News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Learning Routes

Started by domino.99, June 16, 2013, 11:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domino.99

Hi Guys

Just wandering again how do you guys learn routes or do you not learn them and just follow them? I got on the 246 for the first time yesterday annoyingly there was diversion on it but i leart the whole route apart from how to get into stourbridge  bus station but do you learn routes easily or hard?

Sh4318

Quote from: domino.99 on June 16, 2013, 11:19:49 AM
Hi Guys

Just wandering again how do you guys learn routes or do you not learn them and just follow them? I got on the 246 for the first time yesterday annoyingly there was diversion on it but i leart the whole route apart from how to get into stourbridge  bus station but do you learn routes easily or hard?

The 246 is pretty much a straight line for the most part. The only way to really learn routes is to use them
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Kevin

Just from travelling on them really, usually if im on a new route I follow where im going on Network West Midlands maps. Generally over time I've come to remember most routes
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Ashley 4569

When i first became adventurous id stick to straight routes i already knew but gradually id just pick ones i knew to be decent enough and initially it was guess work where to get off, where you can connect with another route but now i think im alright at it. Which routes would you like to learn out of interest?

domino.99

Quote from: Ashley 4569 on June 16, 2013, 01:38:49 PM
When i first became adventurous id stick to straight routes i already knew but gradually id just pick ones i knew to be decent enough and initially it was guess work where to get off, where you can connect with another route but now i think im alright at it. Which routes would you like to learn out of interest?

I like to learn any route in all honesty aslong as its in a area i know

Westy

Last Saturday,instead of catching a 74 from Dudley to Great Bridge, I caught the 43 instead.

It made a change.

One of the days, instead of catching an X51 from Walsall to Brum, I might catch a 934 or a 997.

Lukeee

Quote from: Westy on June 16, 2013, 04:07:21 PM
Last Saturday,instead of catching a 74 from Dudley to Great Bridge, I caught the 43 instead.

It made a change.

One of the days, instead of catching an X51 from Walsall to Brum, I might catch a 934 or a 997.

You could be real adventuress and catch the regular 51  ;)

Ashley 4569

...Or even better a 935 :)

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Sorry to slightly hijack this thread but is there really the need for all these Walsall to Birmingham services? There's 4 at the very least! I have personally only used the X51

Ashley 4569

They all follow different routes as such, for example the 997 is the only NXWM service that connects aldridge with birmingham and is the only service i believe that runs between rushall and barr beacon, the others i think make sure every street in pheasey has a bus service so it seems

Trident 4609

Quote from: domino.99 on June 16, 2013, 03:07:23 PM
Quote from: Ashley 4569 on June 16, 2013, 01:38:49 PM

I like to learn any route in all honesty aslong as its in a area i know

I started off with local Wolverhampton Routes a few years ago and i have gradually rode on new routes. Now me and Matt go on the bus now we go to places where maybe i'm not as familiar with like Birmingham.

Ex pensnett driver

I drove round with route description in my car and now know all routes in PE

Westy

Quote from: Lukeee on June 16, 2013, 05:49:19 PM
Quote from: Westy on June 16, 2013, 04:07:21 PM

It made a change.

You could be real adventuress and catch the regular 51  ;)

I try to avoid the 51 where possible.

I have done the 935 & the 'old' 997 though.

JackC

Quote from: Ashley 4569 on June 16, 2013, 06:07:07 PM
the 997 is the only NXWM service that connects aldridge with birmingham

Forgetting the 936?

JB93

Go on the NXWM website and there's route maps using Google Maps, just follow it along on StreetView if you don't have the time to go out and get the actual bus. It's what I used to do, and I still do it to figure out which routes to go out and try.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk