News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2150 was in Bordesley Green on the 97 at about 16:00. Near Heartlands Hospital.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

CL

Not too sure if it's been mentioned yet; but I am aware of other buses in the same garage sharing identical/similarly spelt names (for example, 4761 and 4980 at WB sharing Scarlet/Scarlett) - but I've just clocked on that 4877 and 5518 share the same name, Poppy.

Then again, the exception for the WB example would be that the 47**s were transferred, with some retaining their original YW names. Does anyone know when 4877 had its name applied? (before or after transfer to BC?)  ???

Just thought this would be worth mentioning. :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Alex

Quote from: clayderman on April 20, 2016, 09:55:59 PM
Not too sure if it's been mentioned yet; but I am aware of other buses in the same garage sharing identical/similarly spelt names (for example, 4761 and 4980 at WB sharing Scarlet/Scarlett) - but I've just clocked on that 4877 and 5518 share the same name, Poppy.

Then again, the exception for the WB example would be that the 47**s were transferred, with some retaining their original YW names. Does anyone know when 4877 had its name applied? (before or after transfer to BC?)  ???

Just thought this would be worth mentioning. :)

Before, I think I have a photo of it at Walsall with the name on.
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

John

Quote from: Alex on April 20, 2016, 10:06:01 PM
Before, I think I have a photo of it at Walsall with the name on.

It was at Walsall they were named. When they gained the green 93* Express branding

Stu

Just a casual observation I've made, since I've been catching the 900 and 957 more frequently now, regarding the audio announcements.

I'm not sure if the difference is just between the two routes, but sometimes I've noticed that the full stop name isn't always announced; for example when heading home, sometimes the announcement says "Next stop is Coventry Road, Church Road", but other times it just says "Next stop is Church Road".

I have noticed that on both inbound journeys though, the announcement does say 'Forest Road', although the bus stop flag says 'Kathleen Road'.

I must admit that the on board announcements are not as irritating as I thought they would be, being a regular traveller now, but then again it's only four stops from Church Road (Swan Island) to Bordesley station for me.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: filbus1 on April 27, 2016, 02:53:38 PM
4624 14 Branded on 62 and 4625 14 Branded on 63 passed each other in Selly Oak at 14:25
62? There isn't a 62 at BC?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: John on April 21, 2016, 03:07:01 PM
It was at Walsall they were named. When they gained the green 93* Express branding

I thought it was when they was debranded?

P419 EJW

filbus1

Hayley1985

Saw 4324 at the BC pits last night, not sure just being fixed or loan/transfer?

WMT3000

Apologies if it's already been mentioned but 4596 is now sporting an led destination board.

CL

4871 is on the 22/23. Quite a change from the Coventry Road, recently. As is 4872.

Edit: I bave no idea how long it has been, but there's been two Tridents in convoy on the 97, displaying City Centre, as "City centre" - I suppose it's no big deal, but it's just a little irritant to me, I find..  ::)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Bususer79

Would anybody be able to confirm if the 97a route has been slightly amended around 9.45 last night saw one on tile cross road with destination showing resorts world

monkeyjoe

Go on the Nxwm website certain journeys have been extended to that dodgy shopping centre.

Stu

Quote from: Bususer79 on May 02, 2016, 08:43:04 AM
Would anybody be able to confirm if the 97a route has been slightly amended around 9.45 last night saw one on tile cross road with destination showing resorts world

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/97a-extends-to-resorts-world-birmingham
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk