News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry bus Changes on the 9 June

Started by 6013, May 14, 2013, 10:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

The 27 reappears in its old guise having been replaced in 1985 by the 1.
It will apparently turn round at the roundabout before the Toll Bar island.

Revised services 2 and 3 provide reduced 10 minute service to Cheylesmore, which will hopefully perform more reliably than the 2,3/A.
Overall the revised 2, 3, 23 and 27 seems to require one less bus due to this frequency reduction.

paulb1973

Quote from: JoNi on May 16, 2013, 01:47:49 PM
The 27 reappears in its old guise having been replaced in 1985 by the 1.
It will apparently turn round at the roundabout before the Toll Bar island.

Revised services 2 and 3 provide reduced 10 minute service to Cheylesmore, which will hopefully perform more reliably than the 2,3/A.
Overall the revised 2, 3, 23 and 27 seems to require one less bus due to this frequency reduction.

Oh, there is a fairly new bus shelter more-or-less on the roundabout, which the 27 presumably won't be using then. I recall the old service 27 - operated with the 37/47 and the rarely seen 57 which terminated at the Stonebridge Industrial Estate on Rowley Drive. If must have been 1985 when the 1 was cross-linked to Toll Bar End and the Stoke Heath segment was ditched.

Stu

Quote from: windy miller on May 16, 2013, 03:08:47 AM
I know very little about Coventry bus services. I would like to visit the Maudslay hotel on the Allesley old road on a weekday evening but I was told I needed to catch a 10 or a 23a :-\ Bus...
(No idea where from)...But when I checked these No's the 23 appeared to be a school bus and the 10 only runs every 30 mins in the evenings.  can I get there from the rail station?  either direct or via pool meadow?

Looks like from Pool Meadow bus station, the 10 to Eastern Green is the only bus that goes there.

You can always plan your journey at the Network West Midlands website:
http://jp.networkwestmidlands.com/centro/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

bwsau cymru

is the 4 busy on match/event days at ricoh? I just thought that taking the bendys off the 27 and coming up with the 4 was so that the bendys went to the ricoh during the olypics. the route does seem to be a little quiet
campaigning for better transport for all

JoNi

The Bendys were put on the 4 as there was nowhere else to put them.
Timetables were published at the time of the Coventry Network Review with headers claiming the 12 was going to run from University Hospital to Warwick University presumably using both the old now scrapped Bendys and the ones that are still in use in Coventry. This plan came to nought.

At recent Your Passenger Transport Matters events one of the managers stated the Bendys are expected to remain in Coventry for another five to six years.
They are not used on Sundays so that non Bendy trained drivers can be used at short notice.

bwsau cymru

Quote from: JoNi on May 16, 2013, 10:08:13 PM
The Bendys were put on the 4 as there was nowhere else to put them.
Timetables were published at the time of the Coventry Network Review with headers claiming the 12 was going to run from University Hospital to Warwick University presumably using both the old now scrapped Bendys and the ones that are still in use in Coventry. This plan came to nought.

At recent Your Passenger Transport Matters events one of the managers stated the Bendys are expected to remain in Coventry for another five to six years.
They are not used on Sundays so that non Bendy trained drivers can be used at short notice.

that's good that they are staying. I think they are a much miss understood vehicle that has been alienated by borris (the only think I don't like about him). I honestly would love nx to buy a load of them would be brilliant for quite a few routes.
campaigning for better transport for all

Service 4 are bit busy but between City Centre to University Hospital 4 are most busy than city centre and Arena Park.
6001-6011 been scrapped because they are fuel Guezz!! Service 21 are more busy than 4! Service 11/12 are very busy than 21 because they operate on Double Decker.

.... And I heard some cov drivers still going up training for driving the bendibuses. I saw 5 drivers cov been complete training then can use on 4 and 21 use bendi.

- Look quite a lots Asian drivers on the 11/12 route than other route.
I'm dislike double decker! I love a bendy buses!

Don't ask to me about Double Decker and only talk me for Single Decker and Bendy buses.

6004 T604 MOA .... 6005 T605 MOA ... 6008 T608 MOA .... 6013 BJ03 ESN ....

Gareth

Quote from: 6013 on May 18, 2013, 10:58:13 AM

- Look quite a lots Asian drivers on the 11/12 route than other route.

Totally irrelevant to anything

Major changes to routes 2 & 3 & new route 23:
We are making significant changes to the frequency and route of these services as a result of customer feedback.

Route 2 from Allesley Park to the City Centre will be renumbered as new route 23 and will now terminate at Pool Meadow Bus Station. The frequency of buses will remain the same.
Routes 2 & 3 between Cheylesmore and the City Centre will combine to provide a bus every 10 minutes Monday-Saturday, with a bus every 20 minutes on each route.
Both routes will join together (as a circular service) at Cheylesmore which will enable customers to make through journeys to access Baginton Road Shops.
As a result, Knoll Drive, Postbridge Road and Dawlish Road will no longer be served but nearby Baginton Road and The Chesils will have a more frequent service on both sides of the road.

Major changes to routes 3A & 7 & new routes 27 & 27A:
We are making significant changes to the frequency and route of these services as a result of customer feedback to improve reliability.

Route 3A will be withdrawn and replaced with new route 27.
Route 7 between Middlemarch Business Park and the City Centre will be renumbered as new route 27A.
New route 27 will operate from the City Centre to Toll Bar End via London Road, Whitley and Willenhall every 60 minutes Monday-Saturday daytimes.
At off-peak times the 27 will offer a quicker journey to Toll Bar End for Middlemarch Business Park.
New route 27A will operate from Pool Meadow Bus Station to Middlemarch Business Park via London Road every 30 minutes Monday-Friday peak times.
I'm dislike double decker! I love a bendy buses!

Don't ask to me about Double Decker and only talk me for Single Decker and Bendy buses.

6004 T604 MOA .... 6005 T605 MOA ... 6008 T608 MOA .... 6013 BJ03 ESN ....

JoNi

Centro have started putting up new bus stop flags. Quinton Road has new flags with no 3A. Their van was seen in Holyhead Road this morning installing a new flag. Haven't seen any with De Courceys outer circle 360 yet.

JPC

The Black Prince Avenue lay-by stop flag now displays routes 2, 3 and 360A.  :D

Quote from: JoNi on May 23, 2013, 01:37:53 PM
Centro have started putting up new bus stop flags. Quinton Road has new flags with no 3A. Their van was seen in Holyhead Road this morning installing a new flag. Haven't seen any with De Courceys outer circle 360 yet.

JoNi

Thanks JPC.

Looked round Whitley this evening.

New London Road/Tonbridge Road outbound stop has 380A on it, while new London Road/Abbey Road outbound stop has 360C (wrong direction) on it despite having the correct towards Willenhall shown!

JPC

Valandil

As well as being very badly written, some of that article is just plain wrong!
What is going on with the photo at the top?

If those really are direct quotes from the councillor, then that is quite worrying too.

Dylan4579

Plaxton centro, Centro? This reporter has clearly typed 'centro bus' in google and does'nt have a clue about buses

Quote from: Valandil on May 27, 2013, 05:59:53 PM
As well as being very badly written, some of that article is just plain wrong!
What is going on with the photo at the top?

If those really are direct quotes from the councillor, then that is quite worrying too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk