being prepared for a fresh lick of paint?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Mike K

Quote from: clayderman on July 02, 2016, 09:29:48 AM
In a late reply to that, I've just seen 5512, and it seems to in the following fashion; shortened branding.

A lot of the Harborne branding seems mismatched or missing at the moment; 5516(?) IIRC doesn't have the 4 minute frequency branding on the upper deck rear windows. I was thinking, with the instalment of advert frames, could this mean they're being prepared for a fresh lick of paint?

There are lots with various parts of vinlys or branding missing although new vinlys have started to be applied in the last week or two; 5509 and 5516 are two that are now sorted. The fact that new vinyls have been applied to make space for advert frames suggests to me that it might be a little while longer before these get a repaint.

Sh4318

What will be the fate of the re-engined (Euro 4) 41** Tridents once the emissions rule kicks in next year? Surely NX need all the Euro 4 buses they have
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

CL

2124 has changed from a 22 at Five Ways to a 23.

In other news, just speculation from where I'm sitting, 4877 looks as if it has a crack in the upper windscreen.

Trident 4194

Are you sure it was 2124? 2142 was on 24 earlier. Very unusual

Mike K

Quote from: clayderman on July 06, 2016, 03:44:21 PM
2124 has changed from a 22 at Five Ways to a 23.

If it's heading to city, don't nearly all 22 and 23 journeys inter work, so he's just changing display early?

If it's heading out of city that's a different matter...

CL

Quote from: Mike K on July 06, 2016, 04:07:09 PM
If it's heading to city, don't nearly all 22 and 23 journeys inter work, so he's just changing display early?

If it's heading out of city that's a different matter...
It was heading into city; found it odd changing displays mid route; though, understandable - however to be fair, I did speculate whether or not it could've changed into a 23 after coming off the Hillcrest 22S at Five Ways? ...As, you know, sometimes NX don't program the suffixes. ::) :P

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 06, 2016, 04:01:14 PM
Are you sure it was 2124? 2142 was on 24 earlier. Very unusual
You mentioned two fleetnumbers there?

It was 2124 on the 22/23 - confirmed in the NW thread too (which I had checked after posting here.) :P
2142 is still on the 24. I saw it in the opposite direction as 2142 & 4877 (my bus) going towards Woodgate Valley.

Stu

Good and bad this evening:

Good: 58, 59 and 60 are all being diverted along Small Heath Highway, presumably to avoid the Eid traffic chaos in Small Heath, and are showing alternately 'On Diversion - enquire with driver' on the displays. The driver of the 60 was even checking with passengers as they board where they were going to.

Bad: in the gridlocked convoy of traffic along Coventry Road, by Bordesley station, the driver of the 900 gave up on approaching the bus stop and pulled into the middle lane, missing out that stop. Not a problem for myself, as there was a 900E just a few vehicles behind, but there was a young lady at the stop who got a bit distressed, as she wanted to get to Coventry. I hope she did actually get on the 900E behind me, as it did overtake the 900 before they both even got to Bordesley Circus.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on July 06, 2016, 05:18:39 PM
Good and bad this evening:

Good: 58, 59 and 60 are all being diverted along Small Heath Highway, presumably to avoid the Eid traffic chaos in Small Heath, and are showing alternately 'On Diversion - enquire with driver' on the displays. The driver of the 60 was even checking with passengers as they board where they were going to.

Bad: in the gridlocked convoy of traffic along Coventry Road, by Bordesley station, the driver of the 900 gave up on approaching the bus stop and pulled into the middle lane, missing out that stop. Not a problem for myself, as there was a 900E just a few vehicles behind, but there was a young lady at the stop who got a bit distressed, as she wanted to get to Coventry. I hope she did actually get on the 900E behind me, as it did overtake the 900 before they both even got to Bordesley Circus.

I feel sorry for the 8A/8C drivers. Ladypool Road is the definition of chaos. Saw an 8A driving up Highgate Road on the wrong side of the road with its attack alarm on and sounding the horn last night. He'd been sitting in the traffic for quite a while prior to that.

4443 is on the 70 today. Just passed the Fox And Goose going towards Chelmsley.
Its on the 10:54 70 from the City Centre.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

V89MOA

Pershore road branded 4900 is on the 60, behind platinum 6702.

CL

A Platinum's occurance on the 60 has been getting progressively common lately.. Are they using spares?

Eric Shaw

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk