News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Losing the plot!

Started by RW, May 30, 2013, 12:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwsau cymru

Dean finch doeent like scania so very sadly cant see that happen but I would love to see it! Anyone know if mcv managed to secure any orders from nx?
campaigning for better transport for all

winston

Quote from: dannygill on May 31, 2013, 12:18:13 PM
Dean finch doeent like scania so very sadly cant see that happen but I would love to see it! Anyone know if mcv managed to secure any orders from nx?

You never know if Scania are keen enough to get back in with NX and the price was right?

Can't see NX ordering any MCV's, the MCV's only seem to be selling to small independents in small quantities, no fleet orders have been placed that I'm aware of

Andrew1991

Quote from: Winston on May 31, 2013, 10:22:32 AM
Quote from: paulb1973 on May 31, 2013, 10:12:02 AM
Quote from: Winston on May 31, 2013, 12:17:25 AM
Quote from: paulb1973 on May 30, 2013, 09:48:30 PM
I had the missing 15 as further Volvo B7RLE (a theoretical 2178-92 - well up to 2193 but that was before the purchase of 2153, which I assume is counted in this 130 total). Another 45 Enviro400 will take fleet numbers up to 4939 presumably - and the 5000 mark will be broken with any further double-deck orders. Obviously the hybrids are already in the 5xxx series.

Hi Paul,

Is this missing 15 further Volvo B7RLE more of an assumption or an actual confirmed order?

Treat that as an assumption and not confirmed. I keep abreast of NX developments on here, the WMBus Yahoo group & various sources on the internet etc - and keep a small MS Word file on the whole fleet. I had it as 40 Volvo B7RLE arriving - but I'm not sure where I got that info from! So don't take that as given. I suppose NX could get 15 vehicles of a completely different design, assuming they are on order at-all. But logic suggests further Volvo B7RLE/Enviro400 - I don't think any more Enviro200's or Hybrids are due.

Thanks Paul,

I guess the other 15 could be another batch of B7RLE or possibly even Enviro 200's as there are still 40 x B6LE in service + Dundee still have quite a few elderly Solo's left in service. Not sure why NX are so cagey these days about announcing order breakdowns, I can understand them not wanting to announce to the competition what routes they are intending to upgrade etc for commercial reasons.

I'm still thinking NX may bring forward some/all of the 2014 order to be able to buy more Euro 5 buses, rather than having to buy more expensive Euro 6 models. I believe NX's current standard single & double deck models will both be changing, I think I read ADL were giving the E400 a facelift and the B7RLE will become the B8RLE

I'm guessing the e400 will look similar to the futura then

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk