News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

solihull signature changes

Started by Solo1, June 07, 2013, 05:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

just seen another of the x 16 inthe grey livery looked like GUD as bus our bus was turning how many of the veras are now in the grey

Liberator9

I'd guess about 4 Hybrids are in grey signature now. They've been on the S2 and S3 for a few weeks now, even in black diamond livery. Are these buses going to have onboard announcements, as I saw this was a feature mentioned on the Diamond website?

Solo1

as its now day 4 of teh changes in Solihull any one got a breakdown of what buses they are now using S2 S3 S4 82 88 services thanks

Liberator9

At the moment the S2, S3, S4 and 88 are using the Hybrid Versas along with the 10 reg Optare Solo SRs. The 82 I think is still fortunately the Citaros. Basically there hasn't been much change except there's more Hybrids now than last week.

bwsau cymru

There is one of the solos working the 82 12:15 from cov today
campaigning for better transport for all

Stu

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 13, 2013, 11:33:01 AM
At the moment the S2, S3, S4 and 88 are using the Hybrid Versas along with the 10 reg Optare Solo SRs. The 82 I think is still fortunately the Citaros. Basically there hasn't been much change except there's more Hybrids now than last week.

Some of the 82 and 88 journeys interchange at Solihull station, so surely both these routes use the same buses?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Stu on June 13, 2013, 06:47:21 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on June 13, 2013, 11:33:01 AM

Some of the 82 and 88 journeys interchange at Solihull station, so surely both these routes use the same buses?

Today, and yesterday, on the 82/88 there was one Citaro, one standard Versa and one SR. The S3 seems to be fully hybrid, with the S2/4 hybrid and SRs.

Liberator9

So what has happened to the other 2 Citaros I wonder?

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 13, 2013, 08:05:27 PM
So what has happened to the other 2 Citaros I wonder?

BN09FWS has been off the road for ages, BF60OFA was on the 82/88 Monday i think, so I'm not sure about that one

Liberator9

Anyone know why the 09 reg Citaro has been off the road?

Stu

Saw 30134 on the 30 earlier, still in black.

Call me pedantic, but I wish they'd program the LED displays a little better. The front read:

Acocks Green
Olton Station

The lower line also alternated to
Solihull Town    Prospect Lane

in really thin lettering.

The driver also didn't bother switching the destination when he turned round at the village, as it headed straight back out toward Solihull still showing the same!  >:(
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

John

vinh1000

Quote from: Stu on June 15, 2013, 04:31:25 PM
Saw 30134 on the 30 earlier, still in black.

Call me pedantic, but I wish they'd program the LED displays a little better. The front read:

Acocks Green
Olton Station

The lower line also alternated to
Solihull Town    Prospect Lane

in really thin lettering.

The driver also didn't bother switching the destination when he turned round at the village, as it headed straight back out toward Solihull still showing the same!  >:(
Same on 16
The 2nd line is hard to read sometimes
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Ash

The signature hybrid versa's look fantastic very smart, probably the best livery from the rotala group. 

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Do you think the Hybrids were for the Signature services right from the beginning as they really didn't seem to fill a purpose at Tividale often being put on unsuitable routes, I'm glad they have found a home and a job and glad they are way out of my territory as I really didn't like to travel on them at all! Cramped, noisy unreliable things

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk