News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uniquicity

As a passenger the WB ones seem decent, although I'm probably brainwashed by the fact they are new and stand out like a sore thumb in WB

Sh4318

Quote from: uniquicity on June 23, 2014, 10:26:37 PM
As a passenger the WB ones seem decent, although I'm probably brainwashed by the fact they are new and stand out like a sore thumb in WB

@uniquicity I like them, but that's my personal opinion. I'd have an E200 over a B6 anyday, they run on my local route, the 46. They're more practical - from a passenger point of view, than a B6, and the loadings (on my end of the route anyway, Londonderry - West Bromwich) are more suited to a E200 than a Merc (Mercs and B6s used to operate on the 46).
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

James4368

Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Trident 4609

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on June 24, 2014, 03:50:56 PM
4907-60

Are the unbranded E400's used on the 60 in the week or do they use them all on the 24?

James4368

Quote from: Nathan on June 24, 2014, 04:14:02 PM
4907-60

Are the unbranded E400's used on the 60 in the week or do they use them all on the 24?

they use them on sundays on 60/60E and Monday-Friday and Saturdays are tridents
Local Bus Routes

Rob H

Quote from: Nathan on June 24, 2014, 04:14:02 PM
4907-60

There is usually one on the 60 in the week (except Saturdays) it operates an 876 to St Peter's RC School then runs dead to Cranes Park to work the 09:04 60 to Birmingham then stays on the 60 for most if not all day :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

James4368

Local Bus Routes

CL

808 or 809 on the 29A from Harborne, Green Man - Going into City around 8:11am this morning. Also, 4368 on the 24 again.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

JoNi

4425 on 900 with ad on nearside above door.

James4368

Local Bus Routes

Hello all , I have been following this website for a while now , great job tony and all those involved in keeping this site going.   The e200 adl bus is appalling bus,  cheap construction ,cab area rattle like mad, on some I,ve noticed trim coming loose around rear screen area not good. As a current serving driver of nearly 20 years my heart sank when I heard national express signed a  five year deal with adl. I hope the all new e400 enviro lives up  to the hype. I drive on a regular basis all types of b7tl,s some of the plaxton b7tl vehicles now nearly 15 years old wipe the floor against these new adl products

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: 2900 on June 25, 2014, 10:46:42 PM
Hello all , I have been following this website for a while now , great job tony and all those involved in keeping this site going.   The e200 adl bus is appalling bus,  cheap construction ,cab area rattle like mad, on some I,ve noticed trim coming loose around rear screen area not good. As a current serving driver of nearly 20 years my heart sank when I heard national express signed a  five year deal with adl. I hope the all new e400 enviro lives up  to the hype. I drive on a regular basis all types of b7tl,s some of the plaxton b7tl vehicles now nearly 15 years old wipe the floor against these new adl products

hello & welcome, strangely it isn't just National Express that have gone ADL crazy, a number of the London operators seem very keen on ther products, To be honest i would like to see a little variety added, but i suppose the price was right!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

What garage are you based, 2900?

And I agree somewhat, I think with EU stranglehold on emissions and speeds and pull offs etc etc have let out for what seems a poorer product.

When we compare the launch of the all-new Dennis Trident/ALX400 it came in leaps and bounds and when I've asked passengers they only really regard the Trident as the first "Proper New Bus" they've had. Even knowing about Presidents and Spectras, the Trident just seemed more advanced.

Unfortunately it seems the Trident is still - in my opinion - a much more revised product in comparison to the modern E400. (Never had the pleasure of the Trident chassis' E400's, except a slight memory of having 4801 on the 9 at BC...)

What's the manufactures obsession of having horrible buttons for the operation of the doors? Little horrible plastic flimsy buttons.

Give me a Trident any day.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

By powers of deduction, are you a WB driver? As they have a lot of fantastic B7's, love the ALX 400's and some dreadful Enviro 200's

I,ve done 5 years at Hockley garage brilliant place less than 200 drivers we all knew each other by name not numbers , great canteen , retired drivers came in every lunchtime to play cards , great characters with great story's to tell,  now at West Bromwich  less said the better.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk