News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Winston on March 14, 2015, 09:06:17 PM
Quote from: clayderman on March 14, 2015, 09:04:41 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 14, 2015, 08:52:26 PM
Quote from: clayderman on March 14, 2015, 08:41:51 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 14, 2015, 08:27:35 PM
Green meets Green in Birmingham Central

@Tony; Like @nxwmbusfan1999 - I agree, it's a nice shot...

By any chance, would 6111 be at BC for type training, for when they get their MMCs?

No, it was there because I needed somewhere to park it.

Sarcasm? ??? (I can't always tell.) :-\

It's not sarcasm, it's fact!

I took the shadow cabinet from New Street to the ICC in it at 09:15. I took them back from the ICC to New Street at 13:15. In between I needed somewhere to park it BC was the closest place. No sarcasm

CL

Quote from: Tony on March 14, 2015, 09:08:26 PM
Quote from: Winston on March 14, 2015, 09:06:17 PM
Quote from: clayderman on March 14, 2015, 09:04:41 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 14, 2015, 08:52:26 PM
Quote from: clayderman on March 14, 2015, 08:41:51 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 14, 2015, 08:27:35 PM
Green meets Green in Birmingham Central

@Tony; Like @nxwmbusfan1999 - I agree, it's a nice shot...

By any chance, would 6111 be at BC for type training, for when they get their MMCs?

No, it was there because I needed somewhere to park it.

Sarcasm? ??? (I can't always tell.) :-\

It's not sarcasm, it's fact!

I took the shadow cabinet from New Street to the ICC in it at 09:15. I took them back from the ICC to New Street at 13:15. In between I needed somewhere to park it BC was the closest place. No sarcasm

Okay then. Thanks for clearing that up, I was confused for a moment or two then. :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stuharris 6360

@Tony, why did you have to use a brand new bus, couldn't you have taken a Trident?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 14, 2015, 09:21:11 PM
@Tony, why did you have to use a brand new bus, couldn't you have taken a Trident?

And I was being accused of sarcasm!

On the basis that this isn't sarcasm (?)

I am picking up people like Michael Dugher, Shadow secretary of state for transport, who recently described the UK Bus industry as broken. Ed Balls, shadow chancellor who may be pulling the purse strings on the nation's finances in a couple of months, do you really think National Express are going to pick them up in anything other than the best they have?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on March 14, 2015, 09:27:13 PM

I am picking up people like Michael Dugher, Shadow secretary of state for transport, who recently described the UK Bus industry as broken. Ed Balls, shadow chancellor who may be pulling the purse strings on the nation's finances in a couple of months, do you really think National Express are going to pick them up in anything other than the best they have?

But surely if you had picked them up in a Trident or Spectra, it might have shown that public money needs to be invested in public transport, i know NE have pledged millions in investment over the next few years, but surely some oublic money would help out to!!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 14, 2015, 09:45:24 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 14, 2015, 09:27:13 PM

But surely if you had picked them up in a Trident or Spectra, it might have shown that public money needs to be invested in public transport, i know NE have pledged millions in investment over the next few years, but surely some oublic money would help out to!!!

NOOOOOOOOOO. That proves labour's point that Franchising is needed

Liberator9

I really doubt Ed Balls & co. would be pleased to see a 2002/2003 Trident come rolling up - NX used the opportunity to demonstrate how good their fleet investment is - it's like if you have guests over for dinner. You use the best cutlery usually - not the worst. We don't want politicians having ideas of franchising the bus system.

Stuharris 6360

No, but also why should politicians spend nothing on Public Transport and say nothing, until something goes wrong, then they start moaning. Like the Bearwood councillor who keeps moaning about the buses used, if he is so desperate for the 11 to have new buses, why don't the council contribute, it's only fair!

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 14, 2015, 09:57:20 PM
No, but also why should politicians spend nothing on Public Transport and say nothing, until something goes wrong, then they start moaning. Like the Bearwood councillor who keeps moaning about the buses used, if he is so desperate for the 11 to have new buses, why don't the council contribute, it's only fair!

I don't know any politician that says nothing!
It's what Michael Dugher said that's the worry
I want my taxes spent on things that cannot be provided commercially by companies, not things that can

Stuharris 6360

Obviously not an argument i am going to win.

the trainbasher

But the odds of Balls and Co getting a majority, let alone out of a hung parliament situation, is as likely as NXWM running the 002...

Plus didn't Scotland have nationalisation threatened and a "donation" occurred to one party who ended up getting elected made that idea go away.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

PM

Quote from: Tony on March 14, 2015, 10:03:05 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 14, 2015, 09:57:20 PM

I don't know any politician that says nothing!
It's what Michael Dugher said that's the worry
I want my taxes spent on things that cannot be provided commercially by companies, not things that can

As is often the case, I couldn't agree more.

As for the UK bus industry being "broken," some areas are experiencing more growth than ever before (Arriva North East) and generally there's sensible consolidation going on. Generally, reduced funding has actually improved services in some areas as operators want and need to grow services that actually serve the public better as opposed to simply looking good on paper.

Cutbacks have actually also chopped dead wood out of networks which is needed for growth to occur. GNE took a huge amount of mileage out of the network in 2006 and it's all been replaced and growth has been phenomenal and has occurred on corridors people want to actually travel on.

The answer to public transport isn't money, money, money I don't believe-it's let bus people get on with their jobs as opposed to simply interfering and shouting angrily from the sidelines.

Perhaps a better question to ask is why bus use in Wales is falling in direct contrast to England. Perhaps it's because BSOG and concessionary reimbursement rates were badly handled leaving operators in the lurch... Perhaps it's also because the "Welsh Assembly" has been funding services like the Cardiff Airport flyer requiring huge amounts of public subsidy.

Liverpool Street

...I am really upset they used a branded MMC...

Waaaaaaaaaaa booooo
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

CL

Like mentioned in the Noteworthy Workings thread:

4953 is still on the 24! The rear ad looks devine when the bus is 'patrolling' up Harborne Road, very fitting with the scenery, yet, I find it odd that WB loaned it's bus to BC. Then again, recent loans have been quite wild...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk