News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva Sapphire

Started by Dylan4579, May 06, 2013, 12:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Full marks to anyone that can come up with the correct location for the attached photo

Westy

Went on my first Sapphire today between my stop & Walsall.(Mother can't walk far sometimes, plus it was only 60p with an Nx pass!)

Couldn't get the Wi Fi to work though.

What really annoyed me, where some stops were listed incorrectly.

The next stop down from me is Addenbrooke Street, not Addenbrook Road(Mind you Centro hasn't helped by labelling the stop incorrectly too!), then 2 stops down from the Walsall NX depot is Forest Lane, not Forest Avenue.

Then again, from a company that refers to the Blakenall area of Walsall as 'Blakenhall' on several occasions in the past, it doesn't surprise me!

Bob

Did you get a jerky geared streetlite or one of the slightly less awful ones of the batch?

Westy

Quote from: Bob on February 17, 2015, 04:32:14 PM
Did you get a jerky geared streetlite or one of the slightly less awful ones of the batch?

Havent a clue.

Think I might have the ticket somewhere.

I'll remember to fish it out & see which number it was.

It was the one that arrived in Bloxwich around 1115 though!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on February 17, 2015, 08:48:33 PM
Quote from: Bob on February 17, 2015, 04:32:14 PM

Havent a clue.

Think I might have the ticket somewhere.

I'll remember to fish it out & see which number it was.

It was the one that arrived in Bloxwich around 1115 though!

If you didn't notice then it obviously wasn't giving that bad a ride

Kevin_Brum12

Be warned if you have an NXWM pass and decide to use the 110 on a Saturday or Sunday, thinking there only be a 70p supplement.

According to the driver of my bus today, the 70p supplement only applies on Monday to Fridays.  Saturdays and Sundays the full normal fare is charged (£2.20 for Birmingham - Sutton Coldfield).

Trident 4609

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on February 22, 2015, 10:43:59 PM
Be warned if you have an NXWM pass and decide to use the 110 on a Saturday or Sunday, thinking there only be a 70p supplement.

According to the driver of my bus today, the 70p supplement only applies on Monday to Fridays.  Saturdays and Sundays the full normal fare is charged (£2.20 for Birmingham - Sutton Coldfield).
The NX pass supplement is 60p and it is common knowledge (Mentions it on the notice on the side of the bus)

Bob

Is there a two tier Sapphire interior? Previous e400s in other areas have had luxurious upstairs interiors and the most recent ones that operate in chester the 15 plate onss have this too. Other ones such as Derbys have a more basic seating arrangement

trixmax

You will find that it is only Arriva NE&W Chester/Rhyl/Wrexham Depot's are like this

trixmax

Sorry should read Arriva NW&W

Bob

Westy

Guess this is probably down to recent mishaps elsewhere, but the one Sapphire single decker on the 2 / 2a today has a panel a slightly different shade of blue plus half a fleetname 'Sapph' !

Bob

I bet that looks great. ...

Westy

Anyone along the line of route had the latest Cannock Sapphire leaflet, complete with a couple of discount vouchers for Daysavers, if you buy off the driver?

barry619

Quote from: Bob on March 28, 2015, 09:34:50 PM
Wonder why that is
The ones in Wales have been specified as they are upstairs specifically by the MD there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk