News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rewriting Geography/Short Journeys

Started by Russ Smith, June 05, 2013, 07:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Smith

Hi guys, new here, thought it's about time I posted.

I just caught this http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3701/8962047046_ab918892fe_o.jpg (awful quality sorry) - a 98E from Rednal to Selly Oak, via QE Hospital! (I'm presuming a destination from the outbound journey).

I was just wondering if others had seen NX rewriting geography elsewhere, or any other interesting short workings?

Trident 4609

There were a fair few interesting Shortened workings during yhe heavy snow disruptons.

Lukeee

Not exactly re-writting geography but when Metros were on the 28, the 'E' workings used to display Erdington Six Ways via Erdington

danny

In the storms the 22, 23 and 29 all said California, was on my way to the partners and thought a hybrid was taking me off to the sun, in reality I had to trek to jiggins lane from the temp terminus Hehe
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Smethwickian

I've occasionally seen short journeys on the 11A displaying "Bearwood (High Street)". There is no such street or road name. The main shopping street through Bearwood is Bearwood Road.

Mike K

Quote from: Smethwickian on June 07, 2013, 09:54:05 AM
I've occasionally seen short journeys on the 11A displaying "Bearwood (High Street)". There is no such street or road name. The main shopping street through Bearwood is Bearwood Road.

Route branding rather than destination blinds, but after Matthew Boulton college was relocated, the branding on the 45/47 was amended to show "Belgrave Road", which doesn't exist - it's Belgrave Middleway.

Stu

Quote from: Smethwickian on June 07, 2013, 09:54:05 AM

I've noticed that before!

The other one that springs to mind is some 31A journeys showing "Robin Hood Island" then underneath "School Road". School Road is further up the Stratford Road / Fox Hollies Road / Shirley Road in Hall Green.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

One I don't particularly understand is the bus im on as I type this, 72E apparently only goes to Solihul town, so much shorter than its full working to Solihul station that it requires the, lets be honest, misleading "E" suffix on the number
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

fleetline6477

Quote from: Kevin on June 09, 2013, 08:41:50 AM
One I don't particularly understand is the bus im on as I type this, 72E apparently only goes to Solihul town, so much shorter than its full working to Solihul station that it requires the, lets be honest, misleading "E" suffix on the number

From my memory Claribel's 71 and 72 have always displayed E not due to the Solihull end but because they terminate at Chelmsley Wood instead of continuing to Sutton / Birmingham.

fleetline6477

When Diamond Bus ran on the 103 the window destination boards displayed Ford Dwellings rather than Four Dwellings.

Kevin_Brum12

Seen today, a Diamond 27 operating to "HAWKSLEY" - (of course there is an "E" missing...)

JackC

On more than one occasion when a Merc was running the WB 80, the blinds would be showing Smethwick Blue Gates via Smethwick Blue Gates  ::)

4130Quinton

Quote from: danny on June 05, 2013, 09:50:24 PM
In the storms the 22, 23 and 29 all said California, was on my way to the partners and thought a hybrid was taking me off to the sun, in reality I had to trek to jiggins lane from the temp terminus Hehe

At least NXWM are keeping the California name alive as it has now vanished from the current maps both paper and on the web. I like the "E" suffix for short workings, something that is unique to the area.

Kevin

This morning (possibly something to do with new routes not being programmed in yet) I caught the 66E to work from the city centre heading to "Erdington via Kingstanding"
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk