News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Merry Hill better bus scheme

Started by Dylan4579, June 21, 2013, 09:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: D10 on June 22, 2013, 01:42:00 PM

I definitely agree that it would be nice for Tridents to be displaced from somewhere onto the 246. Not sure about B7RLEs on the 255 though as I am pretty sure that Double Decker capacity is needed on the 255.

D10,

I'd agree with both those points, refub'd Tridents on the 246 would be useful for increasing capacity. The 255 needs to retain double deckers as loading quite by quite high

danny

Is it possible all the mentioned routes may recieve new buses? I mean how many could 2.2million buy??
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

winston

Quote from: danny on June 22, 2013, 06:29:16 PM
Is it possible all the mentioned routes may recieve new buses? I mean how many could 2.2million buy??

Not at lot!

It would buy around 14-15 full size single deckers @ circa £150k each

or

17 x E200's  @ circa £130k each

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Winston on June 22, 2013, 06:37:20 PM

Not at lot!

or

Does anyone know the PVRs of the routes?
And, we must also remember that the 222 already has new buses.

Sh4318

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on June 22, 2013, 10:02:45 PM

Not at lot!

or

255/E is 8 or 9
246 is 10
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Shaun on June 22, 2013, 10:09:20 PM
Quote from: NXWM Spectra on June 22, 2013, 10:02:45 PM

Not at lot!

or

255/E is 8 or 9
246 is 10

Thanks Shaun. It looks like we won't be seeing as many new buses as I thought.

Kevin

Just wondering about the next stop announcements. If they get fitted to old buses (which someone has said on here is a possibility) - could the be heard? Just going on how loud a merc can get sometimes
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

nitromatt1

Quote from: Kevin on June 23, 2013, 10:33:04 PM
Just wondering about the next stop announcements. If they get fitted to old buses (which someone has said on here is a possibility) - could the be heard? Just going on how loud a merc can get sometimes

Let's hope not! I'd rather listen to an overrevving Merc than some annoying woman announcing every little cul-de-sac we go past

Sh4318

Quote from: Kevin on June 23, 2013, 10:33:04 PM

With multiple speakers, they could be, would there be any point fitting next stop announcements on Mercs & B6s which are to be withdrawn next year?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Dylan4579

It says on the scheme that money has been set aside; does that mean that nx werent going to upgrade the 222 but were going to upgrade the rest?

winston

Quote from: dgss1 on June 30, 2013, 08:25:05 PM
It says on the scheme that money has been set aside; does that mean that nx werent going to upgrade the 222 but were going to upgrade the rest?

Part of NX's commitment  to the scheme was to upgrade the 222

Roy

I understand that Centro and Westfield are dotting the i's and crossing the t's before signing the final agreement, which is why there has been no public announcement yet.

winston

Quote from: Roy on July 04, 2013, 01:49:37 PM
I understand that Centro and Westfield are dotting the i's and crossing the t's before signing the final agreement, which is why there has been no public announcement yet.

Thanks Roy,

I did do a search to see if there were any artists impressions or site plans, do you know if the scheme still involves re-developing / extending the current bus station. As the Centro/NXWM announcement states a new bus station?

It will be interesting to see where a temporary bus station will be located whilst building work in being undertaken

Roy

The last I heard was that the new bus station will be on the same site but will be increased in size by about 30%.  The new buses-only link road from Pedmore Road will come in between the pet shop and Matalan, while The Boulevard is intended to be widened.  I have no idea of the contingency plans to be put in place while the new station is being built.

I'm looking forward to the plans being made public.  Hopefully, it shouldn't be too long now.

winston

Quote from: Roy on July 04, 2013, 02:26:43 PM
The last I heard was that the new bus station will be on the same site but will be increased in size by about 30%.  The new buses-only link road from Pedmore Road will come in between the pet shop and Matalan, while The Boulevard is intended to be widened.  I have no idea of the contingency plans to be put in place while the new station is being built.

I'm looking forward to the plans being made public.  Hopefully, it shouldn't be too long now.

That's tie's in with what I last heard/saw announced, its a project that is long, long overdue....... if they ever want to seriously reduce the number of journeys be car they may need more capacity that 30% extra for potential future requirements of increased frequencies or new routes. The new bus station waiting areas ideally needs to be linked in to the old shopping centre entrances by the pet shop or Lloyds with enclosed glass or fabric canopies to allow bus passengers to jump straight off the bus & in to the shopping centre without being exposed to the elements during the winter months. That said the bus only road will effectively cut-off access between the pet shop entrance & Matalan, things may become more clearer when a proposed site plan is released, it doesn't sound as though in will now we complete until mid 2014 at the earliest?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk