News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Kevin on April 13, 2015, 07:41:46 AM
Just to mention, although not sure how long it will last, there's now temporary three way lights there

They've been there since last Tuesday, and again they are a great help at rush hour on the 65. They have already lasted longer than the last attempt to help turning right, but I have noticed that people turning right out of the road up to the WMSNT depot run the red light and could cause an accident with cars/buses turning out of Thomas Street.

Kevin

Quote from: John on April 13, 2015, 07:56:05 AM
They've been there since last Tuesday, and again they are a great help at rush hour on the 65. They have already lasted longer than the last attempt to help turning right, but I have noticed that people turning right out of the road up to the WMSNT depot run the red light and could cause an accident with cars/buses turning out of Thomas Street.

Does seem to be causing chaos on Park Lane though, the queue this morning I noticed started not long after the Bartons Arms, and that was at quarter past 7
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

CL

So when does the Harborne High Street (citybound buses only) begin? This morning I saw at least 5 buses going citybound, via the High Street, but by the time I finish school, most, if not all Harborne buses going citybound is diverted...

The diversion goes via: (from Swimming Baths)
- Harborne Park Road
- Metchley Lane

and normal from The Green Man
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stu

Two for the price of one this morning:
According to Birmingham Updates this morning, a bus was involved with a collision with a Mini at the Stratford Road/Colebank Road junction in Hall Green.

As a result, the 6 (and presumably also the X20) was being diverted via Fox Hollies Road, Olton Boulevard East and Shaftmoor Lane in both directions.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

Glad I didn't get the 6 this morning - would've run right into it. Although according to the twitter page, in the Birmingham direction the 6s were going left onto Cole Bank Road, then right onto Sarehole Road.

Ashley 60171

According to Facebook, Northfirld High Street is closed due to a police incident. The next sentence says "there were no buses" which I doubt is true but trying to get that across to said person is like trying to teach algebra to my cats

Tony

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on April 17, 2015, 09:51:51 PM
According to Facebook, Northfirld High Street is closed due to a police incident. The next sentence says "there were no buses" which I doubt is true but trying to get that across to said person is like trying to teach algebra to my cats

Two major police incidents tonight. One in Northfield, so No buses in the 'High Street' part of Northfield, The other in Highgate, putting the 50 on diversion away from Moseley Road

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Tony on April 17, 2015, 10:09:27 PM
Two major police incidents tonight. One in Northfield, so No buses in the 'High Street' part of Northfield, The other in Highgate, putting the 50 on diversion away from Moseley Road

The way the person went on was as if everybody at NX and FMR had just gone to bed or something but was just curious

Trident 4609

Quote from: Tony on April 17, 2015, 10:09:27 PM

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/three-men-suffer-stab-injuries-9070313

Tony

Liberator9

Was there something going on with the 50 north of Kings Heath, in the Southbound direction at around 4:30pm?

Johnsons Scania came down Avenue Road and turned left onto Vicarage - then an out of service Enviro 400 which did the same thing, but at the end of Vicarage, turned left onto the Alchester Road to head back to Brum (had an inspector onboard who hopped off at High Street) and then another E400 out of service coming down Howard Road, turning right onto the Alchester Road to leg it down towards Maypole.

MW

Quote from: Liberator9 on April 20, 2015, 07:00:49 PM
Was there something going on with the 50 north of Kings Heath, in the Southbound direction at around 4:30pm?

Johnsons Scania came down Avenue Road and turned left onto Vicarage - then an out of service Enviro 400 which did the same thing, but at the end of Vicarage, turned left onto the Alchester Road to head back to Brum (had an inspector onboard who hopped off at High Street) and then another E400 out of service coming down Howard Road, turning right onto the Alchester Road to leg it down towards Maypole.

There's roadworks going on, on Alcester Road.

B.C Driver

All services using the main A34 through Newtown diverted due to a burst water main from around 9pm. Looks like the 33, 51, 907, 934, 935, 936, 952 and 997 are turning onto New John St, then using 46 route along Wheeler St, then right onto Lozells Rd to Six Ways.
The 7 is doing the 46 route from town to six Ways and the 8 using Wheeler St too.
It was like a river down there - water everywhere!
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Kevin

To avoid complete off topicness in the central garage thread...

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on May 03, 2015, 08:57:14 AM
here are diversions today due to 10K marathon

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/birmingham-10k-marathon-sunday-3rd-may-2015

Loving the 8C diversion!
Highgate - City - five ways
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk