News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wessex Gemini 2

Started by BU07 LGO, June 20, 2013, 06:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

Hi just saw a Wessex gem 2 on the 16 in hamstead. Is this a transfer?

winston

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 20, 2013, 06:20:42 PM

At one time, Wessex used to transfer UWE buses up to Birmingham for storage at Long Acre over the summer, don't recall any of them being used in service though

Ash

Since the versa's have gone on the signature services long acre seem to be short of buses with the emission ruling hence the enviro 200 has returned back to Long acre from Tividale.

Ash

Quote from: Winston on June 20, 2013, 06:24:37 PM

At one time, Wessex used to transfer UWE buses up to Birmingham for storage at Long Acre over the summer, don't recall any of them being used in service though

I remember seeing a centro UWE one a 07 or 57 reg one on the 10H within the last couple of years over the summer but agree they rarely get used in service.

Dylan4579

Probaly for redditch after long acre re paint

fleetline6477

Quote from: Winston on June 20, 2013, 06:24:37 PM

Before CC withdrew from 192 UWE livereid vehicles were commonplace during one Summer and actually appeared to be the common allocation for a short time.

Liverpool Street

I've also seen it this evening. Looks smart in that livery with "Transport for Bristol" on the back. Very nice.

If NXWM livery was half as good as that, we might have something worth taking a photo of.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

tank90

Quote from: The Rat on June 20, 2013, 10:43:03 PM

I've also seen it this evening. Looks smart in that livery with "Transport for Bristol" on the back. Very nice.

If NXWM livery was half as good as that, we might have something worth taking a photo of.
Do you mean NXWM or Diamond because the NXWM is more interesting than blue?
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

John

Liverpool Street

Quote from: tank90 on June 20, 2013, 11:12:45 PM
Quote from: The Rat on June 20, 2013, 10:43:03 PM

Do you mean NXWM or Diamond because the NXWM is more interesting than blue?

I'm saying if NXWM livery was half as good as that Wessex one, it'll be better then the polish flag livery they have now
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Ash

May be it might be a good idea to use some of the wessex red buses that are not needed over the summer due to the uni break at Redditch and Kidderminster to increase the capacity on the services that are seeing overcrowding.

Cedric

Quote from: Ash on June 21, 2013, 05:37:36 PM
May be it might be a good idea to use some of the wessex red buses that are not needed over the summer due to the uni break at Redditch and Kidderminster to increase the capacity on the services that are seeing overcrowding.
yes we could do with bigger in Kidderminster and  Redditch
diamond 8\10/125/292

Dylan4579

Quote from: bewminster on June 21, 2013, 09:24:58 PM
Kidderminster doesn't need deckers

tank90

Quote from: dgss1 on June 21, 2013, 09:32:00 PM
Quote from: bewminster on June 21, 2013, 09:24:58 PM
Kidderminster doesn't need deckers
that is true but some of the darts from redditch could move to kidder as the deckers come to redditch, then everyone is a winner, that then gives Rotala time to sort everthing out for September so there isnt a mess.
As a talking Meerkat would say "Simples *speak*"
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

BU07 LGO

Quote from: John on June 21, 2013, 09:01:16 AM
Is it out again today?
sorry, only just managed to get on here but yes it was out today, but had police following it so didn't fancy taking a cheeky pic whilst I drove past ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk