News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on October 10, 2015, 07:56:30 PM
can't they do  the work on a sunday  instead or is it as busy

Haven't you thought they might be?

Trident 4609

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/closure-of-market-street-wolverhamt/

This diversion has a few errors.

Firstly, it is assuming the 69/89 still loop the city centre (which it hasn't done from over a year). It would not need to come from Garrick St.

Secondly, It fails to mention the fact that the 59 will miss out Market St. It will have to turn righr onto Pipers Row from Bus Station (The 89 will do the same)

Thirdly, 69 isn't affected. Doesn't run after 7pm.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Tony on October 10, 2015, 05:41:45 PM
'We are currently unable to access Solihull town centre on any service due to a broken diamond bus in the roadworks - this is currently single lane and no vehicles are able to pass this bus.'

Was fun running around telling a few  drivers - some were quite pleased! And the passengers - some were not!

MW

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on October 11, 2015, 01:45:18 AM
Was fun running around telling a few  drivers - some were quite pleased! And the passengers - some were not!

The radio message was quite funny lol, there seemed be a certain panic in the guys voice who made the call. I think he said something like "Don't go anywhere near Solihull Town Centre". Weird radio messages today though. Some lucky inspector got a General Callout to get in touch with Perry Barr garage, that was kinda weird, doesn't usually happen. I presume every NXWM vehicle got that message.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: MW on October 11, 2015, 02:02:34 AM
The radio message was quite funny lol, there seemed be a certain panic in the guys voice who made the call. I think he said something like "Don't go anywhere near Solihull Town Centre". Weird radio messages today though. Some lucky inspector got a General Callout to get in touch with Perry Barr garage, that was kinda weird, doesn't usually happen. I presume every NXWM vehicle got that message.

A 5 driver was refusing to reveres as there wasn't an inspector or copper when an s2 was head to head with him! A pcso and other drivers were present but he didn't want the sack! He eventually gave in! Then some little clever boys decided it was a good idea to place cones infront of a bus that was trying to get out after turning around; the driver moved them, went to drive off again and they opened the doors... They had nothing better to do obviously!

Some drivers ignored the message to avoid the town centre completely; we didn't realise this message until the mobile inspector mentioned it which explained why the 6/49/76 wasn't completing the town loop and passengers complaint of 1-2 hour waits!

MW

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on October 11, 2015, 02:10:47 AM
A 5 driver was refusing to reveres as there wasn't an inspector or copper when an s2 was head to head with him! A pcso and other drivers were present but he didn't want the sack! He eventually gave in! Then some little clever boys decided it was a good idea to place cones infront of a bus that was trying to get out after turning around; the driver moved them, went to drive off again and they opened the doors... They had nothing better to do obviously!

Some drivers ignored the message to avoid the town centre completely; we didn't realise this message until the mobile inspector mentioned it which explained why the 6/49/76 wasn't completing the town loop and passengers complaint of 1-2 hour waits!

As far as I'm aware, you don't need a banksman when reversing on public road. It can be anyone who can guide you? And in garage it must be a banksman?

@Tony @John @BU07 LGO please correct me if I'm mistaken

Matt.N0056

Quote from: MW on October 11, 2015, 02:18:48 AM
As far as I'm aware, you don't need a banksman when reversing on public road. It can be anyone who can guide you? And in garage it must be a banksman?

That's what I thought! Reversed a few drivers in my short time, alright not nx. As you say, correct me if I'm wrong!

John

I think it can be a responsible person that can watch your back, like police or another driver. Not 100% certain though. Twice I have had to be reversed/turned around on the road, and both times an Inspector watched us back

BU07 LGO

I've seen busrs been guided by police in the past also in Walsall the diamond and central buses usually reverse park on hatherton street by themselves! Though I think some have rear facing cameras?

Mike K

A 997E just came round Holloway Circus, full circuit and back onto Smallbrook Queensway. I know Carrs Lane / High St are closed due to roadworks, is this the diversion (not even sure of the normal line of route of the 997 round there anyway)?

Kevin

Quote from: Mike K on October 11, 2015, 12:33:43 PM
A 997E just came round Holloway Circus, full circuit and back onto Smallbrook Queensway. I know Carrs Lane / High St are closed due to roadworks, is this the diversion (not even sure of the normal line of route of the 997 round there anyway)?

Just seen one do that as well. No Idea what the hell diversion there is because just boarded a 934 at Bull St and it went out of town the normal way. Maybe it's just genuinely quicker going that way round than attempting Albert Street atm?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

John

The diversion is Albert Street. I saw 2 buses go straight up to try and use Cars Lane this afternoon. A 997E tried to do a U turn at the bus gate by the tunnel under the Bullring and had to reverse the bus to get round. A 33 also  went to use Carrs Lane but I didn't see where he went.

Buses that use stops on Carrs Lane were unloading at a stop on Moor Street (any stop by the looks of it, they were stopping anywhere), and turning round using Park Street and loading back up on Moor Street

Solo1

why isn't there a note on the drivers running board to say use division via albert st to saved time

John

Quote from: Solo1 on October 11, 2015, 04:33:48 PM
why isn't there a note on the drivers running board to say use division via albert st to saved time

There should be. Some drivers probably don't read them. A radio call went out last night for buses to use Albert Street as there was not a notice on the boards yesterday, but there should be today.

That's not the diversion Mike, Albert Street is (Like the Sutton services use)

John

The Lichfield Road was closed this morning between Blackroot Rd and Four Oaks Island for a few hours this morning due to an accident. We had to take a scenic detour through Four Oaks Estate, using Blackroot Road and Wentworth Road, and back to the Island by the Train Station. The road was full of sharp speed bumps and low hanging trees, so you had to crawl your way around there, hearing all the branches crash off the tree defender

I don't know where one 6 (bus 4298) was going as I passed it on Slade Road by the Esso garage. He was heading away from Mere Green towards the 905 terminus. He made it to Sutton though as he was leaving back for Walsall as I pulled into Sutton

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk