News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

90 to Chelmsley

Started by Gareth, May 19, 2013, 10:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: JB93 on May 30, 2013, 05:40:00 PM
Saw another Trident displaying Chelmsley today, can't remember for the life of me it's fleetnumber. I know it had a strange small Travel West Midlands logo above the door that I've not seen on any other Trident, and it was still in TWM livery.

Yes thats definetley 4328. Use to be based at WN then WA and now BC

monkeyjoe

I have seen an example on the 47, the displays fluctuate between Cofton and Cofton Park, with more details on the areas they pass through.

I believe the same is the 90 where is fluctuates between Chelmsley and Chelmsley wood via Coleshill etc etc. So seems an improvement in providing more info.

Gareth

I'm not sure, but I don't think it does change between the two. Only the via points change via Coleshil and via Fox and Goose.

I've also seen a new destination on the 46, with ASTON and LOZELLS in huge letters and no service number after the ultimate destination screen.

JB93

No it didn't change, it just stayed as Chelmsley, I watched it come up the Priory Queensway

Rob H

Quote from: Trident 4609 on May 30, 2013, 06:55:29 PM

Between WA & BC it went to YW ;)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Mike K

BC seem to regularly tinker with their destination displays, and not always for the better. The 61, which used to display multiple 'via' points now just shows Frankley Holly Hill via Bristol Road, whereas the 63 shows via B'ville College and via Rubery. No mention of Bristol Rd, Selly Oak, Northfield etc - very inconsistent. The X64 seems to have an experimental type display with a lower case x and multiple places served but without 'via' or 'and'.

I've also noticed that most routes now show Birmingham City Centre inbound, rather than Birmingham Colmore Row, New St Station etc.

vinh1000

Quote from: Gareth on May 31, 2013, 01:28:16 AM
I'm not sure, but I don't think it does change between the two. Only the via points change via Coleshil and via Fox and Goose.

I've also seen a new destination on the 46, with ASTON and LOZELLS in huge letters and no service number after the ultimate destination screen.
been like that for a while
Some guy programmed these buses differently
some say full destination some dont
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Trident 4609

Quote from: Rob4367 on May 31, 2013, 08:12:54 AM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on May 30, 2013, 06:55:29 PM

Between WA & BC it went to YW ;)

Oh i forgot  ;) Thanks :)

JB93

On the electronic real time display stops on Priory Queensway the other day it was showing "56 - Fordbridge", rather than Kingshurst. I know it terminates on Fordbridge Road but...

Gareth

The stops on Priory Queensway are still the wrong way round, almost a year after they were changed around The 56,72 and 90 stop showing Towards Chelmsley Wood and the 55,94 stop showing towards Bromford Bridge.

BU07 LGO

I saw a 51 enviro today displaying "51 Walsall" then it alternated to the severe weather disruptions screen! Quite ironic on such a sunny day!!

CL

This has the same effect on the 47, until AFTER it says "Via Pershore Road" for Example, it will say that the 47 goes to Coften, It does switch bettwen via... & Hackett, and I must say, It all could just fit onto one whole line!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Steveminor

Could be wrong but i think it's a symptom of using the same programme for both the flip dot & the led displays, plus to make matters worse Hanover have about 3 different models of each. Therefore if you are using programming in the destinations on the software it may look slightly (or even very) different on different buses etc.

John

4143 was displaying 90 Chelmsley today

Dylan4579

the X64 now has a lower case x

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk