News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on June 26, 2015, 06:06:42 PM
4318 gone on, 6713 upwards not yet in service,  more departures when they are.

Any ideas when the remaining Platinums are due to start?

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 26, 2015, 06:11:05 PM
If what I've heard is right then it's something to do with a double-oh disaster...2 routing out of halesowen.

Say no more, Thomas!

Quote from: Mike K on June 26, 2015, 06:33:46 PM
No they don't. It didn't last that long and isn't needed so much now the Colmore Row stops have swapped over and there is a bit more space to layover.

I don't recall the wording of the bottom tow of the display but it was something along the lines of please wait while our drivers change over.

It should be 'feel free to knock on the doors and disturb our drivers whilst they change, because they can't actually see passengers waiting for the service as they don't have eyes.'
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Mike K

What's meant by the cryptic references to the 002 in Halesowen?

If the 99 does move, and given that PE is allegedly at capacity, it will be interesting to see if there are any other moves of routes between garages - I know a few possible scenarios were debated on here a few months back. I personally think that extending the 99 further will affect reliability. I agree I preferred it when it was the short and sweet QE - Harborne - Quinton shuttle.

Trident 4194

May it go through Bartley green? The way the 22 green bus was attempted? Is the 99 extending to Hayley green again?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on June 27, 2015, 11:51:12 AM
What's meant by the cryptic references to the 002 in Halesowen?

If the 99 does move, and given that PE is allegedly at capacity, it will be interesting to see if there are any other moves of routes between garages - I know a few possible scenarios were debated on here a few months back. I personally think that extending the 99 further will affect reliability. I agree I preferred it when it was the short and sweet QE - Harborne - Quinton shuttle.

What I've heard is something about the 126 going to BC, something from The Farm to Wolvo and 99 from BC to The Farm.

Allegedly.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Liverpool Street on June 27, 2015, 12:03:34 PM
What I've heard is something about the 126 going to BC, something from The Farm to Wolvo and 99 from BC to The Farm.

Allegedly.

What's the farm? Is that Hasbury??

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stuharris 6360

It's interesting that all these rumours are going around when a Dudley/Sandwell bus review is taking place.

What is the point in moving services around when the bus review may change everything again?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

karl724223

Nothing would change till October when the review takes place

winston

Quote from: karl724223 on June 27, 2015, 05:55:53 PM

Surely nothing would need to move out of Pensnett when they have the extra land the could be used for additional parking

AndrewLee

Here's another rumour: PE will run the 99 from either Halesowen or Hasbury to the QE. Then BC will run it from city to the QE or War Lane. Personally I think this is rather far-fetched. Makes sense for PE to have it. What confuses me is when you need to change a defective E200 you normally get a Volvo. You then drive out to say Harborne and then you see they've put E200 on the 29. Or the 14. Or the Bristol. Or the Pershore. You get the idea...

BK63 YWP

They thinking of splitting the 99? Is it for reliability issues?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Roy

Quote from: karl724223 on June 27, 2015, 05:55:53 PM

The Dudley/Sandwell review changes will not take place until early 2016 at the earliest.  I was told that at one of the roadshows.

AndrewLee

Quote from: Chris on June 28, 2015, 08:06:33 PM
They thinking of splitting the 99? Is it for reliability issues?

Reliability is an issue. It's a long route, loadings can be heavy especially in the peaks, and not a lot of dropback. PE will still have these issues if the running time is not sorted. Also, they will still have the same problems with inconsiderate parking at the QE and Welsh House.

Stuharris 6360

To me, the 99 could do with a slight increase in frequency although that may not be possible because of it fitting in with the departures of the 98 from City.

PE could certainly operate the route, although it is a long way out if a changeover bus is needed, and i certainly wouldn't want to see them taking buses off the 244 to cover it if there was a breakdown.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

don

I'm not sure I can see the point of transfer of the 99 - except BC garage doesn't seem to like E200s, which would no doubt get transferred if the route went somewhere else.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk