News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Where next for MM.

Started by RW, June 13, 2013, 04:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 16, 2013, 09:24:27 PM
Quote from: D10 on June 16, 2013, 09:12:41 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 16, 2013, 08:57:37 PM
Quote from: Roy on June 16, 2013, 08:30:03 PM
As I said in my previous post, the track is being relayed south of Pleck Junction to provide a turn-round loop for freight trains coming off the Sutton Park Line and heading towards Rugeley Power Station.  I don't know where they run the engine round the train at present - I guess it is either at Walsall or Bescot. 

It will mean a bit less to restore if they reopen the Round Oak to Pleck Junction line in the future.

Don't think a Stourbridge to Walsall passenger service would ever be viable, surely Stourbridge Junction is already crowded enough without adding additional services.

I am sure there was talk of extending the 2 trains per hour that currently terminate there to Kidderminster. Not sure if that will happen, but that would help as currently trains terminating at Stourbridge Junction wait to go back to Brum in Platform 3, or have to cross over to Platform 2.

I thought that trains from Brum could now terminate in platform 2?

Trains to Birmingham can terminate at either Platform 2 and 3, however, the stopping services (Stratford/Dorridge to Stourbridge) usually depart from Platform 3 because the xx:19 and xx:49 services (from Worcester stations and/or Malvern) are often still using Platform 2 when they arrive, all stoppers with the exception of the 08:54 (Stourbridge to Stratford) & occasionally the 13:39 (Stourbrdige to Whitlock's End) use Platform 3, as far as I know
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk