News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cannock/hednesford to brum for work

Started by Bob, April 28, 2013, 11:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Can anyone help with this? I might be moving to work at our main office in brum, and will be travelling to & from Cannock or henesford. Can anyone tell me which ticket I would have to get monthly, how much where would I buy it etc also how much would it cost per month for the X51 bus? Thanx

Tony

Quote from: bob on April 28, 2013, 11:15:36 AM
Can anyone help with this? I might be moving to work at our main office in brum, and will be travelling to & from Cannock or henesford. Can anyone tell me which ticket I would have to get monthly, how much where would I buy it etc also how much would it cost per month for the X51 bus? Thanx

You need a regional travelcard, all prices are listed on this page
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/tickets-prices/travelcards/adult-travelcards

Bob

Thanks tony. What about for the train, as im a bit worried we wont have a bus for much longer

Tony

Quote from: bob on April 28, 2013, 01:26:47 PM
Thanks tony. What about for the train, as im a bit worried we wont have a bus for much longer

An 'nTrain all zones' ticket covers the whole of the Chase line even as far as Rugeley. The Network West Midlands website isn't as easy to give a direct link to the prices page, but go to http://tickets.networkwestmidlands.co.uk/ and you should be able to negotiate it to the price you want

vinh1000

4 week train Zones 1-5 (All Zones)- £78.50
:)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Tony

Quote from: vinh1000 on April 28, 2013, 01:54:38 PM
4 week train Zones 1-5 (All Zones)- £78.50
:)

There is also a Calender month one which is slightly more expensive, but works out better value when there is 31 days in the month!
Never buy the monthly one February into March!

the trainbasher

If buying a normal Cannock to Birmingham season its best to buy for periods of 1 month and 5 days., reason being it covers you til the first week of the following month

Ignore - Advice incorrect

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

wulfrun

Cannock/Hednesford Rail (n)Train ticket Options
As mentioned (n)Train 1-5 Zones gets you between Hednesford and Birmingham - or anywhere within in Zone 5 - thus Coventry and Wolverhampton too.

If you are travelling on a regular basis then you have three options.

a) Year pass
b) Monthly pass (Direct Debit)
c) 4 Week pass

If you are travelling regularly, then I strongly urge you to choose option b) and buy the Monthly pass as it saves you money in the long run.

Direct Debit

• When you apply for your pass, you include two passport photos and a Direct Debit form authorising Centro to take money out of your nominated bank account.
  • In return you get a leather (n) wallet along with your photo embossed onto your plastic ID Card along with your first monthly ticket.
  • Your first ticket must start on a Sunday. The first debit payment from your account will then be taken the next day. This calendar date will then be the date your debit payment is made for every month that you are a member of the scheme. If this falls on a bank holiday, your payment will be taken the next working day.
  • Tickets posted to you around 10 days before ticket expires. Just write your Photo ID in the box on the ticket and swap it for your old one when it expires.
  • Paying by Direct Debit means you don't have to remember to buy your ticket when it expires, or have to queue up at stations/NWM outlets to buy your ticket.
  • Centro always write to you in advance informing you of any changes in price - giving you time to cancel if required. You must give 20 days notice to cancel. You can cancel the Direct Debit from Bank/Building Society at anytime.
  • If you loose your ticket you pay £5 to have it replaced. Not another £78.50 for another 4 weeks pass!

YEARLY PRICES - (n)Train 1-5 Zones

a) 1 year = 1 Year Pass = 1 purchase @ £760 p/a
b) 1 year = 12 Months = 12 DD purchases per year x £63.50 = £762  p/a
c) 1 year = 52 Weeks / 4 Week Pass = 13 purchases per year x £78.50 = £1020.50 p/a

** Note there are THIRTEEN "months" in a year when using a 4 week pass!! **

Obviously the year pass is the cheapest - but only £2!! (16.6p p/m) more than DD. But Year ticket is only advisable if you know you need it for the entire year and you are not prone to loosing your pass! But over the 4 week pass, Monthly Direct Debit saves you £258 a year!

Just think about the smile on Mrs Bob's face when you present her with those shoes she always wanted but could not afford to buy!   :P  :-* :o  ;D

One gripe, the (n)Network Rail Zone ends at Bloxwich North! We can't use our passes to Hendsford, but (n)Train users can!  ::)
"Forward in Unity"

Tony

Quote from: wulfrun on April 28, 2013, 07:55:09 PM
Cannock/Hednesford Rail (n)Train ticket Options
As mentioned (n)Train 1-5 Zones gets you between Hednesford and Birmingham - or anywhere within in Zone 5 - thus Coventry and Wolverhampton too.

If you are travelling on a regular basis then you have three options.

a) Year pass
b) Monthly pass (Direct Debit)
c) 4 Week pass

If you are travelling regularly, then I strongly urge you to choose option b) and buy the Monthly pass as it saves you money in the long run.

Direct Debit

• When you apply for your pass, you include two passport photos and a Direct Debit form authorising Centro to take money out of your nominated bank account.
  • In return you get a leather (n) wallet along with your photo embossed onto your plastic ID Card along with your first monthly ticket.
  • Your first ticket must start on a Sunday. The first debit payment from your account will then be taken the next day. This calendar date will then be the date your debit payment is made for every month that you are a member of the scheme. If this falls on a bank holiday, your payment will be taken the next working day.
  • Tickets posted to you around 10 days before ticket expires. Just write your Photo ID in the box on the ticket and swap it for your old one when it expires.
  • Paying by Direct Debit means you don't have to remember to buy your ticket when it expires, or have to queue up at stations/NWM outlets to buy your ticket.
  • Centro always write to you in advance informing you of any changes in price - giving you time to cancel if required. You must give 20 days notice to cancel. You can cancel the Direct Debit from Bank/Building Society at anytime.
  • If you loose your ticket you pay £5 to have it replaced. Not another £78.50 for another 4 weeks pass!

YEARLY PRICES - (n)Train 1-5 Zones

a) 1 year = 1 Year Pass = 1 purchase @ £760 p/a
b) 1 year = 12 Months = 12 DD purchases per year x £63.50 = £762  p/a
c) 1 year = 52 Weeks / 4 Week Pass = 13 purchases per year x £78.50 = £1020.50 p/a

** Note there are THIRTEEN "months" in a year when using a 4 week pass!! **

Obviously the year pass is the cheapest - but only £2!! (16.6p p/m) more than DD. But Year ticket is only advisable if you know you need it for the entire year and you are not prone to loosing your pass! But over the 4 week pass, Monthly Direct Debit saves you £258 a year!

Just think about the smile on Mrs Bob's face when you present her with those shoes she always wanted but could not afford to buy!   :P  :-* :o  ;D

One gripe, the (n)Network Rail Zone ends at Bloxwich North! We can't use our passes to Hendsford, but (n)Train users can!  ::)

You can buy nTrain tickets for any number of days from 28 to 365 priced pro rata on the 28 day price. If you choose to buy over the counter this can have major advantages. If you know you are going on holiday in 6 weeks time you buy a 6 week pass, this means you don't pay for the time you are not using or have to buy weekly passes for two weeks at the more expensive price.

I have the annual nNetwork pass, the extension to Hednesford is about £130 per year (It was £124 last year, but mine expires this Friday so I expect to pay a few pounds more

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk