News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry - Leamington for £3.70 return

Started by Justin Tyme, June 09, 2013, 04:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Tyme

I decided to try out Stagecoach X15/X18 from Coventry to Leamington and back on Saturday - a high speed double deck run along the A46.

I was surprised to find the fare was only £3.70 (adult) return.  For the record I had Tridents both ways rather than the Scanias I was hoping for, and delays at the Stratford end affected timekeeping,  but it was well worth the money! 

Tony

Quote from: Justin Tyme on June 09, 2013, 04:26:29 PM
I decided to try out Stagecoach X15/X18 from Coventry to Leamington and back on Saturday - a high speed double deck run along the A46.

I was surprised to find the fare was only £3.70 (adult) return.  For the record I had Tridents both ways rather than the Scanias I was hoping for, and delays at the Stratford end affected timekeeping,  but it was well worth the money!

A very similar price to a NX Coventry daysaver also valid from Coventry to Leamington Spa but on a slower route. Might explain where Stagecoach get their price from though

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Tony on June 09, 2013, 05:44:37 PM
Quote from: Justin Tyme on June 09, 2013, 04:26:29 PM

A very similar price to a NX Coventry daysaver also valid from Coventry to Leamington Spa but on a slower route. Might explain where Stagecoach get their price from though

That must be the reason.  Thanks Tony.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk