News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

I have one night away from the forum and my website, reliving 40 years ago sat on the wall of the Dog Inn at Water Orton watching the trains, read what was posted last night on the train into work this morning and find we have
Market Research experts (who know where buses are needed)
Financial experts (who know where/when to run buses commercially)
Timetabling Experts
Engineering experts (who know which buses are going to be the best value for money over a 15 year life)
on various threads. Should all join together and set up a bus company!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2015, 09:20:53 AM
Timetabling Experts

Cheers boss, didn't think my timetable skills were that good to call me an expert. Haha.

But if they're using only one bus for a half hourly service then it can't be too far from the truth. The company favours larger dropbacks in the city hence my reasoning for a three minute gap there and a one minute gap at Selly Oak.

All speculation of course, they might give two buses on there with a lovely large drop back at either end. ? (Of course not)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Kevin

Wow, way to belittle us just for being enthusiasts
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

tank90

Quote from: Kevin on July 08, 2015, 12:37:22 PM

Tony isn't belittling anyone, he is just feed up with people typing away on here what NXWM/C/D and other operators should be doing and not doing. This would be ok if those folks knew what it is like to run a bus Company. It's by no means easy.

As for the 63N hasn't anyone thought that the reason for it only going to Selly Oak is because at the moment there aren't the staff to stretch it out further to Longbridge and Rednal. Also for those who have said about London, well TfL pay for larger fleets so buses doing nights can have down time during the morning before going back out on the road, NX haven't got the space and funds for that. Look at how tired many Ex London buses are most should be scrapped after service in London but are sold on. As NXWM are doing these using there own money "Enthusiasts" shouldn't be telling them what to do. It would be like the Steam Railway Enthusiasts telling Steam Dreams what to do or West Coast Railways. Enthusiasts have there role but shouldn't be telling a company what to do with there own money, unless there is a safety problem they notice.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Mike K

Quote from: tank90 on July 08, 2015, 05:52:06 PM
Tony isn't belittling anyone, he is just feed up with people typing away on here what NXWM/C/D and other operators should be doing and not doing. This would be ok if those folks knew what it is like to run a bus Company. It's by no means easy.

As for the 63N hasn't anyone thought that the reason for it only going to Selly Oak is because at the moment there aren't the staff to stretch it out further to Longbridge and Rednal. Also for those who have said about London, well TfL pay for larger fleets so buses doing nights can have down time during the morning before going back out on the road, NX haven't got the space and funds for that. Look at how tired many Ex London buses are most should be scrapped after service in London but are sold on. As NXWM are doing these using there own money "Enthusiasts" shouldn't be telling them what to do. It would be like the Steam Railway Enthusiasts telling Steam Dreams what to do or West Coast Railways. Enthusiasts have there role but shouldn't be telling a company what to do with there own money, unless there is a safety problem they notice.

Human Resources experts too now  ;)

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Mike K on July 08, 2015, 07:14:07 PM

I don't mind doing it !  ;)
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Kevin on July 08, 2015, 12:37:22 PM

Lol.

Thought the idea of forums are about people having debates and opinions, in the same way most of us have any idea of how to run a public service or a supermarket but peeps will still have an opinion. Either way have no intention of trying to setup either a service or a supermarket lol.

Ashley 60171

There would be complete anarchy just choosing the name of this fantasy bus company.

Social media expertise in this funny mix too :P

tank90

Quote from: Mike K on July 08, 2015, 07:14:07 PM

Funny but I have run many projects using a set budget before, and staffing costs can run high when dealing with nights.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: tank90 on July 08, 2015, 05:52:06 PM

Yes Tony wasn't belittling anyone.

I found it very refreshing to have a debate and as i am sure that people high up in National Express read this forum and when we have a sensible debate, take notice of what we put. It might not make much difference to what is done within NE, but at least they see how we are thinking.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

BK63 YWP

It actually nice that nxwm is introducing core night bus across birmingham. 97A, 50, 74 and now 63. Will the the N suffix return as more night services are introduced. I feel that 9 and one of the sutton lines will be next ones
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

James.

Quote from: Chris on July 08, 2015, 10:59:35 PM
It actually nice that nxwm is introducing core night bus across birmingham. 97A, 50, 74 and now 63. Will the the N suffix return as more night services are introduced. I feel that 9 and one of the sutton lines will be next ones

I wouldn't be surprised if the 900 was also to go 24/7, seen as currently there is only a few hours between the last running board finishing in garage to the first running board starting, I imagine if they was to do it would only be a 900E that would run between them hours.
James

Dutsey

I am not sure If the airport is open 24x7 but if it is I am surprised that the 900 isn't already running a 24hr service as I cant imagine the train service to be

James.

You may be right about the airport, although having done late night duties on the 900, to and from the airport, the service does carry well, seeing some of the air hostesses at midnight is a good way to wake you up lol  :P
That said, I imagine even for the fact it serves the Coventry road would be a plus point for a 24hr service.
James

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Dutsey on July 09, 2015, 09:33:12 AM
I am not sure If the airport is open 24x7 but if it is I am surprised that the 900 isn't already running a 24hr service as I cant imagine the train service to be

Its Birmingham International. Of course it's open 24/7.

97Airport ring any bells?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk