News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Leaflets for services

Started by PM, April 26, 2013, 06:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Just asking this but do diamond still do leaflets for services as i know they did for the 002/144 etc-do they still do them?
If so, where would you get them-im thinking they might do some for redditch but not sure just asking

If not, they should resurrect them and produce some sort of an area booklet for places where they operate a lot eg redditch/west brom. Then passengers would really get to see they have a network especially in redditch/west brom and buy a pass

vinh1000

Quote from: Peter123 on April 26, 2013, 06:21:19 PM
Just asking this but do diamond still do leaflets for services as i know they did for the 002/144 etc-do they still do them?
If so, where would you get them-im thinking they might do some for redditch but not sure just asking

If not, they should resurrect them and produce some sort of an area booklet for places where they operate a lot eg redditch/west brom. Then passengers would really get to see they have a network especially in redditch/west brom and buy a pass
They do a official one with all the redditch bus services in  - with timetables, route maps, and fares for ALL redditch town services
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

PM

Quote from: vinh1000 on April 26, 2013, 06:29:00 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on April 26, 2013, 06:21:19 PM

They do a official one with all the redditch bus services in  - with timetables, route maps, and fares for ALL redditch town services

Do they?
Printed or online? If so where do you get it from?

Cheers

tank90

Printed and you can get them from Plymouth Road Depot, Arden News Kingfisher Centre, Information Kiosk Worcester Square Kingfisher Centre.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

D10

Great news. The old First area guides used to be really useful as you only needed to have one leaflet at home rather than loads.

No sign of a Rotala guide one for Kidderminster yet though.

Kevin_Brum12

I know some councils produced booklets of timetables for their area showing the services of all operators.  Do Worcestershire still produce these or have they been scrapped following cut-backs?

Cedric

Quote from: D10 on April 27, 2013, 10:37:36 AM
Great news. The old First area guides used to be really useful as you only needed to have one leaflet at home rather than loads.

there had not been a first on for years  whittles do one for there services
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Quote from: tank90 on April 26, 2013, 09:53:00 PM
Printed and you can get them from Plymouth Road Depot, Arden News Kingfisher Centre, Information Kiosk Worcester Square Kingfisher Centre.

Thanks! I'll pick one up next time I'm in redditch

PM

MRW were famed at one time for their publicity and books like this weren't they? How much does the redditch one cost by the way?

tank90

Quote from: Peter123 on April 27, 2013, 07:45:08 PM

MRW were famed at one time for their publicity and books like this weren't they? How much does the redditch one cost by the way?
Diamond ones are free as far as I know. FMR Redditch did print Route Timetables with a map for every route but they didnt print that many and when they were gone they were gone unless you wanted X3/3 143/142 57/58 or the 51 in which case Arden News had them. I know somethimes a bus may have them if your lucky also Long Acre will have Redditch Network Timetables complete with Map.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Westy

Unless you're lucky & it features on  a NWM timetable, I havent seen a Diamond timetable for ages.

Last ones I saw were for the old 404 & when they took over on the 301 in Walsall from A2Z in 2009.

PM

Got one of diamonds redditch network books along with timetables for 142/143 and 247 anyone know if they do any for other key routes eg 146/X3 etc or for the kidderminster network cheers. Must say I was very impressed with the redditch guides-clear, concise, colourful very easy to use with fares, network maps, where to board the bus and colour coding. Very good indeed

D10

Quote from: Peter123 on July 15, 2013, 06:17:30 PM
Got one of diamonds redditch network books along with timetables for 142/143 and 247 anyone know if they do any for other key routes eg 146/X3 etc or for the kidderminster network cheers. Must say I was very impressed with the redditch guides-clear, concise, colourful very easy to use with fares, network maps, where to board the bus and colour coding. Very good indeed

I was in Kidderminster last Saturday and tucked away in the library, there was a display next to one of the self-service machines. It was very easy to miss, but had 2 Diamond leaflets available: one was for the Kidder Town services and the other was for the 303.

Agree totally with you on the high standard of presentation of these timetables.

Kevin

First used to do similar books so you might find it's not really a Diamond thing, might be to do with the council
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

PM

Quote from: D10 on July 15, 2013, 09:22:23 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on July 15, 2013, 06:17:30 PM

I was in Kidderminster last Saturday and tucked away in the library, there was a display next to one of the self-service machines. It was very easy to miss, but had 2 Diamond leaflets available: one was for the Kidder Town services and the other was for the 303.

Agree totally with you on the high standard of presentation of these timetables.

Thanks D10-I'll pick one up soon as they really are very good

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk