News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

5502 has received new hybrid vinyls on the offside at least. The Turning Birmingham Green has been replaced by lowercase 'low emission electric hybrid bus' branding. Looks a bit of a mess as you can clearly see the outline of the old lettering underneath.

Thought these might be due a repaint within the next 12 months so surprised to see vinlys being updated.

5505 also now has the updated hybrid branding so presume they're all being done.

John

Quote from: Mike K on May 19, 2016, 06:00:42 PM
5502 has received new hybrid vinyls on the offside at least. The Turning Birmingham Green has been replaced by lowercase 'low emission electric hybrid bus' branding. Looks a bit of a mess as you can clearly see the outline of the old lettering underneath.

Thought these might be due a repaint within the next 12 months so surprised to see vinlys being updated.

5505 also now has the updated hybrid branding so presume they're all being done.

This is a shot in the dark, but I wonder if they are to be fitted with advert frames. The branding is been made smaller for the frames to fit

Noticed today that the handle bars on 4609 have been repainted into Crimson. Its on the 56/70 today.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2206 on May 22, 2016, 05:04:46 PM
Noticed today that the handle bars on 4609 have been repainted into Crimson. Its on the 56/70 today.

Wasn't it like that before transfer anyway? I think @Nathan mentioned the red bars previous.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 22, 2016, 08:54:38 PM
Wasn't it like that before transfer anyway? I think @Nathan mentioned the red bars previous.

Yes, the handle bars had a fresh lick of paint when it went for repaint in 2012.

Mike K

Quote from: John on May 21, 2016, 05:49:48 PM
This is a shot in the dark, but I wonder if they are to be fitted with advert frames. The branding is been made smaller for the frames to fit

Interesting thought John, I've noticed that the 'Travelling by bus just became greener" branding on the rear is also being removed from them, possibly also to make way for advert frames.

Dylanbusboy45

4871 on 45 today. Seen at 17:55 at West Heath towards Longbridge

Stu

Was a bit surprised on the 957 this morning, when the driver took us through Small Heath along the Coventry Road, then down Golden Hillock Road to rejoin Small Heath Highway.

Do the 900/957 still operate 'flexi-route' between Hay Mills and Digbeth? I remember seeing something about this when the 957 first launched (where the driver could take alternative routes if the traffic was bad), but thought that wasn't the case any more.

I don't think it was the case that the driver was lost, it seemed that going round Heybarnes Circus he didn't like the look of the stacked-up traffic on Small Heath Highway so carried on along the Cov Road instead!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

James.

Quote from: Stu on May 26, 2016, 07:57:58 PM
Was a bit surprised on the 957 this morning, when the driver took us through Small Heath along the Coventry Road, then down Golden Hillock Road to rejoin Small Heath Highway.

Do the 900/957 still operate 'flexi-route' between Hay Mills and Digbeth? I remember seeing something about this when the 957 first launched (where the driver could take alternative routes if the traffic was bad), but thought that wasn't the case any more.

I don't think it was the case that the driver was lost, it seemed that going round Heybarnes Circus he didn't like the look of the stacked-up traffic on Small Heath Highway so carried on along the Cov Road instead!

Yes we are still allowed to use the Coventry road if we wish during peak hours or when traffic is bad on the bypass, the best route now I find is like you mentioned the driver did earlier as the second half of the bypass between poets corner and the watering hole doesn't seem to be too bad anymore
James

CL

Unsure whether it's just the one display - but 4903's "E" journey to West Heath is still in the alternating format as opposed to Super-X styled.. Thought it was worth a mention.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stu

Quote from: James. on May 26, 2016, 10:06:02 PM
Yes we are still allowed to use the Coventry road if we wish during peak hours or when traffic is bad on the bypass, the best route now I find is like you mentioned the driver did earlier as the second half of the bypass between poets corner and the watering hole doesn't seem to be too bad anymore

Thanks for the clarification, wish more drivers would use their noggins and follow that alternate route!

Most mornings the 58 and 957 leave Swan Island towards city at roughly the same time, but there's been occasions when both have got to Bordesley station at roughly the same time too! I've learned now that unless a 900/957 is 'due' or arriving within 2-3 minutes, I may as just get the first Small Heath bus (58/59/60) that comes instead of waiting.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

James.

Quote from: Stu on May 27, 2016, 06:08:40 PM
Thanks for the clarification, wish more drivers would use their noggins and follow that alternate route!

Most mornings the 58 and 957 leave Swan Island towards city at roughly the same time, but there's been occasions when both have got to Bordesley station at roughly the same time too! I've learned now that unless a 900/957 is 'due' or arriving within 2-3 minutes, I may as just get the first Small Heath bus (58/59/60) that comes instead of waiting.

Yeah the 957 is really pot luck weather it turns up on time in the mornings, most of the time it's a few minutes down, all depends on how well the driver got out of Solihull and through the wheatsheaf to be honest, I've noticed on times recently doing the 58/59, certain journeys in the morning seem to get 7/8 minutes to get from the Swan to Kings road, so the drivers tend to hold back so they don't have a 4minutes+ wait at kings road
James

John

5512 and 5513s Harborne branding has been made smaller on the offside, so maybe to fit advert frames

Dom

Quote from: John on May 31, 2016, 12:39:18 PM
5512 and 5513s Harborne branding has been made smaller on the offside, so maybe to fit advert frames

I saw it yesterday and thought it looked smaller wasn't sure though, id say its gonna be ad frames.

Mike K

With the modifications to the vinyls on 5501-09, and the rear bonnet branding looking like it's being removed from all of them it certainly looks like it's making way for adverts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk