News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ossie

A temporary diversion of the 71, certainly south-bound, in Castle Bromwich from around midday today.  Part of the old Chester Road was blocked.  So we diverted  via the 70 then 966 route to rejoin Chester Road at Hurst Lane.  Didn't see any north-bound 71's, so not sure what they were doing.

uniquicity

Trying to work out why I saw a 128 following the 48 route round Lightwoods Hill / Harborne Rd this morning...

Quote from: uniquicity on July 17, 2015, 09:04:48 AM
Trying to work out why I saw a 128 following the 48 route round Lightwoods Hill / Harborne Rd this morning...
Resurfacing works Pottery Road ( 09:30 - 15:30 )

the trainbasher

Coventry road on diversion earlier at small Heath...58/9/60 was going via Small Heath Highway apparently

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

uniquicity

Quote from: 979 on July 17, 2015, 12:13:33 PM
Resurfacing works Pottery Road ( 09:30 - 15:30 )

Many thanks for confirming

Mike K

Interesting diversion on the 99 this week due to Severn Trent work on Tennal Road. To city buses are serving Queens Park Road and Fellows Lane, not roads you would normally see buses on.

On a separate note I wish NXWM could learn to spell Tennal Road correctly on their website. In the 1990s QN buses also had it spelt incorrectly on the "via" blind for Route 20.

Westy

My 311 towards Walsall diverting via J9 Retail Park & missing out J9 !

domino.99

Was the WB43 on diversion out of Bilston around 1900?

Quote from: Dom on August 10, 2015, 09:15:10 PM
Was the WB43 on diversion out of Bilston around 1900?
Currently using Oxford St and Loxdale St due to drainage works are being carried out on Dudley St.

domino.99

Quote from: 979 on August 10, 2015, 09:59:57 PM
Currently using Oxford St and Loxdale St due to drainage works are being carried out on Dudley St.

Thought so, the 43 used that way and I thought the driver was lost :)

John

Currently stuck on Gravilly Hill du to RTC at Kingsbury Road. Diversion for Suttons is Lichfield Road, Slade Road and Fentham Road , the same for the 66. I think the 914s are using Tyburn Road to Salford Circus

Kevin

Quote from: John on August 17, 2015, 07:28:59 AM
Currently stuck on Gravilly Hill du to RTC at Kingsbury Road. Diversion for Suttons is Lichfield Road, Slade Road and Fentham Road , the same for the 66. I think the 914s are using Tyburn Road to Salford Circus

Explains the traffic on Slade road atm, confused the hell out of me when I saw a 66 coming towards us and disappearing up Fentham road.
Kinda typical for the one day I decide to get the 28 and 65 to work instead of X51 into town but hey ho

Looks like it's cleared now, by the time I got to Salford Circus there was traffic going both ways up Gravelly Hill
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

John

Quote from: Kevin on August 17, 2015, 07:49:56 AM
Explains the traffic on Slade road atm, confused the hell out of me when I saw a 66 coming towards us and disappearing up Fentham road.
Kinda typical for the one day I decide to get the 28 and 65 to work instead of X51 into town but hey ho

Looks like it's cleared now, by the time I got to Salford Circus there was traffic going both ways up Gravelly Hill

It was cleared in about 30 minutes but the traffic heading down from Erdington was terrible. nearly back up to the Petrol Station by Six Ways. The traffic behind me that could turn around looked awful too heading back down to Salford Circus

There was a 914, me on a 902, a 66, a 904, the 110 and a DTS Dart stuck heading out of City, and a 66, 110 and 2 90*s stuck heading into City. The accident must have just happened as I was heading into City, as you could get round on the wrong side of the road, so I radioed in to inform AVL. Then the road was closed when the Police turned up, so I radioed back to update the situation. Was 30 down when I got going again, missed out my dropback at Hill Hook and left there 6 minutes late swinging it straight round, but got into Sutton 2 minutes early! Plus I'm finished now anyway, I do like duty 1!

Ronnoc

The 37 looks to be on diversion as I saw some 37's on Highgate road.

Stu

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on August 25, 2015, 07:33:40 PM
The 37 looks to be on diversion as I saw some 37's on Highgate road.

Sure they weren't short workings to Sparkbrook turning round? I saw one earlier heading that way.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk