News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wayfarer Ticket Machines

Started by nitromatt1, June 17, 2013, 02:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Something I've always wondered - occasionally ticket machines make a series of four bleeps, descending in pitch, at apparently random times. Why is this?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 17, 2013, 02:00:34 PM
Something I've always wondered - occasionally ticket machines make a series of four bleeps, descending in pitch, at apparently random times. Why is this?

Either the Option screen (Daysaver etc) returns to Home Screen (To show single fares etc)

or

The Screen goes blank automatically after about 5minutes. (Or press + / - and it goes blank for night driving etc)

Both result in the 4 beep tone.

Not to be confused with the smartcard reader fault/low tickets.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: The Rat on June 17, 2013, 02:11:35 PM

Either the Option screen (Daysaver etc) returns to Home Screen (To show single fares etc)

or

The Screen goes blank automatically after about 5minutes. (Or press + / - and it goes blank for night driving etc)

Thanks! You do seem to know your stuff. Are you a driver?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 17, 2013, 04:55:21 PM
Quote from: The Rat on June 17, 2013, 02:11:35 PM

or

Thanks! You do seem to know your stuff. Are you a driver?

Only a decade doing it  ;)

Nice to meet ya, Matty.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Liverpool Street

Sorry, I should've mentioned the Daysaver option screen resets to the main screen after about 30-45 seconds (It's only a short time). But the main ticket screen with the single fares on stays on for 5ish minutes then the 4 beep tone which you're talking about sounds. I think that makes sense... :o
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

Thanks for that :) i was also curious what that noise is.

Are you a driver at BC?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 17, 2013, 05:13:49 PM
Thanks for that :) i was also curious what that noise is.

Are you a driver at BC?

Indeed I am. Although I do hold an interest in all garages, but only hold fleet lists for BC and YW. Really it should be BY and BC, as they're both linked but Bordesley are boring.
until it cought fire

vinh1000

That sound can get annoying but sounds good
Its nice to see the Wayfarer has so many options on it :P
The Other menu is a bit interestng (apparantly im told if 5 different drivers press the Fraud/Anomaly button the inspectors come out) and I bet the Drug button is used a lot lol :P

What are the 3 beeps for btw? (usually heard if after entering journey number/route number/and stage to start at) and then pressing enter to confirm and sometimes it makes these 3 beeps but not always :)

Liverpool Street

Quote from: vinh1000 on June 17, 2013, 06:20:24 PM
The Other menu is a bit interestng (apparantly im told if 5 different drivers press the Fraud/Anomaly button the inspectors come out) and I bet the Drug button is used a lot lol :P

What are the 3 beeps for btw? (usually heard if after entering journey number/route number/and stage to start at) and then pressing enter to confirm and sometimes it makes these 3 beeps but not always :)

If I think I know what you're on about. It alerts the driver that the printer is low on tickets. Hardly any of the sensors work correctly so press any key to clear. That sound warns the driver there is an ALERT on the screen. That's if I've got the correct jist of what you're saying.
until it cought fire

vinh1000

Quote from: The Rat on June 17, 2013, 06:28:21 PM
Quote from: vinh1000 on June 17, 2013, 06:20:24 PM

If I think I know what you're on about. It alerts the driver that the printer is low on tickets. Hardly any of the sensors work correctly so press any key to clear. That sound warns the driver there is an ALERT on the screen. That's if I've got the correct jist of what you're saying.

Steveminor

It is a low ticket warning for the remote printer, as this is not on any other operators machines(driver doesn't have to leave can to check the roll.
The volume can be turned down or even off. I know & AMPM it was preset to a medium volume & the drivers would adjust it to their personal preference.

PM

They do driver reports after each trip dont they-well the diamond ones do showing how much a driver has made on that shift

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Peter123 on July 02, 2013, 07:55:53 PM
They do driver reports after each trip dont they-well the diamond ones do showing how much a driver has made on that shift

Not to my knowledge. Just what should be in the vault in total.
until it cought fire

Ash

At the end of the shift the diamond drivers scan there ID card and a ticket prints out showing the cash they have taken and the number of passes they have accepted etc. There is also a cancel ticket but on the diamond ones and another ticket prints out when this happens the wayfarer screen turns red and seems to block the driver from using the ticket machine for about a minute.

Liverpool Street

Nope, not on NX machines. The management only really care about Centro-claiming fraud regarding our drivers.
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk